OP: Vietnam Patrol II

Discuss previous games here.
ibeezthecapn
I do in fact have a life.

OP: Vietnam Patrol II

Post by ibeezthecapn » Tue May 26, 2015 7:09 am

I had fun. Apparently so did everyone else. Met a lot of folks, speedrocked a few objectives (honey buns rock, and screw tweddle. i hate that guy.) And had a very tense moment at the negotiations at the end. Also, nva guys, yeah I saw your mags in. Did you see our saw and pig gunners had theirs? Yall almost had a bad day lol. Came back filthy and blistered but honored our fallen. Sound off people.
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

specter

Re: OP: Vietnam Patrol II

Post by specter » Tue May 26, 2015 8:16 am

I didn't make it but I heard my AT launchers did some serious work.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Doublewolf

Post by Doublewolf » Tue May 26, 2015 8:30 am

Thank you Henry, the Escues and, of course, the NVA players for a great game. I would definitely be inclined to play at another one of these events, especially a modern one. Nothing against Vietnam; I just look a bit out of place with my 21st century gear. Haha

Here are the top three quotes from this weekend (in no particular order):

At 2300 hours: "Petrillo, want a Mountain Dew?"
"No thanks."
"Are you sure? I just had one. It helps you fall asleep."

"I found the ammo supply drop! Oh, wait. It's a pine cone."

"Command, this is intel. I see clouds in the sky. A lot of people are getting bored *inaudible* and whipped them out *inaudible* and started jacking."

Maybe I'll see you guys again in the Spring, but as Chip said, that's before the mandatory eighteen month rest period expires. Haha

neonman1427
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by neonman1427 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 am

Huge shout out to the NVA command staff and the field owners for such a great experience. After a hot shower and a good night's sleep, I can easily say this was the best airsoft game I have ever been to.

NVA squad 1 was totally legendary for (mostly) staying together the entire game and staying strong after a few squad position shuffles. You guys are the bomb.

Kudos to Sam for knocking out that enemy tank several times, we couldn't have survived without you on the third day.

Black Mamba was sweet! Thanks for coming out guys, hope to see you soon in typical well-oiled machine fashion.

All-in-all, great game guys, especially the US. You all made some good opponents. My only regret is not getting a better sling to haul around that RPK all weekend, my shoulders are still stiff!
RPK Gunner from OP Vietnam Patrol II/III

Russian-softer

Greycell-ian

VP for Gamecock Airsoft

silverstone05
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by silverstone05 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:09 pm

shoutout to dom for letting me run 4th squad. petrillo for being workable with supplies.

squad 4 was the bomb in my eyes, I saw a bunch of guys work well together and follow my commands without complaint. you guys worked hard and did things perfect. satcher was completely awesome with his ruck, carrying extra water and food and even some bb's at one time.

I have to say this event was amazing, working with the armored unit was a break from the norm and we got the air cannon tuned up some. ive already designed a new faster loading main gun, and a new design for the turret to use. so watch out!.

things that need improvement!:

radio communication, saying first squad or fourth squad can get confusing, it should have been squad one or squad four. then the lower powered midland radios caused lots of issues as command could not hear them. it would have been awesome to see a radio team at radar station and rocky top! but that brings other details so I would let it go. more in depth radio etiquette would be great

water supplies, I know a lot of players were severely dehydrated or barely hydrated well enough, myself included. there were no containers on hand for the staff to adequately send water out to the field. I understand that DOM cannot buy every single thing we need, but next time we should advertise the need for some containers. now I know a full jerry can of water is heavy as hell so I say this with a grain of salt!

tactical training, there needs to be more in-depth training than just staggered columns and patrols, I know this was a first time for us in AOSC, but if we spent an hour or so longer on tactics, we might have been twice as effective. but that is still relative.

I saw a lot of people giving it their all, and the command staff working their asses off to keep this rolling. good job to you all, and good job squad 4,

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Foxx » Tue May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

This was an immensely fun Op, and I really hope this becomes a common thing. It was good to get back into it after such a lengthy hiatus. Just a little bummed that we weren't able to stay the full period, since our ride found out last second he'd be working on Monday. Though it might've been for the best, 'cause our buddy with the knee issues wasn't getting any better. Even still, I enjoyed the thirty hours or so that we were there.

Fourth squad, you guys were great. Friendly and more than willing to work together. Serious shout out to Sealey (silverstone05, I believe.) for being an awesome squad leader. We'd follow you any day, man.

Posted up some photos and a nice little video in the Game Pics section. Go check 'em out!
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV