1) With the possible exception of me when I have my RPK, PEOPLE DO NOT SHOOT AT NOTHING. If there are bbs hitting the branches and walls around you, people can see you! This means that they will actually notice if you are not calling those hits, no matter how well-hidden you think you are.Gambler wrote:Getting hit doesn't mean you suck. It means you are in the fight.
2) At least 35% of Airsoft Players use some kind of optical zoom on their guns. That may not seem like much, but combined with the fact that players always travel in groups (except snipers, which have a near-100% chance of zoom optics), it means that it's above even odds that an enemy player can see the bbs as they impact you. You might think that the lucky shot that hit your shoulder is a secret between you and the Airsoft Gods. It is not, and it WILL make somebody mad.
3) Hits to Gear count as kills! This includes ghillie suits, hats, plate carriers, vests, and SWAT shields (unless you are playing a special game where exceptions are made). If you are in ghillie and they are shooting at you, it means that your job as a sniper is effectively over, anyway. Call yourself out as soon as you think you've been hit. NEW PLAYERS: Learn the sound of bbs hitting your gear! This will solve 90% of possible issues where you are being hit and you are pissing somebody off because you are not calling it. It is very distinct and sounds different from bbs hitting branches, cover, and wood. This brings me to my next point:
4) We are a close-knit group! Every player is unique, and players who even sometimes do not call their hits are universally hated on both sides. You might think that players on your side do not want you to call your hits so that they will have an extra gun at their side, but this is not the case. I want fair players on both sides of my weapons.
5) Death is not the end! The only time when getting hit counts as the end of your game are in short deathmatches that are usually less than 20 minutes, so use your death as a time to regroup. Regrouping with other dead players at respawn to make a push at the place where you were killed is ALWAYS more effective than stubbornly holding an area all by yourself and waiting for reinforcements. It's also freaking satisfying to roll in on those guys that just killed you with 10 bloodthirsty friendlies.
6) Kills are never the objective! Game organizers know that if kills are the goal, then nobody would ever call their hits and nobody would ever get kills. They make objectives like "hold this area"