Need Help with Part/Install MP5 "Safety Lever"

I broke my gun!
Atreides
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Need Help with Part/Install MP5 "Safety Lever"

Post by Atreides » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 am

I just purchased a MP5 online with some pretty decent internals and apparently only has one issue, a broken safety lever in the gearbox. I believe I found the part on Airsoft GI for around 5 dollars but wanted to ask some questions first. From the research I have done I need to find an MP5 specific version of the safety lever. The original seller lists some details in the link below. I also have some other MP5s that if need be I could cannibalize but would hopefully want to avoid that. The gun is shipping and I do not have it yet.

Here is a link to the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-G-heavily-upg ... true&rt=nc

Does this listing http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... cts_id=133 have what I need, or is even the right part?

Or does anyone here in AOSC have an extra set(if it needs springs or other pieces) I could buy from them?

If anyone is familiar with this part and how to install it I would like to pay them to put this in for me. If this is the wrong place to request that then I will just try to seek the part/advice here and place my request in the appropriate forum. I live in Columbia and I am willing to drive.

Thanks in advance for any help

-Austin

Here is a picture of the part from listing

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Need Help with Part/Install MP5 "Safety Lever"

Post by Star_folder » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 am

I believe those are the parts you would need if the physical safety is broken. Wait for the gun to arrive, and check it out yourself. If the trigger still pulls on safety, then the part you linked is likely damaged.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Plenty of people have spares they can sell, myself included. Like Star says, make sure that's what's actually broken first, then go from there.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Atreides
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Atreides » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:12 am

So I just got it in. When I click to the Full Auto the trigger feels normal. When I click Safety or Single, the trigger pulls but it feels like its pushing something out of the way, also I can hear a faint click on trigger pulls. I haven't plugged a battery into it yet because its missing its fuse and extra wire, (I will have to take the stock apart to reach the connector) so I will have to see if I have a small to small fuse line somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks