Rattlesnake ridge

Discuss previous games here.
thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Rattlesnake ridge

Post by thebutnugget » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm guessing the rain scared most of the people that planned on playing, well it didn't, very much. I couldn't wear my glasses at this game for disclosed reasons so I just followed gerblizer around and watched him slay newblets, I shot a whole mag at idiot88, that was fun. We then had to leave so that way Bravo could have some chance at winning. All in all good day
[align=center]V[/align]

Sam
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Copperhead ridge

Post by Sam » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:31 pm

thebutnugget wrote:I'm guessing the rain scared most of the people that planned on playing, well it didn't, very much. I couldn't wear my glasses at this game for disclosed reasons so I just followed gerblizer around and watched him slay newblets, I shot a whole mag at idiot88, that was fun. We then had to leave so that way Bravo could have some chance at winning. All in all good day
I had to leave at lunch due an appointment but I agree we (Bravo) got killed pretty bad but was still a great game despite weather and SEVERE fogging issues.
Vet of:
OP Double Cross- SQA 3/16/2013
Skirmishes @ SQA- 6/29/2013
OP Ridge Runner- RR 8/17/2013

Sam
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Sam » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Forgive me but if Matt that was playing Bravo today could me send me PM? I forgot your callsign. Sorry. :/
Vet of:

C Taylor
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by C Taylor » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm

That was probably Matt from USC Airsoft. He ran a kwa s system. Everyone calls him infidel but his call sign on here is Mives

Sam
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Sam » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:56 pm

C Taylor wrote:That was probably Matt from USC Airsoft. He ran a kwa s system. Everyone calls him infidel but his call sign on here is Mives
Yup thats him. Thanks
Vet of:

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Post by idiot88 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:03 pm

thebutnugget wrote: I shot a whole mag at idiot88, that was fun.
Between you, Dom, and IamHoss, I could not seem to get a break from those daggone P-stars whenever I tried going north of the pit.

It was a good airsofting day. The weather was cool for August. I had fun and really like the terrain and cover at this field.
Last edited by idiot88 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

south-base-spartan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by south-base-spartan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Man, this was a good one.

It has been about 5 years (Told dom it was 3 at the game, that was my bad, I played it with the SCAA, back when Robin was hosting) since I played on Rattlesnake (Copperhead?) Ridge, so it was nice to have a little nostalgia to cushion the pellet impacts. This field has a really interesting dynamic, it isn't so much about actual cover as concealment. I got more kills than I ever have in a single game, and most of them were from hiding behind some leafy piece of whatever and lighting some guy up, and the series of medics that would follow as well.

It must have been a pain for Alpha to distinguish between friendlies, being that there was about the same amount of green on either side.

Hope the pictures are up soon, I was the ACU guy with the G36.
Tactical nothing, nothing is tactical.

thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by thebutnugget » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:13 pm

idiot88 wrote:
thebutnugget wrote: I shot a whole mag at idiot88, that was fun.
Between you, Dom, and IamHoss, I could not seem to get a break from those daggone P-stars whenever I tried going north of the pit.

I don't have a polarstar, gerb, hoss, and Dom do lolz
[align=center]V[/align]

Gerbilizer
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Gerbilizer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I raped, end of story.
Polarstar refills here- http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... =58&t=6879
Romba wrote:I just want to shoot everyone. :P
[align=center]V[/align]

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:26 am

I operated too fast for some people to comprehend, and my bolt action did great, as usual, and I enjoyed my time sneaking around the woods, and having Alpha's number on them when they pursued me.

Note: If I can hear you say way back in the woods, "We're going to send two guys up this way and one around the tree pile to flank him," you're probably too loud. If you are going to stalk someone, watch your step, don't make any noise whatsoever. This is how I got a third of my kills, I would hear someone stomping up, wait, shoot them, move on.

I had a ton of fun, can't wait till next time.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Davis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Rattlesnake ridge

Post by Davis » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Alpha here. We had a blast playing with you guys this weekend. I feel like we were keeping things pretty tight and communicated well. It's not about having a good gun, more people, or getting a lot of kills. It's about teamwork, communication, and organization.

thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by thebutnugget » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Davis wrote:Alpha here. We had a blast playing with you guys this weekend. I feel like we were keeping things pretty tight and communicated well. It's not about having a good gun, more people, or getting a lot of kills. It's about teamwork, communication, and organization.

It's only about having the best gun an lot of kills.. How else would I pwn newbs?
[align=center]V[/align]

Davis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Davis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 am

Dom did do a number to my face. Haha. It took a full day for the swelling to go down, but I'm still left with two bloody marks on my cheek and forehead.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah, Achilles should thank you for taking those for him ;).

I had a great time, even though Felix (and probably other Ajax), and Gold Team were too afraid to get their panties wet and it knocked down attendance to 36. It misted (not even drizzled) a bit in the morning, then it started to drizzle at lunch and stopped completely almost immediately. My socks got a little damp from the water on the leaves, but other than that I was pretty much dry all day. It was the most comfortable temperature all summer, very pleasant weather. The first scenario I did OK, not super since I was over hopping .43gs, but I managed to get on the top side of the pit and shoot most of the Bravo guys behind the main ravine-top bunker in the back, run into the pit and touch the suitcase, run to clear the ravine with my pistols and a frag, then run back and hold it until we won. I took more time to sight it in after than game and did much better there on out, I couldn't see the BBs but they were shooting pretty much where I aimed. Punching through lots of brush at long ranges was nice. We swept flanks clear, and I got a nice pistol kill on Idiot88 that made up for a very smooth kill he got on me a few months back at the Swamp. The day involved many great firefights and some intense engagements, especially when we very nearly got the balloon case into the enemy respawn.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:08 pm

AJAX never was going to come, they had other things set out of state that day. I myself had to back out due to other circumstances. I do apologize for that.
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]