R-Hop vs SCS

I broke my gun!
sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

R-Hop vs SCS

Post by sgtryan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:53 am

I currently have a Shredders Concave Spacer in my M14 and was wondering if I would see a significant difference upgrading to a R-Hop with an M nub. My accuracy is great with the SCS, but I hear the R-Hop is just amazing, and it would be nice to further increase range and accuracy. I honestly just don't want to spend several hours of work getting the r hop in correctly only to find that it shoots the same as my SCS. Any suggestions on this or the build itself would be great. Thanks for the help!

Here are my current specs for my M14:
6.01 Prometheus M14 barrel
Prometheus Bucking
SCS Spacer
Prometheus M135 Spring
Guarder: Piston, Cylinder, Cylinder head, tappet plate, nozzle, spring guide, and gears
#14 O Ring on piston
Matrix Magnum Motor
GATE MERF 3.2 Burst Advanced Mosfet
10.8V battery

Shoots 390 fps with .25g
Usually use .28 or .3g in games

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: R-Hop vs SCS

Post by Star_folder » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:36 am

An r-hop is better than an SCS nub. Assuming everything is tuned correctly, the accuracy of the rifle probably won't improve by a tremendous amount, but the range will. And with that much accuracy at range, it will greatly increase the effectiveness of a rifle.
[align=center]Image[/align]

sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by sgtryan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 am

That's what I thought the case would be, and is exactly what I want. I got the z-kit so hopefully I can get it right the first couple of tries. Any particular tips on maximizing the effectiveness of it? I want to get it perfect, so I'm already planning on spending an entire day devoted to the install. And thanks for the reply, I couldn't find any opinion on the difference between the two.
- The Citadel, November Company, Class of 2017

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 pm

If you can get it to fit well in the barrel, the next step would be making sure the nub engages it well. You want it to be level on the patch so the bb contacts the patch evenly.
[align=center]Image[/align]

sgtryan
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by sgtryan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks, will do. It seems simple enough, I just like to get as much info as I can before installing and making a mistake. Thanks for the help, hopefully it will go well.
- The Citadel, November Company, Class of 2017