Jg bar 10 upgrade problems

I broke my gun!
Nabors
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Jg bar 10 upgrade problems

Post by Nabors » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Hey guys ran into some problems with my jg bar 10/gspec. I just recently got this gun and started to upgrade it. I installed evikes angel customs zero trigger piston and cylinder head along with angel customs 150 spring. To start I had quite the time getting the trigger to line up with screw holes and bolt catch. After a little work I got it in and it works but doesn't shoot like I had expected. It shoots almost the same as stock. Also the charging handle can not be placed it the forward down position its catching on the metal where the safety select switch should be. This is my first vsr-10 build so im not positive but it appears that the cylinder head is a little longer than the stock causing the bolt to not be able to fully seat but the cylinder head looks to be setting in the hop up chamber fully. I'm going to try and get pics up to help explain just have not had time to take them since I lasted messed with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Havok7
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: Jg bar 10 upgrade problems

Post by Havok7 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:37 pm

I, as well as you, have been researching how to upgrade a stock VSR or VSR clone. The consensus of my research is that angel customs cannot make parts to specification, and people who buy their parts have to do a substantial degree of modification. Either write that cylinder head off or break out the dremel and cold steel files.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:18 pm

I don't always do PSS10 based BASR builds... but when I do I use Laylax.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Nabors
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Nabors » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:40 am

I switched to action army. Angel customs is not worth the hassle. Im now using action army zero trigger and piston action army spring guide w laylax 170. I am still having trouble with cylinder wobble and sometimes it won't let the cylinder head mate all the way to the hop up chamber. I think I just need to align the cylinder properly with the guides but the guides don't really have adjustment. I could be installing wrong but I've watch about every video and they just drop the white ring in and it works. So not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:11 pm

I've never personally dealt with AA, but years ago I heard bad things about their bolty internals. Not sure if it still holds true.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Nabors
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Nabors » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Hey what is the best/easiest way to fix stripped screw holes? From dealing with the angel customs trigger not fitting I ended up weaking the screw holes for the trigger. Now they are starting to strip and i was just hoping for some tips!