Best 0.32g bb

The this and that of airsoft.
captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Best 0.32g bb

Post by captainkirk05 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm in need of ammo for my DMR. 0.32g ammo to be precise. What are the best options for this mass? I have tried Bio-Shot 0.32 and was disappointed with results. The problem with these is they did not feed well, possibly due to softness or the coating. I'm wanting to avoid biodegradable bb's in general since I've read this is common with them, and I'm not touching heavier mass bb's since after over 0.32g they are made of crayon wax. I've seen goldenball 0.32s on airsoft atlanta, but that is a discontinued product which is usually bad news.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Best 0.32g bb

Post by Star_folder » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:17 am

I'm not sure where you are basing your opinions off of heavyweight bbs, I can only assume you have picked up some real crap in the past and are assuming they are all like this? Yes, some are terrible, but they aren't all bad.

If you are using a DMR, use .40s. Currently, HPA makes the best .40s on the market, imo. They are tan, but they feed in midcaps and are good and consistent. All other .40s/.43s have issues feeding in midcaps, though are otherwise fine in my experience.

Currently, while it pains me to say it, Elite Force .32s seem to be the best on the market. They feed well in mids, they fly well. BioShots, as you've found, do not feed well in mids. However, we just got word that they have a new batch out, and will be picking some up to test to see how this newest batch works. So far, the trend seems to bounce back and forth between bbs that feed well and bbs that don't feed well. I don't have experience with Goldenball .32s.
[align=center]Image[/align]

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Yes I have had bad experiences with heavyweight bb's leaving wax like residue on the bucking, killing my accuracy. I took the risk and got two bags of 0.32g Goldenball's, but not the biodegradable ones. I saw the HPA ones but that price turned me away. I'll be more of a suppressing fire / shoot 'till it hits role with the lighter bb's. If the Goldenballs don't work out I may try the Elite Force bb's, if they work then they work after all.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Did you use the crappy grey/silver .40s that have been common for a couple years now? Those will leave that residue. The good news is that the last batch of Madbull .40s are very different, I'll know soon if they still have that issue, but hopefully not. They don't have the 'dust' that they used to, so that's a good sign.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Romba
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Romba » Wed May 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Elite Force .32s are basically the only .32s I can find that feed in my PTW. So that might say somthing?
Click the link above to check out my channel for reviews and gameplay!

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:53 pm

So far the Goldenball bb's seem to work good. They have seams but they are polished smooth. Feeding is good on semi; I can't really speak for full auto because I only ever got problems with the Bioshots when using full auto, which my gun no longer does.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Turns out I had a few hiccups with these bb's at the game. At one point they stopped feeding reliably, but then started feeding without issue after rotating between 3 mags a couple of times, weird. Also, I was getting what looked to be a 4 ft spread at 60 - 70 yards, that's not good. Dom mentioned it might be because 0.32g is too light for a gun that shoots 510 fps with 0.25g bb's.