453 FPS COLT M4 CQB-R Full Metal AEG Rifle w/ Fully Licensed

Head this way for reviews of electric airsoft guns.
unitedfighter
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

453 FPS COLT M4 CQB-R Full Metal AEG Rifle w/ Fully Licensed

Post by unitedfighter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Can some one tell me about this gun and wether it is a good buy and everything

Link: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/453_FPS ... -18975.htm

Description:

Our Take: The COLT Full Metal M4 CQB-R Airsoft AEG Rifle is an exciting all-new release from the boys at CYMA, with FULL COLT trademarks. This is one of the FIRST new AEGs out on the market from Cybergun that features the new Colt licensing, and it sure is a beauty. From the rugged and durable full metal build to the ultra high-quality performance-oriented gearbox, motor, and internals, this rifle SCREAMS quality & performance.

The build quality and attention to detail on this M4 CQB-R is more then enough proof as to how and why CYMA is still one of the best and largest manufacturers of Airsoft guns. COLT, as selective as they are with licensing, certainly took notice of the great job CYMA/Cybergun did to re-create this M4 CQB-R, which is why Colt has even agreed to allow CYMA to stamp this rifle with the official COLT trademark in the first place. Collectors as well as seasoned Airsoft players now have another masterpiece to add to their collections.

Performance wise, this rifle is astounding. With a full metal gearbox that boasts a high-performance gear set and a high-torque motor to support the gearbox, this rifle is able to shoot 400+ FPS smoothly and accurately. With an effective range of over 190 feet, the 'CQB' designation is mischievously misleading, as this rifle can still run with the big boys in outdoor scenarios, which generally translates to: it DOMINATES in actual CQB [close quarters battle].

A 6-point retractable/adjustable crane stock holds a nunchuck battery quite nicely, while allowing you to customize the stock position to your liking to maximize comfort. A fully integrated forward rail system replaces the hand guard to make this rifle a highly modular weapon platform that essentially allows you to customize to your heart's desire, allowing for the addition of lasers, flashlights, optics, forward grips, and even grenade launchers with relative ease.

A standard CQB adjustable metal rear sight and metal front sight allow for great aim, but we highly recommend the use of a red dot scope to further push the capabilities of this weapon since faster target acquisition ultimately means higher-performance game play.

Other Notable Features:
Removable Metal Rear Sight
CNC Machined RIS Rail System
BAX Accuracy System
6-Position Adjustable Stock for Custom Arm/Shoulder Fit
Maximum Range of 190+ feet

SPECS:
Manufacturer: CYMA with full COLT Licensed Trademarks
Velocity: 350-400 FPS with 0.20g BBs
Firing Modes: Safety/Semi-Automatic/Full-Automatic
Construction: One Piece Metal Outer Barrel and Upper and Lower Receivers. Steel Gears & Metal Gearbox
Hop-up: Adjustable
Magazine: 350 Round Full Metal Magazine (for extended play)
Battery Type: 8.4v 1000mah mini-connector nunchuck included, compatible with 8.4v/9.6v nunchuck batteries
Weight: 8.24lbs/3737g
Length: 26.7"-30" inches/680-760mm
Includes: M4 CQB-R rifle, 350 round Hi-Cap Magazine, Removable Metal Rear Sight, 8.4V 1000mAh nunchuck-style battery (with mini-connector)
JUMP UP BUCKLE UP SHUFFLE TO THE DOOR JUMP RIGHT OUT AND SHOUT MARINE CORPS HOORAH!!!!!!
OP: Second Sun
Blue Hole 7/7/12

slickridley
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: 453 FPS COLT M4 CQB-R Full Metal AEG Rifle w/ Fully Lice

Post by slickridley » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:11 pm

airsoftmegastore is over seller of their products,
I wouldn't jump on it too quickly, and anyone/thing that says cyma/cybergun is good should be questioned....
Long Live the Swamp
FULDA GAP 2012, Warsaw Pact 120th Guards Commander (win)
FULDA GAP 2013, Warsaw Pact Czech Paratrooper Commander (win)

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: 453 FPS COLT M4 CQB-R Full Metal AEG Rifle w/ Fully Lice

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Generic clone bash, go!

I've been working on (and using) chiclones for years now. 4 years ago clones were (as a rule) bad. In the past 12-18 months they've really started coming up to par with more expensive name brands. I've been running my cheap CYMA AKM (CM048) for months now on an 11.1v lipo in full-auto. It works fine, and shows no signs of stopping. Give this enough time and someone is bound to recommend a G&G Combat Machine or similar in place of this rifle.

What I see here is a flat-finish metal bodied M4 with Colt trademarks (almost certainly pot metal), a KAC style metal RIS (probably aluminum), chopped rear sight, plus a battery and charger to get you going. As far as internals are concerned, late model CYMAs have shipped with metal spring guides, metal bushings, relatively tough pistons, good compression, and strong gears. The main issue I have with CYMA rifles is a crappy hopup bucking, but that is a cheap fix.

I would buy this rifle if the price was right (which it is). When it comes to bang for your buck, you're getting a metal body, rail, crane stock, and chopped rear sight... plus laser etched trades. The most likely internal failures (piston or gears) are both very cheap to replace with the advent of high quality chinese parts from manufacturers like SHS and Element.

I haven't heard an awful lot about these rifles since they've only been out for a year or so, but I *also* haven't heard anything bad about them.
There's no kill switch on awesome!