SQA Skirmish - 4/6/13

Discuss previous games here.
Jeremy314
I do in fact have a life.

SQA Skirmish - 4/6/13

Post by Jeremy314 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 am

Anyone alive after the skirmish yesterday?

Everything was awesome, the whole event ran smoothly, started on time, and was so very fun.

I shot Felix, just like I told him I would... so I'm a happy camper.

Good job, Felix! And Awesome game everyone that attended! Thank you Baldeagle for being so awesome, even though I completely missed out on shooting you :(
[align=center]Image
VFC KAC PDW * WE PDW * KWA MP7A1 * KWA G36c * G&G CM M4 custom
2013 OPs: Mission: Double Cross Vet * SQA Skirmish 4/6/13 Vet
2014 OPs: OP: Iron Marches Vet
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: SQA Skirmish - 4/6/13

Post by Star_folder » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 am

Heh, I shot Felix in the hand. And I had some awesome firefights with Skywalker and C Taylor. Along with everyone else who attended.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 am

[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Alot of fun nice and simple. Whole day went smooth and met alot of great people. Big thanks to the excuse and Felix for such an excellent day.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Went great, lot better than ever expected. I have so many welts thanks to Robbie..

Either way, the first two games we had we played the Valley in the middle and the Radio Tower. We want to know what you guys who went thought about those two areas.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

I died at radio tower... literally.. that last push up that hill... I was done for the day after that. But it was sooo much fun, sorta wish I had my PDW at that moment, but the ACR did it's job dry firing 90% of the time going up that hill :)

it was just confusing at the end, because we couldn't figure out where Radio tower was, but other than that, I think it was a great game. The first game of the day, was good too, except poor Ty was left to do nothing for 2 hours because Alpha didn't quite understand the mission, but they made up for that with radio tower
[align=center]Image
_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 pm

The first part of the day I was at bravos base waiting for alpha to.come get bishop. Which never happened. The terrain in that area I believe promotes excellent game play 2 entrances to the base and enough room in the surrounding woods to move and take clear shots yet provides good cover. Not to mention its a big hill giving the defending team an advantage. The skirmish at the crossroads was fun. Good terrain with multiple entrances. The small hill gives good cover and the tree lines make it easier to take cover and are engage. The last part where we were taking the radio tower was tough. It is surrounded by thick brush and the more open side gives a clear advantage to the defenders due to the high ground with clear line of sight. Its tough but not impossible it offers a fun challenge. I would like to.see some action at the base that held bishop at the beginning and more at the cross roads. Trenches are always a blast.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Wish someone had gotten that last second push into the radio tower on tape... nothing like that rush of a very last second win!

The fight at the cross roads at the end of the 1st game was intense. Skywalker, Frost, Titan, and myself engaged what felt like the whole Alpha team until we got some reinforcements. So much fun using the PDW and out-ranging a lot of the other players. It kept heads down and I got a good number of kills with it.
[align=center]Image

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 am

All in All, Had a fantastic day out with a bunch of cool people. WALL OF TEXT IN BOUND ON THIS POSITION!

Started out, My buddy and I came in late, and the minute I got out of my SUV, Felix came over to tell me I was going to be a hostage objective.

That was probably the most serene, peaceful, quiet experience I have ever had during a game of airsoft. For the first 30 minutes of the game, Bravo left me completely unguarded at my re-spawn/waiting point. After that, Star_Folder, being the good best friend he is, came up to chat and hang out. After that, Raptor's came up to hang out as well. After awhile(1:15 into the game), bored with the lack of shooting, and seeing that the SQA Photographer(My Dad) had shown up, Star_Folder and about half of Raptors decided to go out into the field to get some action. 3 of Team Raptors top guys decided to stay and guard me. We had a brief firefight with several trees, who unsuccessfully snuck up on us. But it was quiet. FOR TWO HOURS. So yea, Note to self, Alpha is not who you want to rely on to rescue you :)

Second game we had to attack Radar Station. After retrieving my wonderful DMR(Being a hostage for the first game, I chose my nice light SCAR) I went to the Rocky Top re-spawn with Gambler, Hatch, and Watchman. we then split up, I planned on going the long way around, and then coming up behind the base. After moving "stealthily" through the woods in my tactical blue jeans, I got popped in the shoulder from CTaylor. I didn't even see him, so I figured I wouldn't give away his position by yelling hit, so I just put my dead-rag on and waited for my bleed-out. After that Star_folder had come to rocky top, so He and I met up with Jeremy and Butnugget and proceeded to go hunt alpha. We had a few firefights with CTaylor and Skywalker, which was a lot of fun. We all heard felix yell that we had just a few minutes left, so we went to rush Radar Station to win the game. I had 3 rounds left in my sidearm, so naturally the best possible decision was to run full tilt towards the base screaming at the top of my lungs. I got up, shooting, dry-firing and screaming safety kill, only to be lit up at about 5 feet from an alpha player. He unfortunately was firing at a rather... sensitive spot for Males of the Human Species, and that was the end of my suicide run, and up came jeremy for his attempt. With many Laughs in response to our pain, I think Felix gave us the win for that one.

After that came the awaited Trenches battles. Star_Folder, Watchman and Myself all arrived a bit late, so we went to our respawn to get into the game. We got into some pretty nice firing positions behind a berm of some cutdown trees, and just popped heads. I think I got to around 15 or so people calling hits in the various trenches, which was great from my end. After awhile I noticed Felix walking rather nonchalantly towards our base, and figuring he was up to some shenanigans of some sort, I shot him. He was indeed up to some shenanigans, and did not appreciate my rather vociferous rejection of his unwanted advances. AFter that, the three members of Gold Team decided to move up to hit some more targets, not realizing we were supposed to defend our base. While we were off playing explorers of the amazon in the woods, Alpha managed to roll up on bravo's base and take it.

The second battle at trenches was just a side reversal, and led to a bunch of fun, culminating in a pistol rush on a trench that had Haze and his friend in it. I proceeded to empty my mag of my pistol into the trench, and got one of them, but somehow missed the other completely, as he was shooting and missing me with his pistol. After some insistence on safety kills( which we both refused on the count of each of us being out of ammo/working guns) we decided to settle our fates with the ultimate decider. 2/3 Rock Paper Scissors. I got lucky and triumphed in this epic skirmish, and celebrating my hard won victory, was promptly shot by another alpha player. I guess that victory was rather short lived. After that, more DMR Shenanigans were had, with much celebrating of 300 foot shots and etc until Gerbilizer managed to win the game.

The only negative thing I found was that people seem to be very confused about range issues. I understand that we have a lot of new players, so it needs explaining, but just because you see your bb's soaring out towards someone does not mean they hit them. I had several people complain that I wasn't calling my hits, simply because they had a gun pointed at me, when I was over 200ft away from them, watching the bbs hit the ground. Just because you are having to dodge bbs from another person does not mean they are in your effective range. DMR users tend to have a nice 100ft or more cushion over most guns in terms of effective range, so try not to assume we aren't calling our hits as the first thing you say.

Other than that one tiny thing, I had a great time.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Murphy
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Murphy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 am

I wish I wasn't sick and had made the trip down for this game. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
The only negative thing I found was that people seem to be very confused about range issues. I understand that we have a lot of new players, so it needs explaining, but just because you see your bb's soaring out towards someone does not mean they hit them. I had several people complain that I wasn't calling my hits, simply because they had a gun pointed at me, when I was over 200ft away from them, watching the bbs hit the ground. Just because you are having to dodge bbs from another person does not mean they are in your effective range. DMR users tend to have a nice 100ft or more cushion over most guns in terms of effective range, so try not to assume we aren't calling our hits as the first thing you say.
As someone who uses a 0med gun most of the time (which gets about 150-175ft of range) I know this all to well. If I see bb's landing around me from 200 feet it's time to start moving in. I'd love to see some people start to play like this instead of just dumping a chunk of change into their guns to facilitate laziness *cough star and bishop*. (Anyone who knows me and how lazy I am knows how big of a joke this is).

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 am

It was a little distressing at the level of "newb" on alpha for this game. I switched sides after lunch, to try and balance things out. While approaching my respawn on the hill, with my dead rag held toward them, I started getting shot at. BBs were obviously lobbed to get to me, but I couldn't believe they didn't see the rag, and for that matter, that they thought their enemy would be dumb enough to casually walk up the road toward the base.

I'm also sick of people's spidey senses tingling when they haven't seen me for a while... they just assume I'm about to show up behind them and wipe them out. And then shoot me. In the nose.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:04 am

Skywalker wrote: that they thought their enemy would be dumb enough to casually walk up the road toward the base.
Yeah, except, this happens more often than not. I believe Bishop commented earlier on Felix trying to do the exact same thing.
Skywalker wrote:I'm also sick of people's spidey senses tingling when they haven't seen me for a while... they just assume I'm about to show up behind them and wipe them out. And then shoot me. In the nose.
One of my prouder airsoft moments.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 am

Star_folder wrote:
Skywalker wrote: that they thought their enemy would be dumb enough to casually walk up the road toward the base.
Yeah, except, this happens more often than not. I believe Bishop commented earlier on Felix trying to do the exact same thing.
True, but I was holding a dead rag. Also, I pointed out that if you constantly yell every time you see an enemy, you are just alerting them that they should move somewhere else. There were several kills I missed out on when I was dug in, waiting for the shot to line up, and just a few feet before someone became my next victim, my teammates on alpha clearly warned him that he was within eyesight.

Luckily, around this time, I was the only one to see (thebutt)Nugget and give him an earful of plastic from the gun he helped me build :D

For comments on the field, that area by the radar station is quite dense. Easy for me to complain about as a sniper, but I fear that once undergrowth starts coming back over the next month or so, it will be nearly un-playable for anyone. I much prefer the central open area where Felix was held in the morning, the trenches, and that other opening in the pines. Thick underbrush is just simply my worst enemy.

Jeremy314

Post by Jeremy314 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am

I have to agree on the range thing, but also the fact that some BB weights do not punch through the brush as well as others. I was using .3s all day long in the PDW (363mm inner and 300 FPS with .25s) and ACR (407mm inner and 385FPS with .25s) and I was punching through the brush better than some people with longer barreled/higher FPS guns, but lighter weight BBs.

It's not that people are cheating and not calling their hits when engaging in brush, it's the fact your BBs just aren't cutting through it like others are, and you get upset when you get hit by the opponent. And I'm using 'You" as a general term, not calling out anyone at all, just commenting on what I saw and heard during the game.

Oh one thing I forgot to add to my earlier posts, Props to the Alpha player that picked up my dead rag and returned it to me after it fell off while being medic dragged. While the action was very sportsmanlike, the comments were not and could have been left out, but I still applaud you for the act of sportsmanship you showed and respect the action over the words.
[align=center]Image

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

Yea, I mean,it just takes awhile for new players to realize, its one of the few negatives about airsoft. When your first starting, you think your gun shoots like a real one, but after awhile you get used to things, and then start thinking of thick brush as effective cover as opposed to concealment.

I still remember a bush at the old trenches, I used to always hide behind and use as cover. Up until more people started using DMR's and high ROF, it was great, and I got spoiled by that. Learning those things is something that just needs to take time.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102