Airsoft Carolina

Leave warnings and praises for retailers here!
Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Airsoft Carolina

Post by Gambler » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:57 am

I want to start off by saying they have an extremely friendly staff at he store.  Having said that though I have to say that I have had very bad experiences with their work on my guns.  I have taken 3 guns to them in the last month and after I got each one back I had to either return it to them or have someone else fix it.  On one of the guns one of the wires have 3 solders on it.  IMO that wire should have been replaced rather than left as it was.  One gun I got back had a fuse that was already blown...  On one gun where my original wiring had obviously been cut and a new wiring harness soldered onto the old wiring there was electrical tape instead of heat shrink and it didn't even completely cover the wiring, so it was exposed.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Braz
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Airsoft Carolina

Post by Braz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:48 am

I have had nothing but good experience from airsoft carolina, they have friendly staff and great customer service in my opinion. I have never had a gun worked on by them though i always work on my own stuff but the above comment is the first bad feedback i have had concerning airsoft carolina.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:49 am

Braz wrote: I have had nothing but good experience from airsoft carolina, they have friendly staff and great customer service in my opinion. I have never had a gun worked on by them though i always work on my own stuff but the above comment is the first bad feedback i have had concerning airsoft carolina.
Braz, I agree with everything you said about them.  The guys are very nice and I read a lot of god reviews about them and that's why I drove 3 1/2 hours to take my guns to them, but after having to make multiple trips back and forth to return guns to them that I has had less than a day was very frustrating, and then to have to take them all to someone else and watching as he opened them up and saw how bad the soldering was and then gettign them back from him and having no problems with them after that.  It was very frustrating.  On my M14 they said they "thought" the motor was bad, but couldn't be sure.  When another guy looked at it(I don't want to put his name here, but most people on here know who he is and he is a very good gun tech) he knew iwthing 5 minutes of me giving him the gun that the brushings were bad.  Since he had it opened we saw 3 solders in my wiring.  He said "It looks like a 3 year old did this."  There was basically a big knot in the middle of the solder with a big glob on it.  The wire that was soldered twice was less than 6 inches long and should have been replaced. That was after they had the gun for 3 weeks after having it for 2 weeks prior to that and not fixing it.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

I'll just throw in that I ordered a battery and bag of BB's from them 2 nights ago and they arrived this morning at 10. The battery was just loose in the box but the BB's bag was intact. In short, good prices, reasonable shipping rates, and you'll get your stuff in about a day.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 am

IronChef wrote: in ac defense...they are over whelmed and their primary tech is also working another job. my advice is u need repair or mods done on guns...spread them out amongst various shops. thats what i did.
I don't think being overwhelmed is much of a defense for shoddy work.  They had my guns for weeks, but not one of them worked more than a day when I got it back from them.  To me that is just unacceptable, especially when you charge $50 for repairs.  If you don't have the people to repair the gun, then simply stop taking repairs until you can handle them and do them properly. 

For the record I have never had any problem with anything I have ordered from them and had them ship to me ie  batteries, bb's parts.

Braz
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Braz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:00 am

I'm sorry to hear that but as of today they have a new gun tech who is a good friend and team mate of mine and i can personally vouch for his work. Within the first two hours of being there today he had completed two repairs. No Crap this guy is good i hope your past experiences will not keep you from giving him a shot.

Mack
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Mack » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm

I've had nothing but great service from Airsoft Carolina. I was having an issue shimming some helicals in my SR25. I emailed them and asked if I made an appointment to come up there if they could work on it the same day, since I had a busy schedule and am out of town. They scheduled it with me. Josh (Tech) was able to diagnose the problem ( bad bearing ) in just a few minutes. I've had one other gun with troubles and again the problem was diagnosed in just a few minutes and repaired with all new parts. Josh does great work and everyone else there is great to talk to and very knowledgeable.

The only thing that I wish AC had was more selection i.e. gear, internal and external parts and of course guns. Even some different brands would be nice.

Big Jody
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Big Jody » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:21 pm

I love buying from ASC because I can get it in the next day or two. My only problem with them is a lot of their products are out of stock. Also, their selection isn't as big as other stores, and their prices are a little higher on some things.

Big Bird
I like this place!
I like this place!

Airsoft Carolina is top notch!

Post by Big Bird » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 am

So I went to Airsoft Carolina and got an ICS 4 1 A1 and those guys are top notch, for sure! They took good care of me and answered all my dumb questions, being new to airsoft and Milsim I had plenty. They even took care of a prior issue, totally professional and customer oriented, thanks AC. They have my business from now on, they told me that they have a store in the Houston area so when I get back home that is where I will go. Look forward to seeing you in my cross hairs, Ed
Big Bird [Rifleman]
SWC, Special Warfare Command
"Adapt - Evade - Overcome"

splatmaster
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Airsoft Carolina is top notch!

Post by splatmaster » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:58 am

Love those guys to death, I won't deal with anyone else unless AC doesn't have the item I need or can't get the item. They will do everything in their power to take care of you.
I'm like the internet version of that awesome uncle you always thought did drugs but could never prove.

Gabe
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Gabe » Sat May 08, 2010 4:44 am

I've been a regular customer since they opened, but there was a 6-7 month gap where I didn't drive up.  I was in BCT/AIT at the time, lol.  I've never had any problems with their service or products, and they do damn good gun work.  I've had at least 5 different AEG's with outlandish issues up there, and they hooked me up with a solid, permanent fix every time.

Gman Chris
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Gman Chris » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Gambler wrote: I want to start off by saying they have an extremely friendly staff at he store.  Having said that though I have to say that I have had very bad experiences with their work on my guns.  I have taken 3 guns to them in the last month and after I got each one back I had to either return it to them or have someone else fix it.  On one of the guns one of the wires have 3 solders on it.  IMO that wire should have been replaced rather than left as it was.  One gun I got back had a fuse that was already blown...  On one gun where my original wiring had obviously been cut and a new wiring harness soldered onto the old wiring there was electrical tape instead of heat shrink and it didn't even completely cover the wiring, so it was exposed.
Jason,

I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with our repair service. We had a new guy working on guns when you brought your weapons in. Suffice to say that he greatly exaggerated his abilities. Obviously, he no longer works for us. I agree that his performance was completely unacceptable. Again, I apologize that you weren't satisfied. I guarantee that next time (if there is one) you will be completely satisfied.

Thanks,
Chris
www.airsoftcarolina.com
(828) 676-1308

[img width=370 height=89]http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad16 ... nner01.jpg[/img]

Gman, SO. [Rifleman]
SWC, Special Warfare Command
"Adapt - Evade - Overcome"

kg4chm
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by kg4chm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Hard to believe someone would solder a bunch of wiring together like that....THEN use electrical tape rather than heat shrink. I'm surprised actually that something like that came out of that shop.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Hence, the guy doesn't work there any more. :P
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Gman Chris wrote: Jason,

I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with our repair service. We had a new guy working on guns when you brought your weapons in. Suffice to say that he greatly exaggerated his abilities. Obviously, he no longer works for us. I agree that his performance was completely unacceptable. Again, I apologize that you weren't satisfied. I guarantee that next time (if there is one) you will be completely satisfied.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,
    I'm really glad to hear that he no longer works there.  The reason I drove 6 hours(3 each way) to bring my guns to you guys was because I heard so many good things about you guys from so many people.  I would definitely give you guys another shot.