Alice Gear

The this and that of airsoft.
P.J.
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Alice Gear

Post by P.J. » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm considering switching to Alice gear over my JPC. Does anyone know the best place to get it? And is it worth the switch. "ALICE dominant race" -Dom. Yall's thoughts?
"Peace is having a bigger stick than the other guy." -Tony Stark (RDJ)

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Alice Gear

Post by Arbee » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:14 am

I ran an ALICE kit back when I first started playing, and in my personal experience, MOLLE is a better platform. MOLLE is less fiddly, the pieces are lighter and fit together more securely, it's insanely customizeable, and you don't have to worry about messing around with or losing those damned ALICE clips.

ALICE is pretty much limited to what you can immediately fit on a belt, though you can make room on your belt by purchasing an LBV (tactical corset!) for your spare mags.

In the end, though, it's really up to you. I'd personally only use ALICE for purposes of immersing myself into games like Vietnam Patrol or if it were required, like it is at East Wind.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 pm

ALICE provides plenty of customizable real estate for anything you will ever actually need to carry in an airsoft game, even if you're a mag whore. ALICE is more suited to woodland combat and is more comfortable and less cumbersome than PCs. ALICE is not meant for CQB, too much on your waist. ALICE is meant for what we mostly play in SC, the great outdoors and high levels of heat and humidity. It allows you to easily get very low to the ground for prone shooting, evasion, and low crawling. It evenly distributes weight and is very comfortable but doesn't hold heat and moisture like many rigs do, which is a big deal in SC in the summer. Many players wear gear that is meant for short duration direct action in urban areas, they then use it in the height of summer in the woods were the lowest they can go is on a knee, which oftentimes just doesn't cut it. They drop out of games after a few hours from the unnecessary amount of weight and heat, when a much cheaper solution (ALICE ) would have met their needs better. You can get real ALICE cheap at most military surplus type stores, and on eBay, etc. I don't know if you need to switch, per se, but during the summer and in non CQB oriented games I'd highly recommend ALICE. Just like different weapons suit different circumstances better or worse, different gear suits different environments and game types better.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

P.J.
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by P.J. » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:40 am

Thanks for the input, the points you made, Dom, about the summer are very true. I think im gonna make the switch or start to once i get my tax return in.
"Peace is having a bigger stick than the other guy." -Tony Stark (RDJ)

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Arbee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 pm

You can run the same rig with a battle belt and suspenders, though. Just because you use MOLLE gear doesn't mean you're obligated to wear a plate carrier.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Sedjet
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Sedjet » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:43 pm

I know I am a little late here, but in my experiance in the military in which I used both Alice and Molle, I highly prefer Molle. There are platforms for the Molle such as the LBV and a Rucksacks, and Assault packs that are Molle Compatable, You really have more ability and customization from Molle than Alice in my opinion.

Crawler86
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Crawler86 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:56 pm

I run Alice to be different. You don't NEED Mollie. Its cool but you don't have to have it.
Use what you like.
FIRST ONE IN
LAST ONE OUT