Discuss previous games here.
jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

O.P. Blackout @ Battlezone

Post by jsts ghost » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 pm

AAR for O.P. Blackout
September 8th, 2012

This event had many issue that cause few upset/unhappy players. Thunderstorms did cause delays in restarted the game play, however the safety of the players was in the minds of the Game Director and ref staff. Location of campsites, time lengths of breaks and delays, and the slow-to-ready of the players was the other main issue of lack of play time.

Many complain of the quaintly of play, but no one complained of the quality of play. The events main missions was simple recovery type missions. That was better than just having attack and hold locations. But having the domination points as side missions made many players have to hunt, claim, then move on to a new point.

At many of the GA event, safety is always top notch. This time I was less impressed with the amount of eyepro off with players in starting bases. Most time the refs are there to enforce safety rules, but the ones at this event had other thoughts on their mind. The other eyepro issue was during the begin at the paintball town, the Director and ref on the transport when down and back with no eyepro on. That causes me and 2 other season players to hold our breaths.

The event would have been much better if the issues in my Need Improvement section are thought and address for future events.

Overall, I had a great time. I got to play along side many that we have enjoyed shooting with and against. The game was simple but very well played.

Good:
1: Players
They had been a great selection of new and seasoned players. Only one time did I have to get on to a player for trying to call someone else’s hit.
Many did not have any issues with safety. They did a great job in making this game fun to play.
2: Event/mission
The event had been setup in a simple but entertaining way that made it more enjoyable for every one.
3: Location/field
The Battlezone field is a dynamic terrain for many future events.

Need Improvements:
1: Refs
The refs need to have unified understanding of the rules. Few of the refs were there to just set up in a spot and not move. Most of them did a great job of information deliver and clarification.
Also the two refs, in the question for eyepro, must lead by example. No excuses on that.
2: Start times, reload, and break times
This is the need to help in start time and restart breaks. With the amount of refs, you could have had one come down and do a count down at the lower campsite. It is easy to have the upper site stage up, when refs are up there. There were plenty of places that had canopies for shelter down at the river campsite.
3: Safety
Down at the river campsite, we had no issue with safety until we arrived at the tan HQ. At that time, we had to remind many of eyepro off with mags in, is not a good match. The refs need to enforce the rules more so. I had a player, during the afternoon match that I found to wear just normal Rx glasses. I told him to find a set of eyepro or he could not play. Thankfully, another player had a spare set on him. But that is something that must be monitored by the ref, on location…

I had a great time. I wish, like many, that the weather did stay good for us, but that is the way of the world.
This was a good event that just had the weather as a thorn in the side.

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: O.P. Blackout @ Battlezone

Post by marpat96 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Wow..............what a game!

I had great fun, talking to some great people and meeting others, such as urbansix and his son too. Poop, I almost walked into a hornet's nest at the end of the day game there, didn't know every DMR in GA was guarding yall's CO

Glad everyone came out, had a great time.

Good:
Play time that did happen.
Metting everyone.
Camping Friday night.
Won a pistol (1911).
Went ape with my L96 on tan base

Bad:
Game next time needs to get going when everyone is waiting around.
Rain (nobody can do anything about that).
The awesome battle in the drizzle at the city.
Recruited many people for Fulda
The butthurt of who won the actual game, tan or green, needs to stop. You play to have fun .
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)