Bit of a Dumb Question Regarding Magazine Types...

The this and that of airsoft.
Bulldog
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Bit of a Dumb Question Regarding Magazine Types...

Post by Bulldog » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 pm

...But what's the difference between a hi-cap and a mid-cap? I've heard that hi-caps can carry 400-200 BBs (or something similar) while mid-caps can hold 250-100 BBs. And then I've also heard that hi-caps are just any magazines that hold a lot of BBs that you wind, while in contrast, mid-caps are the 80-30 round magazines that -don't- wind that you typically use in milsim. I'm very confused right now. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bit of a Dumb Question Regarding Magazine Types...

Post by Dominum » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Hicaps can hold anywhere between 150-1000 rounds, depending on the gun. They have an empty space that acts as a reservoir which holds BBs. This reservoir empties (via springloaded plate or more commonly gravity) into a winding mechanism. It contains a coiled spring that can store a limited amount of energy from winding so that you do not have to wind for every shot. They can be wound by a notched wheel, a pull string (flash mag) , or even a small electric motor (most box mags) .

Midcaps contain a long, narrow, curving, tube shaped BB reservoir, inside is a very long spring that applies constant pressure on the BBs, because as BBs are loaded the spring is compressed. Midcaps hold between 50-160 rounds. Lowcaps are Midcaps with less capacity, like 20-30 rnds or so. Realcaps are Midcaps that hold the same amount of rnds as the real life mag for it's gun.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Bulldog
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Bulldog » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:50 pm

That'll be tree fiddy.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]