AEP Lipos - now commercially available!

I broke my gun!
ibeezthecapn
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Re: AEP Lipos - now commercially available!

Post by ibeezthecapn » Wed May 22, 2013 4:38 pm

D.Smitty wrote:
Slate wrote:
That is most definitely not a Tamiya connector. Check out the width of the connector compared to the wires. There is a large difference in the overall mass of that connector.

Could you post a link to the Firefly LiPos? I've never seen them, and thinking about breaking into the AEP market.
I still say it looks like a small-type Tamiya connector.  Compare with this picture of a 11.1 V firefly battery (I own two of these) with a small type connector:

EDIT:  OK, since AEP pistols don't use small-type connectors, this AEP battery can't be using them.  I still maintain that, since I've never owned an AEP other than an MP7 (which uses a different connector entirely), they look remarkably similar.

I also take back what I said about the 7.4 V firefly lipos.  

7.4 V lipos with 900 mAh DO EXIST and have for a while (I have several, bought on ebay), but they are not firefly...they are Tenergy.  However, they usually do not have small type connectors or whatever connectors AEPs use.  The size of the lipos I'm refering to are slimmer and shorter than the MP7 AEP batteries, which I believe are nearly the same size as the pistol AEP batteries.  

These little guys are small and powerful, but they have the wrong connectors.  I bought 3 thinking that I could have Adrian re-wire them to deans for me so I could keep them in my back pocket as low-voltage backup batteries that would fit in and power ANY GUN (whether it was an AR, G3, MP7, MP5, or AK...these batteries will fit anywhere except in a stick-type).

...then stuff happened to him, and my little project got put on hold.

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong, I've been wrong before, and it never hurts my feelings when you prove me wrong again.

yaaay old posts.

still need deans?
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!