Gear questions

The this and that of airsoft.
captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Gear questions

Post by captainkirk05 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 am

Questions about gear,
1. On the Eagle MBAV or EPC and it's replicas, look at the inside where the size and brand tags are on the backside. What are those stitched in straps for? They have slots where it looks like it was made for something to be inserted, but I can't figure out what. There's two big slots in the larger upper seatbelt looking strap, and four small slots down lower on the back. Also, what is supposed to go in the mesh area on the inside of the front panel?

2. On the huge long Eagle hydration pouch there at two female snaps at the top. What would these be used for? I have noticed this feature on some backpacks as well.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Gear questions

Post by captainkirk05 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 am

Come on gear whores I know you are out there, answer my questions. I'm going to have to take your whore status away if you don't tell me your secrets.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:43 am

All the gear whores I know of are currently at Faded Giant, so you might need to wait till the weekend is out to hear from them.

Cause I'm really no help when it comes to gear :)
[align=center]Image[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:35 pm

1: Plates. Replica/real. they leave them there. At least I think so. you would have to take pictures.

1: A hydro. There should be a male strap on that thing somewhere. normally they are velcro. The hydro has two slits at the top that these go through to hold it vertically at the time.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 am

Question #1 answer: The mesh area inside the front panel is for soft armor and hard armor. As for the inside strap, the world may never know. Seriously I have never seen them used for anything. They are just kinda there.

Question #2 answer:

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Ok so that is to use with the RRV I see. As for the mesh area, I wonder what type of soft armor or plates that would be, because I have some replica small sized plates and the mesh pouch is way too small to fit those in there. As for the straps on the back piece touching the back, I've wondered if they were meant for pontoons that were never produced.

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:14 pm

by the mesh area did you mean this?

Because I do not know of any mesh area inside the front plate bag. Snap a pic or get one and I can tell you what it is.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Not the cummerbund plate pouches. The mesh pouch is shown at 1:08 with the plate carrier opened up showing the inside, along with those webbing straps on the back.

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 pm

maps, documents, ect would be my guess. I know that is what the mesh pocket on my Eagle Rig is for. I got confused when you said inside the front panel. I though you literally meant inside the plate bag.

Thunderbunny
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Thunderbunny » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 pm

It is for maps, documents, etc. I have pouches like that on either side of my flc and it is for such items. If you want proof, fold a regular sized copy paper in half and it fits perfectly, guaranteed. (The manufacture may have made the pockets a different size,but I'm pretty sure they were made for various paper items).
U.S. MARINES

USMC
When it Absolutely, Positively
Must be Destroyed Overnight!

Vietnam Patrol 9/28/13

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:39 pm

I finally figured out what the straps inside on the back plate are for, thanks to some random Youtube video. You can stick the shoulder straps of an RRV through them to hold them in place when using the back of an EPC with the RRV.

UF_Jester
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by UF_Jester » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:08 am

captainkirk05 wrote:I finally figured out what the straps inside on the back plate are for, thanks to some random Youtube video. You can stick the shoulder straps of an RRV through them to hold them in place when using the back of an EPC with the RRV.
Big time necro-post here, but I believe those straps are also for a sling that integrates into the back of the carrier and hangs over the shoulders.
Team United Front CO
Vet:
OP24-Two________________OP Blackout
OP Phantom Hawk_________OP Anaconda
TDC (Ga/SC#1)___________OP Just Cause
OP Irene IX TFR 3-1___OP Ranch Hand-Vietcong CO
_____________________OP SoCo (Ga/SC#2)
Carpe noctem
Proprium nocte
unitedfrontairsoft.com