jg g-3

Head this way for reviews of electric airsoft guns.
stuckmojo
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

jg g-3

Post by stuckmojo » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:36 pm

i was really impressed with this gun.  it shoots 385fps straight out of the box with .20 bbs and i was amased at the range of this gun.  its dead on accurate at 150 feet and i have gotten one kill with it at 75 yards.  the rate of fire is pretty impressive to on full auto.  the cost was 117 on airsplat.  the high cap mag that came with it holds 500 rounds.  it also came with a bipod which i took off because the screws that holds it kept coming loose.  it came with a 9.6v 1500ham battery.  The battery has always held up for me in all games that i played except for ds iv which i believe that was because of shooting it on full auto for about 2 hours straight. it takes any of the mp5 scope mounts.  This was my first aeg when i got into this sport and for the price and performance i think the jg g3 makes a great starter gun.

[img width=160 height=135]http://s2.postimage.org/zLe7J.jpg[/img]

[img width=160 height=135]http://s2.postimage.org/zLlC9.jpg[/img]
Last edited by stuckmojo on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YES I AM A TIGER STRIPE ELITEIST

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: JG G3

Post by Arbee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm sorry for not including pictures--I've had a bit of a problem connecting the camera to the computer.   Will post them up asap, though.

First off, I bought my G3 because I wanted a rifle that was more modern-looking and would allow me to put a little more distance between myself and my targets than the AK-47 I've been using, without sacrificing the ability to fill a rifleman's position.  Based on what I have seen thus far, I would say that the G3 meets--and even exceeds--my expectations.

I bought the G3, a five-pack of mid-capacity magazines for it, and a couple of M14 ammo pouches from AirSoft GI for approximately $180.00, which isn't bad, considering.  I was very impressed with the condition of the merchandise when it arrived, so kudos to AirSoft GI for that.  This isn't, however, a retailer review, so I shall dispense with the chatter and cut to the chase:

One of the biggest pluses, of course, is that the G3 is a Heckler & Koch replica.  And if that isn't enough to impress, the body is made of a durable ABS plastic, with no wobbles or creaks, so if you need to manhandle it, it's going to be able to take it.

Another plus is the charging handle, which opens the bolt and dust cover to reveal the hop-up wheel.  It locks into place, leaving both of your hands free to adjust or manipulate the hop-up unit.  The selector switch, which has safe, semi-auto, and fully automatic settings, locks into place with a satisfying click, so you'll know when the G3 is ready to fire.  Also, it comes with a nice, solid bipod, which has just enough give to swivel or otherwise move the weapon when needed, while still supporting the front end.

When I performed the "can test" on the rifle, it proved to be firing hard enough to penetrate both sides of the can, but not enough to do more than put a dent in the bottom, which means that it should be firing close to 350 feet per second.  The rate of fire is amazingly high, and if you don't watch your fire, you'll expend your ammunition quickly.  Even on full-auto, though, the G3 stays fairly accurate, which is yet another plus.  The power source is an 8.4v large-type battery, which fits in the stock.

It comes with an aluminum high-capacity magazine, which not only has the wind-up wheel in the bottom, but can be wound with a turnkey as well.  I will be ditching it, however, in favor of the mid-capacity magazines I bought with the rifle.  Personal preference and all that.  Unfortunately, the King Arms plastic mags are a bit rough going in and out--they don't slide in as smoothly as the high-capacity magazine does, but with a little practice, that will be inconsequential.

Now, if you don't like longer guns, this is probably not the rifle for you.  At a whopping 40" long (that's a little over three feet), it can be a bit cumbersome if using it in close quarters, or where you're going to be turning a lot of corners, or moving through thick underbrush (though, it can cut through thin brush quite nicely, haha).  Also, the cheek rest that comes with the gun can mess up your aim, so unless you're planning on using a scope with the G3, I don't recommend installing it.  Found that out the hard way.

Also, getting to the battery compartment can be a bit frustrating, but all you have to do is give the butt plate a nice, firm whack to disconnect it from the stock.  Don't worry--this won't hurt the G3 in any way... in fact, it's pretty much the only way (that I have discovered, anyway) to access the battery compartment.

All-in-all, with its high rate of fire and great accuracy, as well as features like the bipod and the charging handle, the JG G3 is a wonderful weapon, and I certainly look forward to fielding mine.

Thanks for reading, will try to get pictures up as soon as possible!

Edit--Pics added two posts down!
Last edited by Arbee on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

Arbee
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: JG G3

Post by Arbee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:28 pm

And here are the pictures I promised, and thanks to my lovely assistant, Wunder, for his help in positioning the rifle!

[img width=500 height=375]http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... C00075.jpg[/img]

Above:  The G3 in full, measuring approximately 40-42", with the King Arms midcaps lined up in front of it.  The entire package cost me $180.00 after using a discount code, and I believe that it's worth every penny.

The King Arms midcaps are made of ABS plastic with a nice black finish (which, for those of you who are concerned with the aesthetic bits, matches the barrel guard almost perfectly).  As I said before, they fit in the rifle a bit loosely, but I have tested every one of them, and I am delighted to say that there are no feeding problems whatsoever.  BBs go in, BBs come out.

[img width=500 height=375]http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... C00076.jpg[/img]

Above:  A look down the barrel of the G3.  As you can see, it rests on the bipod with stability.  I am proud to say that it shows the same stability on the bipod in the field.

[img width=500 height=375]http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... C00077.jpg[/img]

Above:  The charging handle locks into place, keeping the dust cover open, for easy access to the Hop-Up wheel underneath.  The Hop-Up wheel is a bit stiff, and you'll have to give it a firm push in either direction to get it where you want it.  It's a good thing you don't have to hold the dust cover open, too!

[img width=500 height=375]http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... C00078.jpg[/img]

Above:  Here's a picture of the JG Works 8.4 volt large-type battery that came stock with the gun.  For a stock battery, it's performed impressively.

[img width=500 height=375]http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... C00079.jpg[/img]

Above:  Last but not least, I would like to show you the spaciousness of the battery compartment, which rests inside the stock of the gun.  In order to access the battery compartment, you have to strike down upon the buttplate to release it.  The instructions will not tell you this... it was a very frustrating half an hour for me, so I'm going to go ahead and save you the time here.  Strike down on the buttplate with the base of your palm.  You won't hurt it--it's meant to open that way.

Thank you for your patience, ladies and gents, and your willingness to read through my review.  I'm planning to upgrade the internals as soon as possible, but if you have any questions about its stock performance that I didn't cover here, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks!

-Adam
Last edited by Arbee on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteevoLS wrote:UN finger-wagglers such as Arbee are so intimidating they don't need no stinkin' gunpowder to take down the baddies!
[align=center]Image[/align][align=center]ONE DAY I AM HOPE TO BE BESTEST AIRSOFT JOURNALISMIST EVAR[/align][align=center]http://arbeedoesairsoft.com[/align]

GuerrillaBeatty
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: jg g-3

Post by GuerrillaBeatty » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:51 am

Heh I have a JG G3A3 myself. Very nice weapon. Requires a lot of maintenance, and certainly is no CQB, but gets the job done.

Other than the occasional jam, (one involving a field strip), I've had no real problems with it. FPS of no less than 370, and solid rpm. Glad to see you enjoy G3's as much as I do. Good choice in weapons, my friend.