JG RAS MP5

Head this way for reviews of electric airsoft guns.
GARRETT
I do in fact have a life.

JG RAS MP5

Post by GARRETT » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Pros:
The number one quality I noticed right away was the solid metal structure of this gun. Other than the hop up adjustment there isn't much on the exterior that is not metal. Another great feature is the very simple hop up switch. It sits right behind the cocking lever, and can be adjusted while you are engaging the enemy with your left hand. Settings on the hop up click from one level to the next. The stock 8.4 volt 1100mAh battery lasted the entire day through a guesstimated 2500 shots, and was still slinging plastic when we were done. The rear sight is fully adjustable for distance and accuracy. The FS 480 motor is pumping out between 725 to 800 rounds per min, which  is more than enough for the style that I play. A full metal sliding stock made the gun fit comfortable during game play. Oh yeah the fps is around 350 with .20s
Cons:
The only real con I see with this gun is replacing the battery. It is located inside the front grip, and takes a little time to take out. If you were to need to replace the battery during game play, you would not want to be within engagement range.If you have any questions let me know. An I will try my best to answer them.

Pictures by FightTheEnemy
[img width=770 height=577]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254 ... 091028.jpg[/img]
[img width=770 height=577]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254 ... 091033.jpg[/img]
[img width=770 height=577]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254 ... 091036.jpg[/img]

GARRETT

Re: JG RAS MP5

Post by GARRETT » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Dominum wrote: Great first review Garrett! Could we have a few more stats though? Like stock FPS (I assume it's stock?), price (I know you got it from Greg, but what is it new?), what it comes with, accuracy comparison, etc. Thanks :)
The gun was used when I bought it, but I was told it was still stock. Paid $100 cash. FPS was odd, would shoot anywhere from 340 to 380 on semi. And that was using the same chrono one shot right after the other. Accuracy was great. 5 inch groupings at about 80 ft. The gun came with two high caps, cheap sling, 9.6 1100 mah battery, and a easily removable orange flash hider. Great gun for the money...

GARRETT

Re: JG RAS MP5

Post by GARRETT » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Tzer1993 wrote:
6mmSilver wrote: I never thought a JG would look that good. The front fore grip is what I like most about it.  Good Review  :)
That's funny because the front foregrip is the most annoying part...it constantly falls off from what I remember.
The foregrip was nice, but getting it back on after recharging was a pain. Very easy to bump and come loose also.