Can you tell I like bullpups?

Pictures and descriptions of your armory!
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can you tell I like bullpups?

Post by Dominum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm

y is teh clip spot on ur ar15 so big
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Mi clip s hold bigger bullets. Makes me shoot farther

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Internal Pictures!

Opposite side of the gearbox, a little better view at how the wires run down the side. If you notice, you can also see the normal trigger sled spring at the top of the trigger assembly.

The trigger assembly. You can see it in all it's glory. What's worse about it is that it uses standard parts. The housing and the trigger itself are the only proprietary parts about it. The trigger tabs are normal M4 tabs, as is the trigger sled. A poor design, rather annoying, the trigger sled spring. Normally, you stick it around a post in the M4, but here you have to fit a screw through it. I have to get a small screw driver to grab the spring and move it into a position that I can put the screw through it, as it is under tension with the screw installed.

Gearbox split apart. It's seem aprox 10k rounds at this point. That's the extra third part of the gearbox behind it. The part that the pistol grip screws onto. Thankfully, VFC did this well enough that the pistol grip fits onto the gearbox and body with no wiggle, but it's still flush, making the shimming a tad bit easier. It sill makes for a difficult angle to shim everything, but it's doable.

10:1s didn't fit, due to bevel gear "reinforcement" I had to dremel it away.

Top of the gearbox, er, the right half of the gearbox. Shows a little more of that "reinforcement." Doesn't get in the way of the 10:1s, and it didn't get in the way of the stock ratio. I'm unaware if 13:1s would fit easily, or if torque gears would fit easily. I believe 13:1s would fit without issue, you wouldn't need to modify the bevel area either, but I think torque ratio, or anything requiring a half tooth piston would not fit without modification.

VFC did radius the cylinder, and they did a good job. It's a little small, but it works.

The stock ARL could not latch into the 10:1 bevel, or riot bevels entirely, if I had to guess. The edge was too straight, and the next ARL latch point would start to push the ARL out of the way just enough to cause it to be unable to latch into the bevel. I had to grind the tip down, and then bevel the inner edge out so that it would mesh with the bevel gear.

And for the sake of the Build Off:

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 pm

You swiss cheesed a piston for a semi auto gun?

y u make no sense prease?
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Skywalker
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Skywalker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Its his vroom vroom gun.

I think is goal is 52rps
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Dominum wrote:You swiss cheesed a piston for a semi auto gun?

y u make no sense prease?
Full auto gun, sir. Getting 44rps at 398fps with .25s.

Skywalker is right, my goal is 50rps. It's currently open again (reason I have these pictures) Adding in bearings, and a new motor. I'll be short stroking and adding a heavier spring. As it is, I'm right, RIGHT on the edge of PE.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh, I thought that was a DMR build.

dat duz maka sense prease.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Money, money everywhere
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)

Romba

Post by Romba » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Dollar signs dollar signs dolladolladolla signs.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 am

This is slowly turning into a build thread of mine... Got the 417 to 70rps with a 14.8v, and 382-383fps with .25s, pretty happy about that.

In other news, f2000 got a make over this morning. Mostly just posting up pictures of the piston. Took the very popular Lonex Piston Head and Lonex Piston from the stock 28g weight to 15g. And then stripped it.

Romba

Post by Romba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

70RPS? Vids or it didn't happen.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Romba wrote:70RPS? Vids or it didn't happen.
I'll see if I can't grab one for you this evening.

417: Was getting slight Premature Engagement with the 11.1 in it's previous set up, because that's no good, I jumped back into it. Short stroked the piston by 3 teeth and replaced the sector gear with an XYT sector gear because I didn't want to cut it up, I also removed 3 teeth from the XYT gear. Well, as it turns out, the XYT gear's teeth are a little too small, so it wasn't able to cycle the gun on semi. Oddly enough, it worked on full, but I think it was more just because of friction, hitting the piston over and over again. Didn't damage anything, another oddity. Tried using a Lonex piston, Worked for a while, until I popped in the 14.8v, then that stripped too. Facing facts, I removed 3 teeth from the riot sector and installed that. I also replaced the bushings with 8mm Modify Ceramic bearings and the motor with a Lonex A1 Titan Motor. I put the SS-3 SHS 15t piston back in, and everything was happy. Clocked in at 44 rps with the same 11.1v as before. Which is odd, but I'll get back to that. And then 70rps with the 14.8v. Now, the reason that is odd, is that is the same speed the A2 was giving me before, but now I have bearings and the system is short stroked, along with the motor being a balanced motor, not a torque motor. The gun should be shooting faster than before. I suspect it's not shimmed quite right. I'll get back to it eventually. I stuck the A2 back in it, to see what it would give me, perhaps it was faster, nope, 42rps with that one. Oh well, I'll get it figured out eventually. Fingers crossed it'll be done by this weekend, you Airfarm gowers :evil:

F2000: Super lucky on this build. I almost literally dropped everything together. Built the gearbox in under an hour. Custom motor, something that's called a Frankentorque. Without going into too much detail, it's the highest torque motor you can make without custom winding an armature. Thus it's not too terribly faster than the 417. Anyway, a very clean 60rps with an 11.1, and a beautiful 80 with the 14.8v, until the piston stripped due to the spring not being strong enough. The gun has:
10:1 DSG gearset
Frankentorque motor
Modify Ceramic 8mm bearings
Lonex Piston and Piston Head
SHS air nozzle
Guarder SP150
Everything else is stock G&G parts. I've got replacement pistons on the way, once those get installed, I'll chrono the gun with the SP150, if it's around the 0ft MED marker, I'll just leave it, and not use a 14.8v in the gun. If it turns out to be significantly under the 0ft MED limit, I'll grab a stronger spring, which would mean I could use a 14.8v battery :evil:

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Romba wrote:70RPS? Vids or it didn't happen.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

marpat96

Post by marpat96 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am

Money, money being thrown everywhere to build guns that could destroy North Korea.
Last game I went to: Redfox, March 29th, 2014
(Stolen from Gerbilizer :D)