KWA KM4 SR10

The this and that of airsoft.
Campo
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

KWA KM4 SR10

Post by Campo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Greatly appreciated if you guys would let me know what you think about this gun I'll be checking back throughout the day tommorow to reply and ask a few questions please honest opinions http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product ... ts_id=5633
You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid, mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead
hands.

OP Second sun
Blue Hole 9/17/11
Battle in the Badlands
OP Twisted Alliance
Crisis in Dunundistan II
Strategic Defense Initiative
Independence Day Blue Hole 7/2/16

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: KWA KM4 SR10

Post by Star_folder » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:37 pm

KWA makes some pretty solid guns. They have a good rps and good fps right out of the box, and usually they run for quite a long time before needing any maintenance.
[align=center]Image[/align]

crossfire876
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by crossfire876 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:56 pm

I have mixed fixed feelings on KWA. They run pretty good out of the box, good stock FPS/RPS as star mentioned and run that way (assuming you don't get a lemon) for a good while. I remember reading somewhere that the 2GX gearbox was specifically engineered for the M120ish spring. Probably the reason they kept the M120 in the CQRs and ported out half the cylinder volume.

The 2GX bucking, at least the bucking from ~2012, couldn't even lift a 0.25g BB. Kirk immediately needed to replace his. The wiring isn't bad, just funny that they terminate to a small tamiya immediately out of the back of the gearbox and then connect wiring to run it to the end of the stock (SR12). Probably to keep from needing to wire any of the gearboxes a special way, but would add resistance to your system. Just an FYI.

The metal bodies are cast and look to be pot metal. Ask the owner of Battlecat in Anderson his opinion on KWA, it's a good story. He showed some of us a broken KWA receiver, and it looked like a Nestle Crunch bar inside. Lots of bubbles. Kirks SR12 receiver has also cracked near the rear body pin, lot like the CQR issues. He's also got the KM4 Commando that seems to be holding up okay.

Overall, KWA is a good offering and is best when left in stock format. If you are looking for a platform to drop a lot of aftermarket parts into I wouldn't get the KWA. However, if you want something that performs out of the box, there are worse choices out there.

I don't have any personal experience with the Krytac line of AEGs, but I am keeping my eye on them. Their mosfet is a 3034 base and preliminary reviews are pretty good. Should be the same price range as the KWA. Just a thought.
[align=center]CROSSFIRE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL SVI Airsoft

24 For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."[/align]

Villid
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Villid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:32 pm

I agree with the assessment of the 2gx bucking. That thing is awful, replaced mine immediately as well. Mine (CQR-MOD1)had a compression issue right out of the box, so was shooting well below expected fps, but it was an easy fix. Other than that, its been a solid gun. Any other issues its had have been a result of my tinkering.
Carolina Border Wars 2010
OP:AoWL
Op:White Noise 2
Op:Banshee
Op:Blackwater 2
Fulda Gap 2011 - NATO

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:31 am

KWA hopup is totally hit and miss. I have seen them shoot beautifully stock for a long time (both original and 2gx), and I've seen them be utter crap right out of the box. The main thing to remember about KWA is they don't play nice with a lot of aftermarket parts. I usually recommend that people considering KWAs look at VFC instead, mostly for that reason (and the bodies are nicer IMO).
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

vanevery
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by vanevery » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Star_folder wrote:KWA makes some pretty solid guns. They have a good rps and good fps right out of the box, and usually they run for quite a long time before needing any maintenance.
Did someone hack your account?
I literally did a double take read on your post, checked the date, and then did all that again.

Back on topic:
So OP, what did you decide?

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 am

vanevery wrote:
Star_folder wrote:KWA makes some pretty solid guns. They have a good rps and good fps right out of the box, and usually they run for quite a long time before needing any maintenance.
Did someone hack your account?
I literally did a double take read on your post, checked the date, and then did all that again.
lol, no, I was being honest. KWA isn't a gun that I would ever purchase, they do have a few rather annoying problems if you start to try and upgrade them. But as a stock gun, they seem to run pretty darn well more often than not. For most people, they are more than happy with the stock performance.

If the OP wants more info, or other suggestions, he would have asked.