JG M4 S System front sight problem

I broke my gun!
specter
I do in fact have a life.

JG M4 S System front sight problem

Post by specter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 pm

In short, its tilted a few degrees to the left and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it. Iv'e used it for a long time with a RDS, but It broke so I'm trying to make my sights usable again.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

vanevery
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: JG M4 S System front sight problem

Post by vanevery » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:39 pm

RDS?

The Front sight of the S-System is a Sniper Style flip-up front sight.
If the issue is the sight itself, use a metric allen key wrench (1.5 key) to loosen, re-position, and then tighten the sight base to the outer barrel.

S-Systems are notorious for barrel wobble.
This can cause your sight post to get off line as the outer barrel turns.
The RAS and the outer barrel secure together. If one is loose, it can affect the other.
So, look at the RAS as well.

Different manufactures of S-Systems sometimes use a different approach with the screws they use to lock down the outer barrel. Even the RAS of JG Brand S-Systems are evolving from the approach of previous generations.
No matter what manufacture, it would serve you well to completely remove the RAS unit and all hardware related to attaching the RAS to the outer barrel. Re-install everything and secure all screws. Just don't over torque the screws for they are easy to strip. Use some Loc-Tite if needed.

This really should solve the issue.
If it does not, then more information is needed to locate the specific cause of the issue.

specter

Post by specter » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

The problem has been fixed. After much tinkering I got pissed off and gently hit it as hard as I could with a hammer and sorta bent it perfectly into place.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

idiot88

Post by idiot88 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:18 pm

When nothing else works, hit it hard! That's my motto. I do the same thing when my computer monitor turns yellow, and it works.