AAR: Operation Graycell I *Immersive RealMil* Nov14-16

Discuss previous games here.
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

AAR: Operation Graycell I *Immersive RealMil* Nov14-16

Post by Dominum » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:11 pm

REPORT SUBMITTED TO: Graycell Private Military Contracting Firm; Command Headquarters, USA
REPORT SUBMITTED BY: Commanding Officer; Company A, Graycell Operations Group
RE: Combat Operations; Nation of Georgia, contested border with South Ossetia (Tskhinvali region)
COMMENCEMENT OF COMBAT OPERATIONS: 14 November, 2015
COMPLETION OF COMBAT OPERATIONS: 16 November, 2015
SUMMARY REPORT AS FOLLOWS:

-Forward Operating Base (FOB) established in SW Area of Operation (AO); Tactical Operations Center (TOC), field hospital, barracks, supply section, latrine/support facilities etc. est.
-Listening Post Observation Post (LPOP) setup to observe armed non-combatants at a fortified settlement in center of AO (grid location I5)
-Combat and reconnaissance patrols engaged in N half of AO along roads in dense woods
-Airfield discovered in NW portion of AO, significant flooding damage to structures along river in W of AO
-Non-combatants observed fortifying settlement in center of AO (I5) and making contact with possible envoys from the militia
-Verbal contact made at I5, Russian speaking locals engaged in tire sales, unable to guarantee they would not join South Ossetian Militia (SOM)
-UN aid workers in UN marked vehicle spotted making contact with Russian speaking non-combatants at I5, UN renders medical aid to Graycell (GC) personnel
-Russian non-combatants leave I5, GC personnel occupy position, gasoline powered electric generator found on site, immediately employed to keep equipment charged
-Further combat patrols and reconnaissance in N AO encounters heavy resistance and multiple ambushes, significant loss of personnel and many friendlies wounded in action (WIA)
-UN aid workers considered suspect due to repeated interaction with what appear to be local militia, GC stop vehicle at checkpoint and conduct thorough search
-UN aid workers protest and claim Georgian protection from search and seizure, one reveals a hidden weapon and fires on GC personnel wounding two, fire returned and all three aid workers are killed
-Command assumes UN aid workers are in fact trafficking arms for SOM, and that a fear of being interrogated caused them to reveal themselves by opening fire, bodies disposed of
-Command notes partial unpreparedness of some combat personnel for below freezing conditions, command advises personnel to better comply with WarnOrds prior to future combat operations
-late night and early morning patrols meet less resistance, mostly enemy LPOPs, unknown aerial flares sighted, presumed SOM signals, subsequent SOM ambush inflicts heavy casualties on GC patrol N of I5
-SOM seize and occupy I5 fortifications in the early hours before dawn on 15 November, 2015
-Company wide assault on fortifications at I5 against occupying SOM forces is repelled multiple times, high casualty rate unanticipated, medical supplies nearly exhausted
-GC finally occupies I5 against feirce resistance, Russian speaking non-combatants confirmed to have joined SOM take part in defence
-Temporary forward TOC set up at I5, used as rally point for further combat patrols on roads in N part of AO
-Local intelligence sources indicate possible war materiel at several sites, combat patrols sent to search, high grade opium distillates found hidden in tires in NE AO
-Intelligence infers possible opium sales to fund arms trade on behalf of SOM, possible local non-combatant involvement and most likely so called "UN aid workers" involvement
-Suspicious Russian speaking non-combatants (that later joined SOM) having sold tires noted when opiates found hidden inside of tires at separate site
-Heavy casualties inflicted on enemy combatants in N part of AO during combat patrols throughout 15 November, 2015
-Command begins tiered withdrawal to FOB for refit and resupply, sites smoke and hears loud explosion between I5 and FOB when en route, all units alerted and move to investigate
-SOM unit caught attempting to exfil to the E, unit eliminated, search finds remote detonator on body
-Search of area finds bridge destroyed by explosion, ordinance found to be IED triggered by remote found on SOM personnel, intelligence assumes SOM targeting lucrative Georgian logging industry by destroying bridge
-Further patrols engage SOM in N AO, some break contact upon fire
-GC seizes I5 on morning of 16 November, 2015
-Continued combat patrols closer to presumed SOM FOB in NE AO, resistance met on some roads and in several hard points. GC units ordered to assault hard points and eliminate dwindling numbers of SOM combatants.
-I5 briefly seized by SOM forces, combat patrols to N are reassigned to engage, all SOM eliminated and taken prisoner at I5
-EPW are brought to GC FOB and interrogated, personnel claim to be locals that were persuaded by SOM to join their cause, admit to trafficking opium to fund arms and that "UN" personnel were arms dealers working with SOM
-EPW are turned over to Georgians for prosecution, discrepancy in comms log suggests five EPW taken, however only four EPW were transferred to Georgian custody, command assumes comms log error
-Having eliminated or captured all SOM and hostile personnel in the AO, combat operations cease 16 November, 2015
-Commanding Officer of Company A declares combat operations a success, albeit mitigated by Georgian aerial and satellite reconnaissance showing large numbers of SOM crossing back into South Ossetia proper with war materiel, and an extremely high casualty rate among Graycell personnel during several engagements

END SUMMARY REPORT
BELLVM SEMPER GRAVCVS
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]