g&p m14 recon dmr

I broke my gun!
Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

g&p m14 recon dmr

Post by Frost » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Okay so I have been toying with the idea of a g&p m14 recon dmr, but I have questions. Question 1: Can I swap a g&g or CA m14 gear box with the g&P gearbox (which is a TM clone)
Question 2: If I can not swap gearboxes I hear many conflicting stories on If a true version 7 has a standard piston and gears or proprietary parts?
Question 3: If they have proprietary V7 parts then what parts would be recommended for a dmr build?
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: g&p m14 recon dmr

Post by Star_folder » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Can't switch gearboxes.

Version 7 uses standard Pistons/piston heads. The sector gear and the bevel gear are the same as well. The spur gear is smaller, and has the Version 6/7 designation. The cylinder head is proprietary along with the tappet, but, again, Version 6/7 stuff, you won't have a problem finding replacements, especially for a TM box.

Same parts you would replace in any other gearbox.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Star_folder wrote:Can't switch gearboxes.

Version 7 uses standard Pistons/piston heads. The sector gear and the bevel gear are the same as well. The spur gear is smaller, and has the Version 6/7 designation. The cylinder head is proprietary along with the tappet, but, again, Version 6/7 stuff, you won't have a problem finding replacements, especially for a TM box.

Same parts you would replace in any other gearbox.
TYVM, from what I read it comes with steel gears, but i'm not sure if they will be strong enough. Would I be better off if I decided to replace the gears, If I got the gun, just buying straight up V7 gears?
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|
---------------------------TEAM RAPTORS-----------------------------------------
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Yeah, don't get v2/3 gears for the gun, grab v6/7, it'll save you time and money. I'm unaware of the strength of Guarder gears. You're welcome to push them and see how they turn out though.

TokenTech89
I do in fact have a life.

Post by TokenTech89 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:59 pm

I would probably get new gears. they say the same for the famas with those guarder gears, but then again, it was a cheap famas.

"In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as FEAR feasts upon the souls of those who cannot overcome ITs power."

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 pm

I haven't seen a lot of problems with Guarder gears, if you do everything right they're not likely to break, but you can never know for sure of course. Be wary when buying the V6/7 gearsets and make sure you get a true TM style V6/7 gearset with, as Kory mentioned, the noticeably smaller (by smaller we mean the diameter of the bottom row of teeth, i.e. the diameter of the widest part is several mm smaller) spur gear.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:20 pm

In my experience... the tappet plate is fragile, the cut off lever can break (and needs to be replaced with Guarder, NOT SHS (off spec from my TM M14)), and buying a spring set would be smart, because if you lose any of those small ones on the cut off side of the trigger mech, the gun won't work right.

Also, you CAN crack TM V7s with a heavy spring, so make sure to put sorbo in there and don't be stupid and run it full auto @ 25rps with a M160 like I did.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Guarder-M ... /34409.htm
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Guarder-C ... /34456.htm
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/SHS-Sprin ... /32521.htm
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

thebutnugget
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by thebutnugget » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Frost wrote:Okay so I have been toying with the idea of a g&p m14 recon dmr, but I have questions. Question 1: Can I swap a g&g or CA m14 gear box with the g&P gearbox (which is a TM clone)
Question 2: If I can not swap gearboxes I hear many conflicting stories on If a true version 7 has a standard piston and gears or proprietary parts?
Question 3: If they have proprietary V7 parts then what parts would be recommended for a dmr build?

i have a whole mess of upgrade parts and GB shell if you are interested, or if skywalker really wants it he can keep it
[align=center]V[/align]

Frost
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Frost » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 am

I haven't purchased this gun. I was toying with the idea of buying it and just trying to do some background research. I've decided for now to hold off on it, but thank you everyone for the help.
|VFC M4 "Dirty Harry"|