Radios?

The this and that of airsoft.
Nabors
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Radios?

Post by Nabors » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Jw what type of radios most people used wanted to make sure the ones i pick up are compatible.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: Radios?

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:12 am

As long as your radio runs the standard GMRS/FRS 22 channel setup that most civilian handsets run you will be fine.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 am

Headset-compatible radios are your friend. Trust me, you'll get tired of having to dig that thing out of your gear every time you want to communicate. Especially when under fire.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

Ghost Warrior
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Ghost Warrior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

were is a good site i can go to get a head set one
GHOST WARRIOR

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Ghost Warrior wrote:were is a good site i can go to get a head set one
First of all, proofread for understanding before you post something.

As for your question, it depends on your particular style of headsets, however most of the major airsoft retailers have headsets in stock (Evike,AirsoftGI, EhobbyAsia, Etc)
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:20 pm

A good headset can get pricey, but so far I'm not disappointed by my $26 matrix tactical headset from Evike.com. The PTT unit I bought from there isn't bad either. Just be sure you match your radios and headset, or you'll end up buying something you can't even use. Those connectors may all look the same, but trust me they aren't.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

Nabors
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Nabors » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm

where is the best place to get radios i can find headsets all day but no radios

atl
I do in fact have a life.

Post by atl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:20 am

get radios but not get radios headset what are you saying?

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 am

They are looking for a good, headset compatable, cheap radio website.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:46 am

Suggested setup:

Puxing PX777 - $60ish with radio, battery, charger, programming cable, and maybe even a speakermic or earpiece

If you're dead set on a headset, save up for a Pryme or similar high end Kenwood-plug headset/PTT combo. The cheap ones from Evike are great while they work, but the PTTs will wear out fast if you actually use them a lot. I've burned through 2 or 3, and wish I had just bought a good headset to start off.

These little radios outshine ANYTHING you can buy at Walmart for a similar price, are quite sturdy, and have great battery life.

I know spending close to $100 on a radio setup can sound like a lot, but if you intend to play airsoft very long they turn out to be a great investment. I'd be glad to offer more advice if you decide to get a more complex radio than a Midland from Walmart.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

majiccity54
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by majiccity54 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:53 pm

does the Kenwood/ptt fit the Puxing777

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:42 am

I like my cheap'ish Midland walkies. Too bad there aren't a lot of accessories for them.

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 pm

majiccity54 wrote:does the Kenwood/ptt fit the Puxing777
Correct, Kenwood F-Type connections fit both Puxing PX-777 and PX-888.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

stuckmojo

Post by stuckmojo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:37 pm

the boafeng uvb5 is a great radio for around 30-35 dollars. its duel band and programmable which is what you want. you can find it on amazon or ebay i have brought one from both and had my radio within a week plus the boafeng takes a kenwood 2 pin which most of your programmable radios take anyway and you can find practically any style headset you want with the kenwood 2 pin. aliexpress is another good site to order radios and headsets from. i brought a boafeng and a throat mic and push to talk for a total of 75 dollars. keep in mind there are major drawbacks to buying 2way radio from walmart or any of your sporting goods stores such as the midland and motorollas and cobras....the first being most have a transmit power of one half watt to 1 watt, which is fine for your smaller fields but when you get on a big field such as fulda gap your going to have issues transmitting and receiveing. 2 drawback is the radios come preset with the channels and you cant program your own private channel for you and your team. your programmable radios such as the boafengs and puxings have a transmitt power of 4 to 5 watts which greatly increases the range of the radio and they are programmable so you can program your own private channels
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:47 pm

I want to make you all aware of some "civilian" options that should work well and look tacticool too.

Electronic Earmuffs by Howard Leight. Basically the most bang for your buck. And unlike the Z-tacs, it's made to actually work right. $40
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T7 ... UTF8&psc=1

A speaker mic with a 3.5mm audio jack. Get one that will work with your civilian / walmart radio. This is the one I have. $15
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMN ... UTF8&psc=1

And a 3.5mm male to male audio cable. You can run it from the audio jack on the speaker mic to the audio input on the Howard Leight Earmuffs. $7
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G7 ... UTF8&psc=1

For about $60, you now have real electronic shooting earmuffs that you can listen to your radio communications through, have ear protection from both loud sounds and bb's, and you look cool. You will have to use your speaker mic to talk into, but just keep it next to your face.