PTW

The this and that of airsoft.
shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

PTW

Post by shadowhawk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:08 pm

I"ve been looking at ptw's for milsim, and was interested in a celcius, but after reviews I decided against it. I don't have a thousand dollars for a systema, and am interested in a a&k ptw and wondered about everyones opinion on them. thanks
God will judge my enemies, well arrange the meeting.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: PTW

Post by Star_folder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Could buy a PTW used. You can generally find them for <$1000 used, usually cheaper from what I've seen. That's half the price of brand new.

From what I've seen, the A&K PTW is a decent clone.
[align=center]Image[/align]

shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by shadowhawk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Sadly, I don't have that much with ordering gear for my impression, I'm probably gonna pick up a a&k if they ever go back in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm

It might be a better idea to go with an AEG then. They are all around much cheaper. PTWs are very expensive, even the clones when you start to take into account how much the mags cost.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:32 pm

PTW are the best airsoft guns ever created. Clone PTWs are junk. Save your allowance for the real thing.

Or get an Echo 1.

Romba
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:48 pm

I was gonna say, what about Echo 1's PTW? Or are they not out yet?

Sent from my underground bunker using Tapatalk
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by shadowhawk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm

They must not be out yet, I'll look at it if they do.

thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by thebutnugget » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm

My PTW is so good it does the shooting for me. I just hold it and pull the trigger and the pwning begins
[align=center]V[/align]

shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by shadowhawk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm

I've looked at some forums, and apparently the celcius mx3 is really good, except for motor(normal for tw) and can out preform a ptw after a fcc motor. im considering getting that and as parts break just put in fcc internals. Is that a good idea?

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:39 pm

hahaha sorry, I just had to laugh when you said a celcius could out perform a systema. I have been using systema ptw's longer than most people on this forum have been playing airsoft.

I can tell you to save your money and buy a used ptw, preferably one that has already been tackleberried. The celcius is not a good copy and uses subpar materals. Anytime you buy a clone TW you are taking a risk. I have seen some good ones (after mods) like BaldEagle's DTW, and have seen straight lemons which the majority of them being lemons. I have yet to see a lemon ptw, yes their motors are a weak point but a 2 week trip to the UK and it will run basically forever. The systema have the best tolerances, best materials, and are the best feeling. I have a 08 that was tac'd in 08 and has been running exactly the same for the past 6 years. Basically maintenance free (replaced the hop once and the brushes 2x).

This is going to sound harsh but if you are trying to budget out a TW then it is not the gun for you. If you don't have the cash to drop on a brand new ptw then you don't have the cash to fix it if something does go wrong. Because if it does they are some of the most expensive guns to fix.

Also if you get one be prepared to have people hate on you just cause you are a ptw using elitist and are too good to use a aeg like a sensible person.

Also I am not a fan of FCC, after a very expensive failed venture into them. I now affectionally refer to them as fucking crap customs.

shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by shadowhawk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

I had some concerns with the celcius and have looked at some Ptw, I am not looking to buy now as I want to save up and get it, but where would be best to find a nice used or new Ptw?

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:23 pm

BaldEagle's DTW was a lemon. The sun gear wasn't formed right, the gun was DOA. We had to replace the gear, then it was functional, and has functioned just fine ever since. Call that a mod or not, but the gun didn't work out of the box.

It should also be noted that the stock hop up didn't work well with anything except for the stock mag. Once it was replaced, it works much better, but that's a rather limiting factor, having to only use DTW mags instead of other brands.

2nd Ranger
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by 2nd Ranger » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:33 pm

check the systema user group forum for good deals on used ptw's that are almost all tac modded

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:05 pm

in this thread we shall now post pictures of our PTWs for AEG using peons to drool over

shadowhawk
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

PTW

Post by shadowhawk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm probably going to do that, about how much Is reasonable for a used one with mags and basic tacked out?

Last edited by shadowhawk on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.