Discuss previous games here.
Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Recondo Team Challenge - Jan. 8th. 2012

Post by Felix » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:06 pm

I feel sorry for those two guys that came out of the fort XD

GO GO GO! OUCH!

For those of you that will never get close enough to hear it, the P* sounds like someone snapping their fingers under 12 blankets. Then muffled by a supressor.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Diesel
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Diesel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:33 am

Way to finish off a weekend. I will admit that I was a little disappointed that the booms were not louder, but that doesn't mean I didn't have a great time. As a team. Ajax learned some things that we need to work on. This was a great opportunity to see just where we are at. I was pleased with our performance.
I strongly suggest that more teams from SC try going and doing this. It will help your team amazingly.
The best part is there was no "Are you gonna call that", or "I know I hit you, call it"
I will definitely be going back to more of these style events.
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.  [Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994]

"To observe a Marine is inspirational, to be a Marine is exceptional." - Unknown

▲
▲ ▲

Veimos
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Veimos » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:04 am

Simply some of the most fun I've ever had at an airsoft event. Well worth the 10 bucks +tip.

2 "funny" moments I can remember. During the assault on the fort, I kept hearing bb's whizzing over my head. I'm thinking, SNIPER!! So I look back to see Clutches location, to let him know....it was his bb's...

The other moment was the house breach. Steevols, Diesel, and Vesper were in, I came in last and was hit from either a single shot from across the room, or a ricochet. So I sat and watched. Steevols was in a corner with a doorway in front of him, and a door behind him. I see this guy standing in the doorway behind him, scanning those of us that were hit. Steevols was constantly checking both doors, finally looked back, saw the guy, popped the guy right in the head, and slammed the door in his face....that's right...slammed the door in his face.

Can't wait to do another.

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 am

SteevoLS wrote:Oh yeah... Clutch's P* sounds like his VSR: a farting sparrow.
A "farting sparrow". What a description. <shakes head>
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 am

Thats what they get for shutting doors ;)
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

vanevery
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by vanevery » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:45 am

I was with team RAEDWULF that was with you guys all day.
We are a new team of 5 and have only been a team for 3 months.
RCT was actually our first team training so we were not exactly a well oiled machine.

Anyway,
You guys did a great job.
From the start, you guys really looked professional and worked well as a team.
The CQB at the White House was executed with precision and you guys were in and out in like a minute.
The duel entry was the right approach and having bangers only helped your cause.

The Fort:
I know there were two attempts made at this.
I was only there for the first one for my my gun went down and so did 2 other of my teammates guns. I went wide left but someone in the fort had good range and reached me with a couple of rounds.
I really thought I was at a safe distance which is why I was not behind cover at the time I got shot.
The attempts on the fort were not successful on either attempt from what I am told.

Hell Town:
We did two runs with this one. It was my suggestion on the first run that our team try to soften them up for a minute or two and then you guys insert. I moved out and began to blanket fire but I don't know where the rest of my guys were while I was doing this. We all then inserted from the same area for some reason and just got bottlenecked. We did win the task on this run, but that was mainly to your teams credit for all of Raedwulf got shot out on this run.
The second run was much better and had a much smarter approach.
It ended with Diesel and other Ajax members and myself working together to eliminate the OpFor in the barn which was successful.

Vehicle Takedown, HVT recovery
This was a cakewalk for both teams. being that the driver was not a threat as part of the script, it made the approach from the driver's side pretty simple which allowed the passenger side to be over covered.
I thought the short and simpleness of the task was a nice way to close out the day.

Extended CQB training:
At the end of the day there was an extended training session by Win and his crew to go over CQB tactics at the White House. My team was able to learn exactly what we did wrong at the start of the day there, and gain other valuable teaching as well.
A couple of things stood out while talking to former (some possibly active) military guys:
1. In real world military tactics, there would be a flash bang for every room entered. Never knew that.
2. Even the best soldiers in the world, still may only have a 50/50 chance of living through a real world CQB situation like that. Interesting.

Well it was good to run with you guys and hope we can run together in the future.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Vanevery, you guys did really well for a new team and not to mention being limited on numbers for 1/2 the day.

The house was a death trap without frags and prior experience.

Otherwise you guys held your own, have a great attitude and a good future. It was a pleasure rolling with you!
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Romba wrote:That sounds like it was great. I'm sure there was an age limit though. :'(
These events are usually invite only for vets of the real mil events in NC. Having gotten invited to participate in Real Mils is how we knew about this event. This event was for teams of at least 6. If they have another one and any SC team is interested it might be possible to get you a slot, but the thing is we are putting out asses on the line vouching for anyone, so we aren't going to do it for just anyone, because if we vouch for anyone and they break the rules not only are you banned from future events, so are we.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Veimos wrote:Steevols was constantly checking both doors, finally looked back, saw the guy, popped the guy right in the head, and slammed the door in his face....that's right...slammed the door in his face.
LOL, forgot about that chain of events. All I saw was a full facemask, and you can bring a M733 to bear very quickly. I reflexively slammed the door closed before I actually started shooting at him. :P
There's no kill switch on awesome!

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Win actually accepted "normal" players for OPFOR positions and never said anything about them being 18. I'm sure Miss Handcuffs wasn't 18, and I know the guys with the plaid shirts and pistols were probably under 18.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Gambler wrote:
Romba wrote:That sounds like it was great. I'm sure there was an age limit though. :'(
These events are usually invite only for vets of the real mil events in NC. Having gotten invited to participate in Real Mils is how we knew about this event. This event was for teams of at least 6. If they have another one and any SC team is interested it might be possible to get you a slot, but the thing is we are putting out asses on the line vouching for anyone, so we aren't going to do it for just anyone, because if we vouch for anyone and they break the rules not only are you banned from future events, so are we.

truth!

This was my first Recondo/Win event. It's not about age, it's about maturity and professionalism. None of the "you didn't call your hit" crap, you don't have to worry about those people doing that. It's still fun but def a much more serious fun, not for everyone. And as Gambler said, not just anyone can show up and the Vet's aren't going to vouch for just anyone, as it's their ass on the line if the person they invite goes stupid.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Gambler wrote:
I completely understand. Just wondering, because we could really use some more training, and it sounded like it was great.

Clutch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Clutch » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 pm

SteevoLS wrote:Win actually accepted "normal" players for OPFOR positions and never said anything about them being 18. I'm sure Miss Handcuffs wasn't 18, and I know the guys with the plaid shirts and pistols were probably under 18.
She was 23 actually.
AJAX Recon - OP: Domino - OP: The Assassination of a World Leader - OP: White Noise II - OP: 24 II -Villagers Revenge - OP: Strategies of War - OP: Phantom Hawk - OP: Attrition - OP: The Delimitation Conflict - OP: Elmer Fudd:The Wabbit Hunt - Op: Guardian - OP: Crisis In Dunundistan II - OP: Blackwater 2 - Fulda Gap 2011 - Turkey Hunt 2011 - SvG 2011 - Recondo Team Challenge

specter

Post by specter » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 pm

i seriously hope there are some videos.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face