No electrical current or anything.

I broke my gun!
qnkz
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

No electrical current or anything.

Post by qnkz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 pm

A friend of mine recently bought a bunch of new parts to upgrade his gearbox. New wires, gears, piston, piston-head, spring, spring guide, deans, pretty much everything. He put everything together and nothing. When the trigger was pull there would be no current going through or no response. I'm thinking the wires are bad but I'm not totally sure. Any input from you other techs?

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: No electrical current or anything.

Post by Star_folder » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm

If not current is flowing, that means something is disconnected somewhere. Go through the wiring, check to make sure there aren't any disconnected areas. Make sure the battery is good, make sure the motor is good. Make sure the solder joints are good. All that stuff.

And just checking, no response at all, the motor didn't click or anything? What wires did he get?
[align=center]Image[/align]

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by TokenTech89 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 am

Could it be attached to the fuse? THat would be a good area, if you have that

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "the wires are bad", but Star is absolutely right. Somewhere, there is a break or a short in the circuit. You have to find it. Bear in mind they may not always be obvious, some torn insulation touching a bare metal surface, a soldered joint on the wiring harness that shorts against the opposite side of the shell only when closed, a glass fuse that appears to be fine but actually has one end unsoldered from the other so that you cannot see it, etc. Process of elimination is your friend.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]