How to run an op/game 101

The this and that of airsoft.
NORM
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

How to run an op/game 101

Post by NORM » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Hey all,

I have been in and out of the airsoft world for a while now, but I always enjoy making it out to games. I was recently talking with a friend about what it might take to run an op or game, and to do it excellently. That is not to say that there are not excellent games already held, but I was just curious do know what it takes. I like to think I am a generally smart guy, but just wanted to get some input from you experienced guys as far as details that I haven't thought of or would not know, having never run a game. So, as far as this post goes, What are some dos and dont's guidelines to consider when planning/hosting/running an event? I don't have any huge plans right now, but I wanted to put my ear to the ground here and see what y'all have to say. If there are good threads on this topic already, I would appreciate that direction as well.

Thanks,
Norm

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to run an op/game 101

Post by Dominum » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Sadly I have no time to write a book for you (though one is needed), but I will tell you the two most important things to do to prepare yourself are to attend a lot of games of different kinds, on different fields, run by different people; and to then offer to help admin in some capacity. That is how I and the rest of the AOSC leadership have trained new AOSC Representatives to run games over the years.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

NORM
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: How to run an op/game 101

Post by NORM » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Im sure there is a book somewhere in some forum thread, somewhere on the internet... Thanks!