Lets brainstorm about flashlights real quick...

I broke my gun!
Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.

Lets brainstorm about flashlights real quick...

Post by Skywalker » Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am

Alright folks. I'm planning on wiring the pressure switch of a flashlight into my trigger, and set it to strobe mode, for automatic blinding fun while playing CQB.

However... My trigger has voltage going through it, as I only have a 3 wire mosfet in the gun. I'm not sure if that matters or not, but figured I would discuss it before sending 11.1v down the pressure switch lines. I'm not sure if the pressure switch lines are carrying the voltage of the flashlight batteries or not.

Ideally, I'd like to splice in some wires in addition to the pressure switch, so that I could still control the flashlight without firing. I can handle this part, just throwing it out there.

One other thing I COULD do is get a flashlight to be powered off the gun battery, and just wire it with the motor... But that would require buying more things than what I already have.

Thoughts?
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

marpat96

Re: Lets brainstorm about flashlights real quick...

Post by marpat96 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

1st thought: You play CQB?

2nd thought: Don't power anything off the gun battery, thats just my opinion, but doing that will lead to more electrical issues and its just a big mess. Some bum over in GA tried to do this, and all he did was screw up his wires. Now, you're extrememely intelligent, and may be able to pull it off.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Fri May 10, 2013 5:36 pm

marpat96 wrote:1st thought: You play CQB?

2nd thought: Don't power anything off the gun battery, thats just my opinion, but doing that will lead to more electrical issues and its just a big mess. Some bum over in GA tried to do this, and all he did was screw up his wires. Now, you're extrememely intelligent, and may be able to pull it off.
Yeah every once in a while I'll go play at Battlecat or even SS airsoft. Its more expensive to do than a field game though. And, obviously, I prefer sniping.

The main reason I don't want to look into powering it off the same battery is because I don't have much space in the gun and am running a pretty small lipo as is. Don't want to eat any more of its mah up with a flashlight. Wiring it in would be easy though, just wire it to the motor pretty much... when you pull the trigger, juice flows... and BAM flashlight gets power.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sat May 11, 2013 6:11 am

Is there some reason that you can't just use a normal pressure switch? Are you one-handing a 249?
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 am

I can use a normal pressure switch... But I want the flashlight to automatically strobe whenever I pull the trigger.

ibeezthecapn

Post by ibeezthecapn » Sun May 12, 2013 6:47 am

Skywalker wrote:I can use a normal pressure switch... But I want the flashlight to automatically strobe whenever I pull the trigger.
are you sure? that sounds like it would disorient you just as much as your target
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!