TriggerTyme Skirmishes August 19th, 2014

Discuss previous games here.
D.Smitty
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

TriggerTyme Skirmishes August 19th, 2014

Post by D.Smitty » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Had a good time playing airsoft for the first time in a while. Turnout was low, but it was good to see newer players coming to the game. Summer is always smaller games around here, anyway.

Pros -
Short games to match player base (no point playing 4-hour scenarios with 30 people).
Good terrain
Fair play by players: no significant issues that I saw

Cons -
Scary structures that are in dire need of work - one tower in the village is about to cave in on itself and one bridge to "the island" is now only 2 steel I-beams, as the plywood has rotted away and dissolved

ERRTING R COVRD EN AL DE PNT!!!

Low turnout made balance an issue - there were at least 12 (nearly half the players)who had obviously not played a lot of airsoft. That's not a con, but I felt that this was not the best game to be your "first" airsoft game, as the vet players clearly dominated the field with superior guns, coordination, and tactics. Case in point: Bravo respawn was camped multiple times (not on purpose) and the newer players just didn't know what to do.

Sadly, I never had a good opportunity to set up a good grenade ambush...
We all started doing what we love somewhere...

Atreides
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: TriggerTyme Skirmishes August 19th, 2014

Post by Atreides » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 am

I remember since the last game at TT the field was in dire need of some repairs for safety sake but I guess that is something we will have to watch out for in the future. I really hope we can work out any past issues and keep it on as an option for future games. As for balancing I think its typically not much of an issue but is kinda exacerbated with lower numbers of players total. I guess there really isn't much Admins can do cause of camo/teams.

3 of my friends and I were there on Bravo and we had a pretty good time. Yea it is tough when your team is getting hammered but we had been to about a dozen other AOSC games so we didn't let that color our experience. I was having gun issues so didn't get to play much but my friends enjoyed themselves. We actually ended up having to leave early because one of my buddies was feeling really sick and another had work in a couple of hours.

There was also some downtime due to some issues I guess the field owner had with waivers or something, but that seemed to be resolved.

PROS: Fun to play at a field so close to Columbia with structures, Everyone was very nice as always, got to see a baller MG42 in action :)

CONS: Said structures were unsafe, very humid/foggy day for goggles, strange aggression from field owner

Hotspur93
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: TriggerTyme Skirmishes August 19th, 2014

Post by Hotspur93 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Sorry to say "strange aggression" isn't accurate. The field owner has been a hot head which is unfortunate because the field is so fun, it is also unfortunate that he is unable or does not desire to give the structures and field the much needed TLC it needs.
Veteran of:
OP: Second Sun OP: Iron Marches
OP: Phantom Hawk
OP: Phantom Hawk II
OP: Blackwater
TDC
SGC
OP: Vietnam Patrol
OP: Decisive Force