Redfox Aug. 31, 2013

Discuss previous games here.
captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Redfox Aug. 31, 2013

Post by captainkirk05 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:30 pm

The turnout today was great. I think we had around 60 players come out. Games were power struggles to take ground, none of that sneaking around stuff you get with fewer players or larger fields. The game types were entertaining, though somewhat suicidal for attackers at Mile High. I have my battle scars from charging building #1. It was a challenge hoping to take even one of the buildings. Many brave Alpha's fell in the push, but once our feet were planted in building #2 it was all over for Bravo. I want to commend all the players today for being good sports. The past few games I have been to were plagued by one team unsportingly trapping the other team in their spawn point, but today I was happy to see no one taking this route. Most everyone focused on objectives and kept the fight in and around them. Sadly the weather made the day end short. I am starting to believe Redfox is cursed to have rain at every AOSC event, there hasn't been a completely dry day at a game there this year.

Pros: fun games, good turnout, no spawn trapping

Cons: Hottest day I've played this year (challenge accepted), people shooting others after the game ends (not cool at all, ouch), players not calling obvious hits (if 5 "ricochets" hit you in the same 4 inch area of you body in 1 second, they are NOT ricochets), players who are immune to friendly fire (makes it embarrassingly awkward when you realize it's really the other team shooting you), super late start (no problem for me though, it gave me time to eat breakfast)
Last edited by captainkirk05 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achilles1
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Redfox Aug. 31, 2012

Post by Achilles1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 pm

I shot people with a spring powered pistol
THE GREATEST WARRIOR WHO EVER LIVED!!!!
Getting friendly fired since 2011
CO of team Dumbass

rpdstars
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

looking for someone

Post by rpdstars » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:07 am

hey do any of you all know a guy whose call sign is preacher?

he let me borrow his drop leg holster and i wanted to know if i could mail it to him or if i was borrowing it for while?

i just wanna be in the right, i dont want him to think i borrowed his holster and just held on to it

so if any of you know preacher or if you yourself see this, reply back i'll check it for the next few days

that was a pretty fun game :]

idiot88
I do in fact have a life.

Re: looking for someone

Post by idiot88 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 am

rpdstars wrote:hey do any of you all know a guy whose call sign is preacher?...]
Maybe it is this guy - http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/php ... ile&u=3792

specter

Post by specter » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:46 pm

The wires in my main gun melted, then the fuse in my backup blew, and I lost the buttplate for my M4. I got maybe 10 mins of gameplay before all this happened and I pretty much threw that 20 bucks away as well as 8 gallons of gas. It was also incredibly hot and will most likely never play here in the summer again.

On a good note, I picked up a free radio (that I thought could take batteries but nope) as well as a underbarrel launcher.

3/10 could have been better
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

rpdstars
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by rpdstars » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm

thanks guys for tracking preacher down for me, still waiting for his reply

again it was a great game :]

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 pm

specter wrote:The wires in my main gun melted, then the fuse in my backup blew, and I lost the buttplate for my M4. I got maybe 10 mins of gameplay before all this happened and I pretty much threw that 20 bucks away as well as 8 gallons of gas.
That is why NEVER go to a game without a backup gun. When I go to Fulda, I bring two backups.

specter

Post by specter » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:56 pm

idiot88 wrote:
specter wrote:The wires in my main gun melted, then the fuse in my backup blew, and I lost the buttplate for my M4. I got maybe 10 mins of gameplay before all this happened and I pretty much threw that 20 bucks away as well as 8 gallons of gas.
That is why NEVER go to a game without a backup gun. When I go to Fulda, I bring two backups.
The fuse was a simple fix. The wires that were connected to my battery were the ones that melted, rather than the other more important ones. anyway, when I go to fulxa I will have a backup to my backups backup as well as a backup secondary.

Ghost141
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Ghost141 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey Spector Dom found your butt plate man
Operation Detachment Alpha - 3871[

Vet of
Red Fox 03/02/2013
SQA: Mission: DOUBLE CROSS 03/16/2013
Blackwater 04/06/2013
TDC2: SC vs GA 04/27/2013- 04/28/2013
Op: Comet Drop 07/18/2013

specter

Post by specter » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Ghost141 wrote:Hey Spector Dom found your butt plate man
My day just got a little better. I'll message him.

Achilles1
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Achilles1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:02 am

I found a free pistol mag that just happens to fit my gun
THE GREATEST WARRIOR WHO EVER LIVED!!!!
Getting friendly fired since 2011
CO of team Dumbass

rpdstars
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by rpdstars » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:08 am

awesome :] i was able to grab some radios so now i can have comms in the next games :]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Specter, someone turned in what I think is your buttplate, I have it in lost and found for you. I also have a couple other things from the game, if you lost something, let me know.

I don't normally like to do pros and cons lists, but everything I have to say clearly falls into one of those categories, so I will this time.

Pros:
-Great turnout, even with a lot of people missing RF for SF we still had a total of 74 players. This entire summer has seen a consistently high turnout, definitely the highest average summer player numbers we've ever had in SC. (Note that 31 people voted in the poll, and 74 showed up; this is further proof of the "poll votes are less than half of total attendance" rule.)
-Vaughn gave us permission to use pyro at this particular game, and has given us permission for future games to play pretty much as late as we want to.
-Great gameplay, it never got stagnant or slow and the entire day was full of action for me and everyone I saw.
-Overall good sportsmanship, there was the incident mentioned where someone got shot from behind a few times and kept saying "stop shooting me, I'm Bravo!" instead of calling it. Even if it had been a Bravo player mis-identifying you, you still are hit. Otherwise I didn't see or hear of very many problems at all, even with any new(ish) players.
-Good number/experience balance between factions meant challenging play for both sides all day.

Cons:
-Late start. This was my fault, I did not anticipate the high turnout and had one chrono line that caused a time sucking bottleneck. In the future I will arrange to have two chrono lines and I think it'd behoove us to start doing that at as many games as we can. I got permission from Vaughn to play late to make it up to everyone, but you all know what happened with that.
-It was hot. Fortunately lots of players kept reminding other players to keep drinking even if they weren't thirsty, and we had very few drop out due to the heat.
-At about 4PM or so, when we were transitioning from Mile High to Valley of Doom, a huge thunderstorm rolled in with tornado warnings (or so I heard). Everyone started heading for the parking lot to get their stuff out of the water, but when a few people started looking at the weather reports, it turned into a mass exodus. I was hoping it would blow over, but after about 20 minutes there were only 7 people left and it was still pouring, so I figured it was time to call it a day (albeit a short one).
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

crossfire876
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by crossfire876 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Am I the only one that noticed 2012 is in the title? Derp.
[align=center]CROSSFIRE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL SVI Airsoft

24 For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."[/align]

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:20 am

Your point Crossfire? Most people don't really NOTICE correct dates.