Are all "zero" triggers created equal? BASR Upgrades

I broke my gun!
crossfire876
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by crossfire876 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:06 pm

As the title implies, I'm curious if all zero triggers are created equal. I've seen them made by Action Army, Angel Customs, and of course, the ever expense Laylax. There are probably several others out there I just don't know about.

I, like I'm sure everyone, want to get the most out of money, and refuse to pay $200+ for a trigger that has nominal improvements over the competitors. I have never used these, and rather than purchase everything to form an accurate opinion, I hope those of you who have "been there, done that" will chime in on your results.

I see threads ad nauseum about a laundry list of upgrades that need to be thrown into a BASR to make it even competitive. And it usually includes two manufacturers, laylax and PDI.

So what about their competitors? Such as the Angel Customs line for example? Does the price reflect their vast insuperiority or are they along the lines of china clones. With a little TLC they rival the more expensive Taiwanese etc.

I'll stop with the speculating and get right to it. I have a UTG MK96 that's been sitting in my closet since my brother and I started playing. He bought it, I from him, when we thought "Gawdzzz snipzeess" meant more accuracy than their AEG counterparts. That proved to be so wrong, but now that I've played more and more I have always wanted to revisit the concept of a BASR.

In it's stock configuration (~460 w/ 0.25), my brother and I have hit a plastic half torso target 3/10 at 300ft, with it's hop up turned off as far as we could, using 0.28g G&G BB's. The other shots were spent walking the shots in with him standing near the target. The last 3 hits were back to back, shots 7-10.

To be fair, I was lobbing pretty hard. The optic I was using had adjustments to allow for 100-500yd shots in increments of 100yds. After zeroing at 50yds on 100yd setting, I maxed out the optic at the 500yd setting and was still holding over the target more than the maximum mil dots. Not an effective way to play to say the least.

I want a competitive BASR, but would like to do so on a budget as much as possible. How well do these parts compare to their laylax and PDI counterparts?

angel customs hop up (just to use AEG barrels and hop rubbers)
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=42424

cheap trigger
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=34004

if zero triggers are worth it
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=42046

Have a 455mm 6.03 madbull I can throw in it. Not sure how that will work with the much longer outer barrel.

How well are the stock cylinder / head, piston / head? Had planned to leave stock until breaks. Thoughts?

If I've learned anything it's that I buy entry level parts and end up upgrading them, making those cheaper parts a waste of cash. I want to slowly work on this, but want to do it right from the start and not waste time or money on parts that aren't worth my time.

In other words, I want to do it right the first time.

Thanks guys.
[align=center]CROSSFIRE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL SVI Airsoft

24 For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."[/align]

marpat96
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Are all "zero" triggers created equal? BASR Upgrades

Post by marpat96 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Angel Custom is fine, they are competing with PDI very well. My future Bar 10 build will be all Angel Custom and TM
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I used Angel Custom in my old TSD L96
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:23 pm

+1 for a well writen, specific, and thought out topic. Make that +2...
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]