FPS and Joule Converter

I broke my gun!
atl
I do in fact have a life.

Re: FPS and Joule Converter

Post by atl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Also for the cybergun thing, can't you just call it some thing else like softair instead of airsoft or box of gears instead of gear box unless they patented it. just wondering where did you here about the cybergun thing?

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:14 pm

ya can you send me the link where it says that
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 pm

http://www.popularairsoft.com/french-eu ... t-cybergun
That is the article that I read. You can use google to find a few other articles on the subject. That one seems to be the most informative. Seems that most of them are in french though... makes it a little more difficult to figure them out.
[align=center]Image[/align]

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Star_folder wrote:http://www.popularairsoft.com/french-eu ... t-cybergun
That is the article that I read. You can use google to find a few other articles on the subject. That one seems to be the most informative. Seems that most of them are in french though... makes it a little more difficult to figure them out.
You mean a person can find information about things, with out being spoon fed, on this thing called Internet. WOW!
Back to what I said, look up the info and will learn a lot more than spoon fed small bits.

Thanks Star

atl

Post by atl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:27 pm

I searched many different things in google such as cybergun france copy right and cybergun copy-writing airsoft terms in france and couldn't find anything. I didn't know to look on popular airsoft. Don't assume things.

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:27 pm

I had tried looking it up and all it gave me were french airsoft shops
''The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the enemy die for his''

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:19 pm

5 mins with a screaming kid next to me while I wait for a haircut:

- Airsoft is LEGAL
- Specific regulations or limitations:
considered as firearms if above 2J
not to be brandished in public areas (unless special authorization of local authorities)
- Minimum age for buying:
if above 0.07J, 18
below 0.07J, no limitation
- Minimum age for playing: 18 with replicas above 0.07J
- Rough guess of (active) people playing airsoft in this country: ~100.000
- Number of airsoft shops: around 200 i guess according to this map :www.airsoftmap.fr/
- Additional information:
You can't play in public areas without auhtorization. Several commercial playing fields exist but most airsoft teams play on private properties (rented or free acces if you take care of the field or property of a team member).

Speed is usually limited by team rules to 350fps for full auto, 400fps for semi auto (often mechanical lock is required on AEG) and 450fps for bolt action rifles, all speeds metered with 0.2g bbs. These limitations may vary with the type of field (lower limits for CQB...etc) or the type of event (may be higher limits for a milsim event).

Airsoft is getting more and more organized in France, this was mainly caused by the fear of harder limitations (orange tip..etc) last year. There are 3 organizations that deal with airsoft now :
- The FedeGN, "Fédération de jeux de roles grandeur nature", www.fedegn.org , the oldest, is a LARP (live action role playing) federation. It regroups all kinds of role playing gamers, from medieval to airsoft, paintball..etc . This federation is the most recognized by law at this time.
- The FFA (Fédération Française d'Airsoft, ffairsoft.org ) is a federation dedicated to airsoft only and is constructed around a bureau with local representatives. Its current goal is to form marshalls to improve safety and respect of the law during airsoft events by creating an "approved by FFA" label.
- The UFAA, Union française des associations d'airsoft, airsoft-bordeaux.com/, is a federation of associations, created by airsoft associations from South West of France and spreading country-wide now.

These 3 federations provide help to local teams (insurance, large events organization...etc)

A new orgnization was recently created in order to improve safety by doing scientific studies. It is called the ANA, association de normalisation de l'airsoft, www.ana.asso.fr , and it gives advices on safety rules. Their last work was on eye protection, recommending EN 166 1B, STANAG 2920 V50 : 360,9km.h-1 (100,3m.s-1) minimum or STANAG 4296 level of protection for the use of below 2J replicas.

Concerning lasers, they are generally forbidden by the event organizers but are legal to own up to class II.

EDIT : Concerning uniforms, there is a law that prohibits "to create confusion in the eye of people" so if you are seen wearing a military uniform, you must not pretend being part of some military or law enforcement organisation. Wearing Police, Gendarmerie or French Army ranks or insignas is a real bad idea. Foreign ranks or insignas are ok but common sense tells to keep them only for advanced role playing events, with an attempt to get a movie-like depiction. For your weekly small airsoft skirmish, it is not recommended IMHO.

It is also forbidden by law to wear the uniform of an organization judged guilty of war crimes or crimes against humanity. So no Waffen-SS, Nazi party, Khmer Rouge...etc uniforms unless special authorisation for historical reeanactment purpose.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Wladimir.

By http://www.airsoft2day.com - World Airsoft News - Read full article: http://www.airsoft2day.com/forum.html?f ... z1xu2cKZ75

So if I can do that in five mins just think what you could do in 1 hour.

atl

Post by atl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:26 pm

slimshady222 wrote:cause in france minors cant have guns above .08 joules but I highly doubt that they even listen to those rules.
if 450 fps=.2j with .2 then .08 j=300fps with .2 if you can get your kwa and scar in there you could just get a m90 spring and lower it to about that fps until you get older
Last edited by atl on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 pm

good point atl but I think its .08 joules which i didnt even know they make guns that low in power or maybe its a typo

atl

Post by atl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 pm

that's what I meant. I will edit it.

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm

r u sure .08j is 300 fps

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:11 pm

.08j=120fps with a .12

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 pm

slimshady222 wrote:.08j=120fps with a .12
It should be .8 not .08
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

slimshady222
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by slimshady222 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:08 pm

no the rules of france say specifically that its .08 joules

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:45 pm

"Good point atl, but I think it's .08 joules. I didn't even know they made guns that low in power. Maybe its a typo?"
"Are you sure .08j is 300 FPS?"
"No, the rules of France say specifically that it is .08 joules."

Is it too much to ask for for you goofballs to try using some preschool level punctuation and grammar? "I don't care", "I'm on my phone", and "Stop being a grammar nazi" are not acceptable retorts.
There's no kill switch on awesome!