Airsoft store in ACE hardware (Summerville)

Leave warnings and praises for retailers here!
SquadronROE
I like this place!
I like this place!

Airsoft store in ACE hardware (Summerville)

Post by SquadronROE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 am

ACE Hardware in Summerville

So I've been slowly building up my equipment for the past 6 months or so, picking up a gun here and there from Evike or AirsoftGI (mostly via boxes of awesomeness and mystery boxes), and was continually lamenting the lack of a decent Airsoft outlet here in the low country. Personally, I don't like to drive to Columbia when it's not at gunpoint, so when my fiance told me that the ACE Hardware near where she works had a sign saying something about airsoft I got carefully excited.

Carefully excited because I thought this would just be another thing like Dick's Sporting Goods. You know, you go in and they have a section for paintball and "soft air" guns, which just means that they have a couple of automatic BB guns of unknown quality. Maybe a CO2 pistol.

So I finally got some time on a Sunday to go check out this ACE Hardware and decided to go.

I gotta say, I was more than impressed. I expected a small section of airsoft stuff with brand names I didn't recognize, and they have an entire wall dedicated to just rifles, vests, and various different weights and measures of ammo. Even some Thunder B shells, which I almost picked up out of sheer curiosity.

From what I can tell, it's mostly Echo 1 and KWA stuff. Fine by me, as those are pretty decent quality. They carry a line of sidearms and M4/G36 mags (mostly hi-caps), as well as optics.

From what I could tell, it looks like they were simply out of some of their stock, so I'm not sure what else they'll be carrying.

All in all, I like it. It's about 20 minutes from me in N. Charleston, but it's an easy drive and I'm glad to be able to support a local place.

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Airsoft store in ACE hardware (Summerville)

Post by idiot88 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 pm

He had a meet and greet a few months ago.
http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... lle#p61537

He also operates the Swamp airsoft field in Summerville.
http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... lle#p61537

There is a game there this Saturday.
http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... f=9&t=5381

TeamBadCompany
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by TeamBadCompany » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 pm

I have been up there a couple times, i got some of the thunder b's and the guy who owns it is reordering the stuff he sold out of, he had 1 of each rifle from what i saw and he would just reorder when he sold one or a couple. Its a great setup in there and from what i heard they are sowly building up the amount of airsoft stuff that they are selling.
Bad Company till the day I die...
Got shot at:
Blackwater

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:36 pm

When I was there in November, the AEG brands he had were KWA and Umarex/Elite Force.

TeamBadCompany
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by TeamBadCompany » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I believe he had Echo1 there as well but im not quite sure.
Bad Company till the day I die...
Got shot at:
Blackwater

SquadronROE
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by SquadronROE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm happy to buy rifles online and equipment/accessories locally, as I'm sure it's hard to stock a lot of guns.

Still, it'd be cool to have a "starter kit" there. Cheaper gun (G&G Combat Machine, JG G36K), vest, BBs, charger & battery, mask, all for a set price.

I know a couple of friends I'd buy that for if the price is right.