kwa sr10

The this and that of airsoft.
Nabors
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

kwa sr10

Post by Nabors » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:32 am

I ran into some issues with my current dmr build was looking to get a better quality rifle for my dmr build. Jw what peoples thoughts were on the kwa sr10. Im looking at the sr10 over the sr12 because i hate the m16 butstock thats on the sr 12. I have alot of m4/m16 dmr parts that Im wondering if there even better than the parts in the sr10. I had a javelin m16 i was goin to use but i just keep finding lil things about the gun i cant stand. Its just not a quality gun. i know if i put these parts into this m16 i wont be happy even if it performs well. Idk i would rather pay more for like a kwa or vfc to upgrade. Guess im to picky for the cheaper route.

List of parts i have to build a dmr
-cheetah mosfet
-shs 18:1 steel gears
-shs high torque motor
-modify poly carb pistonhead
-modify air nozzle
-systema area 1000 cylinder head
-Guarder sp160 spring
-systema area 1000 cylinder
-modify polycarb piston
-prometheus spring guide
-prometheus hop up chamber
-modify stainless steel bushings
-prometheus 6.03 tightbore 550

Cody C.
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: kwa sr10

Post by Cody C. » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 pm

If you're rocking that heavy of a spring you'll more than likely need one of these...
http://www.tacticalairsoftsupply.com/sh ... ystem.html

However, it only works with one piece hop-up units, so a KWA wouldn't do.

You may also want to look into Starfolder's Flat Hop mod.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:13 am

http://www.tacticalairsoftsupply.com/sh ... ystem.html
These are a waste of money unless you've already broken your gearbox. And even then, you can get a new gearbox shell for a few dollars more. I've never had a gearbox shell break on me, and I've never used one of those shock transfer systems.

Don't get a KWA. They are best left stock. If you want a new platform, look at VFC or G&P. Both have excellent externals. With that parts list, the internals don't matter. If I had to chose, I think I'd go with the G&P over the VFC, just because the trades are a little nicer. However, the VFC does have a nifty little bolt catch system where you can lock the bolt back. The external quality of each is top of the market.

KWAs are fantastic stock guns, but they really don't take kindly to upgrades.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Cody C.
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Cody C. » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 pm

I've had the front half of my gear box completely snap off before, and it was a stock gun. Although it was a KWA...