The Texan armory

Pictures and descriptions of your armory!
teeth
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

The Texan armory

Post by teeth » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:08 pm

I haven't moved to this region yet, however I see no harm in getting to know you guys before I do. These are my two cuties.

The first: Image

This is my ARES/Elite Force G36KV. It is stock, yet shoots at 410, which sucks a bit, however I'll have the spring swapped out by Broken Home in May.

The second: Image

This is my newest toy. The body is a King Arms M4A1, however it is a G&P gearbox for the internals. I also swapped out the motor for an A&K high torque motor. The paintjob was done by a friend. The gun shoots, on average, 385 FPS. Sooner or later I'll throw a barrel extension onto it, and a tightbore.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Re: The Texan armory

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 am

Nice paintjob on that M4, but what is the purpose of the railcover between the receiver and rail? Doesn't seem like some place you'd keep your hand very often.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am

How you liking that G36KV? The one I own has been pretty great with the exception of the hop-up chamber.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

teeth
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by teeth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 am

SteevoLS wrote:Nice paintjob on that M4, but what is the purpose of the railcover between the receiver and rail? Doesn't seem like some place you'd keep your hand very often.
Haha, I was wondering when somebody would question that. When I got the gun it had a significant amount of wobble, due to the spring behind the delta ring being broken. My solution was to throw a railcover between the receiver and rail. It reduces the wobble enough to not annoy me. However, the way I wrap my hand around the rail when I hold it, I don't notice any wobble at all. I'm planning on replacing the standard foregrip with the magpul AFG.

As for the G36KV, I love it, but I hate the hopup. I need to throw a new tightbore in there, because despite how hard it shoots, I'm not getting very much range unless I use .20s.

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

When I first got the gun, the hop-up didn't work at all. No amount of adjustment had any effect. When I disassembled it, I realized that the bucking was so lubricated, it rotated within the barrel when you turned hop up wheel. Because of this, the spacer wasn't properly aligned. I'd recommend changing the bucking first, and if that doesn't resolve things, look into swapping out the spacer. It also wouldn't hurt if you eventually looked into swapping out the entire chamber. To reinstall the chamber & barrel back into the gun, you need to push down and twist 90 degrees. I believe this causes the chamber to rotate a bit, which offsets the spacer and bucking, resulting in the bb curving at its apex.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

atl
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by atl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm

You can make the images smaller you know.
cool guns though

Vesper
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Vesper » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I could probably fix the wobble.