Hobby King (US Warehouse)

Leave warnings and praises for retailers here!
severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Hobby King (US Warehouse)

Post by severed » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Ordered 3 lipos from Hobby King last Wednesday, 2 Zippy and 1 Turnigy based on Steevo's reccomendation. Prices can't be beat, battery selection in the US Warehouse was great, wish they had chargers and such but hopefully they will eventually. I also like the stock level indicator so you know if what you're ordering is actually in house.

If you stay on the product page long enough it will give you a flash sale option and knock about a $1 off if you add it to your cart right then. I ordered on Wednesday and my batteries came via USPS Priority mail on Sat. Def impressed, wish they had a larger selection because I'd be ordering more from them!

On the right side of the page there is an option to choose the US Warehouse or you can just put USA in the search and it will give you the current inventory.

+1 for Hobby King
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Hobby King (US Warehouse)

Post by Felix » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 am

-1 for HobbyKing

I ordered two lipos and a charger back in February. Cost was 60$, good price for what I was getting. Shipping was going to be 2-3 weeks, which I understand coming from the HK store (about 10$ cheaper all together that US). A month later I haven't heard from them, or received my batteries. I go online to check and it tells me that I have yet to pay... When I payed the day of ordering..

Thus began my customer service relationship with HK. First I tired they're email, 24 hour, service. Which ended up postponing me another week. Then I just hopped on into the 'live chat' with a spokesperson. After 30-45 minutes of loading, this person seemed to be automated, spitting out emotionless responses. I guessed maybe it was translator, or Just all together automated. They took my order number and verified that I had paid... A month and a half after I had made the original order and paid.

Then comes the part I hated most, I asked them when it would be shipped, and the response I go was along the lines of 'your items are now on back order, please wait 30 days until they come back into stock again'. The. The chat was logged before I could yell at this person. I know when I bought these batteries and charger, that they were all in stock with 10+ at the least. Had they made my order and processed it like normal, I would have these by now. However they didn't for whatever stupid reason..

Basically, they're 24 hour live support isn't very 24 hour, or live, and they may fuck the brains out of your order so that you have to wait on the better end of 3 months to get it..
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Sounds like a partial error on your hand. I've always had to pay manually with my HobbyKing orders. This usually takes place the next day after the order is placed, but it required me to confirm the payment through my credit card each time. I wouldn't say its their fault, though it certainly isn't the most intuitive system. I didn't even notice it the first time I ordered until a week had passed with no updates. Every following order (at least 3) has been paid for by the next day.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Well ive made an order before and it went through without an issue, bought a lipo and a charger. Same credit card and everything. Didnt change anything this time, and there was that wait.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by marpat96 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Well Hobby King screwed me over, the exact same thing happened to me.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)