Airsoft GI

Leave warnings and praises for retailers here!
Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Airsoft GI

Post by Gambler » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 am

ASGI shipped me a replacement Drum Mag for the RPK and gave me store credit for the return of the MAG brand Drum mag. 

Also just ordered a KWA SR10 from them on Friday last week and it shipped yesterday.  It will be here Monday.  10 ay from the time I ordered it seems to be about right.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 am

Well, I got my SR10, but there are a couple of small issues I have to resolve with it.  The first is that the hop up doesn't appear to be working.  The other is that the magwell is super tight.  I am checking some other mags in it, but even the KWA hicap it came with was really hard to get in and out.  Unfortunately this beautiful gun may have to be returned for another one.  I will say that I love how this gun looks and feels.

I really have no complaints with ASGI on this order.  I'm sure they chrono'd it, but they aren't going to worry about adjusting the hop up just for a chrono.  The gun was packed very well and came in great condition...other than maybe a nub missing in the hop up.

Grrrrr, the inner barrel was bent, so the gun has to be returned.
Last edited by Gambler on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:27 pm

So I will not be buying anything else from ASGI.  When I informed them the inner barrel was bent they told me that opening the gun voided the warranty.  I guess I should have just told them the gun shot for shit and returned it to them.  I will be buying a new barrel for it, so I guess it will be a TB.  lol 

ASGI will never get another dime from me.

Jeremy314
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Jeremy314 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 pm

Opening a KWA to inspect the inner barrel/Hop up does not void the KWA warrenty. KWA has said so themselves. Get KWA to fix it for you Jason, and you'll love it.
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Esteban

Post by Esteban » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm sure if you replace the barrel and inspect the hopup, you'll be fine. Talk to KWA directly about it and explain your situation.  :)

KWA M16, KWA M4 RIS, KWA KP8 NS2, Echo 1 G3, Echo 1 P90, G&G MC-51, JG MC-51 RIS, UTG Trishot

Roger that! Tango Alpha Mango Salsa.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I have emailed KWA and explained things to them.

Esteban

Post by Esteban » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 pm

I've actually run into my first problem with ASGI. I ordered a set of magpul XT black rail guards for $18. Instead of sending me a set, they sent me one.

I called them the next day and told them about it. I told them that I expected to receive a set instead of one, and they put me on hold, and a couple minutes later they said they were sending me another rail guard.

I'm happy they didn't say "screw you, you're lying," but I'm not happy they left it out of my order. Will I stop ordering from them? Probably not.

KWA M16, KWA M4 RIS, KWA KP8 NS2, Echo 1 G3, Echo 1 P90, G&G MC-51, JG MC-51 RIS, UTG Trishot

Roger that! Tango Alpha Mango Salsa.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

KWA is taking care of the barrel problem themselves.  No thanks to ASGI.

rack0730
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by rack0730 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:40 pm

I have ordered a few things from ASGI and every time I have been happy with how fast they ship it and how polite the tech guys are. I will be using ASGI and AA for my airsoft purchases from now on because of how efficient they are. 4.5 cats out of 5
Wolfpack-  names Deuce
VFC M16
KWA M4
G&G Scar-L
WE Socom Gear M9A1
WE Desert Combat Elite 1911
Bare Hands

von_lounger
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by von_lounger » Sat May 01, 2010 8:49 pm

rack0730 wrote: ....every time I have been happy with how fast they ship it.....
fast shipping my ass! Maybe once it actually leaves their warehouse... Every time I place an order it takes several days for them to pack a few things into a box.  My most recent order is a perfect example of this.  I placed the order at about 2:30am on 4/27/10.  On the 28th my order status changed to "package processing" and it's remained like that ever since. 5 days so far to pack 3 buckings, 1 nub, a wireset, and a barrel...that's real fast.  :angry:
-Nick
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]My Armoury[/align]

stormchaser1
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by stormchaser1 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:02 pm

I placed a order on the 27th too.  Everything is package, it is just that UPS does not ship on Saturday.  On Monday, I am sure it will change.  I ordered a CYMA M14 from them and it was here in 9 days. 
Please check out my friends and my blog
http://airsofttacticsandgear.blogspot.com/

Straightshot

Post by Straightshot » Sat May 29, 2010 9:15 pm

stormchaser1 wrote: I placed a order on the 27th too.  Everything is package, it is just that UPS does not ship on Saturday.  On Monday, I am sure it will change.  I ordered a CYMA M14 from them and it was here in 9 days. 
Monday's a holiday  ;)
2 Dealers and a Joker.............Death Dealers

stormchaser1
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by stormchaser1 » Sun May 30, 2010 6:50 am

Yeah, I was working the graveyard shift when I remembered, I have lost all track of time.
Please check out my friends and my blog
http://airsofttacticsandgear.blogspot.com/

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 am

I've had fairly good experiences with Airsoft GI. I've ordered from them 3 times now. They have always shipped fast and given me what I ordered.

There is one thing to be wary of though. If you browse their site, you will have trouble finding any number of poor reviews on their products. I found through my own experience that they filter out negative reviews for the most part. I recently recieved a KWA sr12 and an OE Tech MPS vest. If you see an earlier post, I mentioned how ASGI gave me the chrono test reading saying 396 fps, which I got upset about because it was really shooting 11 fps under. So I gave the gun 4 out of 5 stars in the review, and said I took one star away because I felt ASGI didn't give the true fps of the gun, but that the gun was really a great machine. At the same time, I say nothing but good things about the OE Tech vest on its review. The vest review showed up the next day. As for the sr12 review, it still hasn't been posted 2 months later.
Same deal with a friend who ordered a G&G custom they make. He left a negative review that pointed out an issue he had with customer service and a fault with his product, which was defective. That review never showed up. The reviews we left were professional and free of slander or foul language.

I will continue to buy from ASGI as I have had no "real" issues with them, just minor little things that don't matter like this. Don't let this turn you away from them. I just wanted to warn anyone who might think a product is the complete shiz because 95% of their reviewers give it 5 stars. Look at other sites and read other reviews for the product in question, which is something you should do even if they didn't filter out bad reviews.

Edit: Oops forgot to detail my friends experience! The G&G had crap wiring issues, you know, certain parts of the gun were wanting to melt, and double firing in semi, etc. Well since ASGI "tests" everything, they refused to accept that the gun was defective on arrival, which it was, and so a long catfight over the phone ensued. It wasn't something that happened after 1000 rds or so either, we're talking straight out of the box. So the lesson learned: ASGI customs are not what they seem.

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:16 am

Airsoft GI has been good for the most part. The have some great deals for guns cheap, and it they help the younger part of the community a great deal. Remember, they're a business, they have to make money, and they'll do it any way possible. No problem really.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)