Combat Machine M4 R.I.S

Head this way for reviews of electric airsoft guns.
Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Combat Machine M4 R.I.S

Post by Vesper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:55 pm

[img width=400 height=533]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 1610_n.jpg[/img]

1. Introduction
First off, this gun is originally manufactured by G&G, rebranded by AirsoftGI. That being said, I received this gun from AirsoftGi. Their service was kind and detailed. They sent me numerous E-mails informing me about the updated status of the package. I paid 175 dollars on this gun. If you ask me, it is one of the cheapest "decent" guns out there. The main reason why I decided to purchase this gun is because of the G4 series. If you have any interest on G4 series, you'd know that G4 series' base gun is Combat Machine M4. After I have watched the stress tests of G4A1 - dropping from 9 foot and Li-po test - I had not a second thought. The reason why I bought Combat Machine M4 instead of a G4 is because I do not like the crane stock batteries and have financial limitations - just got to U.S.
(Stress tests - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_302&products_id=5110)

2. First impression
The first impression was "wow". It wasn't "WOW", but it was definitely a satisfactory. The items were superbly and securely pakced in a decent size box. As usual, AirsoftGI did not disappoint me. Needless to mention, free UPS ground shipping is two thumbs up. Long story short, I was excited and impressed.
The look of the gun is pretty decent. The construction is plastic, but the quality is outstanding. I'm sure it will be pretty darn hard to break this stuff, but I cannot dare myself to test it out myself. Again, watch the stress test. Because of plastic construction, the overall weight of the gun is comparatively light. USMC logo is, ofcousre, always a plus.

[img width=579 height=229]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 0511_n.jpg[/img]

3. Performance
First off, the gun shoots at 335 fps(measured by AirsoftGI), making it a SCAA approved CQB weapon. Rate of fire is ~20 rps; it is a plenty of bbs flying down the range if I may say. The accuracy is certainly better than average. I got 5 inches grouping on semi auto at 60 feet distance, standing shot with no support. With this accuracy, you can certainly hit a human sized target over a hundred feet.  

[img width=604 height=453]http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 7739_n.jpg[/img]

4. Feel
The overall feel of weapon is described in a word. "Stealthy". As mentioned earlier, the gun is very light and ergonomic; however, it is front heavy because it needs to use PEQ style battery. The sound when fired is satisfying. I wouldn't say it is too quiet, but it is certainly not loud at all. Also, due to the light weight and the plastic construction, when the gun is fired, it simulates this sweet feel of blow back. It feeeeels soooo gooooooooood...... Overall, it is a very user friendly gun.

5. Modification
Internals are bone stock. I think this gun is excellent enough that I won't be doing any kind of internal modification for a while.
Externally, I have added an ACOG replica, CA double screw silencer and a G&P 9.6V 3300mAh PEQ style battery. Taking off the orange tip was not defficult at all; I just blow dried it for a few minutes, stuck a screw driver through the holes and screw it off. It is CCW. To wrap it up, I have done some custom paint job.

6. Recommandation
Really, I would use this gun for all kinds of games. It has a decent range that is required in woodlands, but its velocity is still under the SCAA CQB limit. In my opinion, this weapon would be most suitable for recon units.

7. Pros & Cons
Pros
Light weight
Excellent range
Excellent accuracy
CQB suitable
Outstanding rate of fire
USMC logo
High stock magazine capacity

Cons
Plastic construction - Although it IS high quality
Slightly wobbly LE stock
Wobbly stock magazine
Paint on barrel scratches easily
Charging handle not functional
Front heavy

8. Last words
I recommand this gun to just about anybody. It is highly upgradable. If you're an experienced technician, this gun could turn from a beasty CQB weapon to a hard biting sniper rifle with just a few modifications such as a new spring guide and a new spring. I believe the rest of the internals will be able to hold up to a M110 spring. On the other hand, if you're a complete noobie and are looking for a decent stock gun, this is it. This piece will enlighten you.

[img width=580 height=435]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 3919_n.jpg[/img]

9 out of 10

I hope this review helped y'all at least a bit.

- Vesper
Last edited by Vesper on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esteban
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Combat Machine M4 R.I.S

Post by Esteban » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Good review. I really want to see the internals of the Combat Machine.

I was thinking about getting ...

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_302&products_id=5601

...and putting an M110 in it, and stick an Eotech replica on it with a VFC.

Thanks for the review. It makes me want one.  :'(

Does it have a metal one-piece hopup?
Last edited by Esteban on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KWA M16, KWA M4 RIS, KWA KP8 NS2, Echo 1 G3, Echo 1 P90, G&G MC-51, JG MC-51 RIS, UTG Trishot

Roger that! Tango Alpha Mango Salsa.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Nope, this model comes with plastic hop-up unit manufactured by G&G; thus, performance still scores within medium to high.

I just ordered a Systema hop-up bucking to compare the results. If it goes well, I might even get the Systema full metal hop-up chamber.

MCG

Post by MCG » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:06 pm

The Systema bucking won't disappoint you. Mine made a world of difference for my M4.
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

Esteban

Post by Esteban » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah... I'm considering buying the one with the crane stock....

So I'm guessing this one takes apart by taking the two pins in the receiver out and separating the two halves?

KWA M16, KWA M4 RIS, KWA KP8 NS2, Echo 1 G3, Echo 1 P90, G&G MC-51, JG MC-51 RIS, UTG Trishot

Roger that! Tango Alpha Mango Salsa.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Yes. You pop two pins out and push the upper receiver forward about half an inch, then the gun should slide open.

WORD OF WARNING
This model is front-wired. If you are not careful, or push the upper receiver too far forward, you are going to damage the wires.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

UPDATE:
Now shooting at 300-1~2 FPS.

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:00 pm

6mmSilver wrote: Woah, big jump, what happened?
You know, after you put around a few thousand rounds down the range, the velocity naturally drops.
This is the result I got in Wellford before OP Razorback. I don't know if it was because of water inside the gun due to rain. I will need to chrono it again some day without water inside the gun. Anybody got a chronograph?  :P

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 pm

With a drop in FPS that significant, I have to ask if you forgot to discharge it on semi, but I guess water could have an affect.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Dominum wrote: With a drop in FPS that significant, I have to ask if you forgot to discharge it on semi, but I guess water could have an affect.
Nope. I have never forgotten to discharge my weapon a single time.