What Do You Carry into Battle?

The this and that of airsoft.
Bulldog
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

What Do You Carry into Battle?

Post by Bulldog » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Hey there, everyone.

I'm still trying to figure out what loadout works best for me (vest, battle belt, plate carrier, etc), and what I should take into a game to always be prepared. Right now, I've always pack about six mags, a radio, dead rag, a backup battery, and a hydration pack. What do you guys pack into your loadout, though? I'm eager to hear what other people do.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What Do You Carry into Battle?

Post by Dominum » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:53 am

It all depends on the game. If I am going to be out in the field for 2-3 hours before I come back to the parking lot I carry a lot less than if I am going to be out there for 8 hours non-stop, etc. The ALICE rig I have worn at the last few games has had two canteens, a pistol with three mags, 10 STANAG Mids, a couple frags if needed, and some BBs and snacks in a small pouch. If I go out on a long patrol with that kit, I'll add an AI mini GG bottle, maybe an MRE, more BBs and another canteen. Alternatively, at Stone Breaker I know I'll never be in the field for more than 3 hours, so I'll run a trishot with about 40 shells, a pistol with three mags, a dump pouch, a bladder, mini GG, some extra rounds and a small snack just in case, probably some frags and two radios.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:01 am

What I take into the field largely depends on what I'm doing that day.

Generally, I always have my radio, hydration carrier, and dead rag. Water is 100% necessary, Communication is very important, and having a Dead rag is 100% a good idea. (also required by the AOSC rules). I also carry a Leatherman MUT Multitool. Small knives and little screw drivers, along with the other attachments make it slightly useful. I often have a pistol on my belt. Pistols are good for 0ft engagements and as a backup incase something unlikely happens to your primary, also, some games require them.

I have room for 8 mags. I usually carry 3, 6, or 8. If I'm using a support gun, I generally carry 3-6 high caps. I use the mags for counter balance from the hydration carrier on my back, and for extra ammo as needed, saves a few trips back to the car.

If I'm running an assault rifle, I'll have 3-6 high caps if they are allowed. If It's a midcap only game, I'll have all 8 pouches loaded with mids. If I'm running mids, I'll have a dump pouch on my belt for the empty mags.

The rest of the gear depends on the game. If I need to carry medic bandages, I'll probably have a utility pouch on my belt to carry those supplies. If it's CQB, I'll have a helmet, if it's indoors, I'll have on earpro as well.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Doublewolf
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Doublewolf » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:25 am

A chest rig with six magazines, a multitool, a flashlight, a radio, and a first aid kit. I also have an admin pouch which usually contains a notebook and pen; my keys, phone and wallet and a Clif Bar. I wear a 3L Camelbak for hydration.

I highly recommend a first aid kit. It's something many people forget about, but it can be very useful. For airsoft, all you really need is some antibiotic ointment and some band aids to get people back in the fight, but if you really want to be prepared for emergencies, you can check out this video I made about how to create a trauma kit for less than $20.

The best kit is one you make yourself, but if you want to buy one pre-made, this is a good option.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:58 pm

I carry way too much.
- 3 liters of water
- Backpack
- 7 120rd midcap mags
- either extra mags in backpack, or speedloader and extra bb's.
- extra battery
- dead rag, medic rags, ace bandages (used as medic rags too)
- radio stuff
- clothing includes underwear, socks, jock strap with giant cup, shirt, pants, boots, gloves
- 2 thunder B grenades
- a 16 pound gun, and then a pistol with 1 extra mag
- sometimes a GoPro camera
- an assortment of replica body armor, helmet, goggles, and hearing protection
- custom mesh face protection
- a duty belt for the pistol and some extra pouches as well

specter

Post by specter » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:39 am

I personally hate wearing gear so I wear as little as possible. I mostly just keep all my stuff in my pockets.
6 STANAG/4 AK hicaps in cargo pockets
Dead rag
Gun (always 0 med)
Mesh goggles
Bottle of water

Only problem is that when I run stuff is always flapping around in my pockets.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face