The Black Mamba Airsoft Tank

Pictures and descriptions of your armory!
Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: The Black Mamba Airsoft Tank

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:39 pm

idiot88 wrote:Your vehicle reminds me of the BTR-152.
http://www.google.com/search?q=soviet+a ... 00&bih=495

The trapezoid shaped add-on on the back of yours- what are the advantages of having this add-on as opposed to just having the doors flush with the back?
So it does! We wanted it to look like a tank destroyer and APC kinda mixed together as one.

The shape on the back was for 3 reasons. First, it added some gun angles on the back so we don't have blind spots we can't hit. Secondly, it allowed us to make the inside slightly longer and thus hold one more person than we'd have otherwise. Lastly, the angles doors are wider at that shape than they would have been flat.

fallout11
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by fallout11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Also less likely for both of them to be blocked (shut) by an obstruction, such as a tree trunk or whatnot, and allows disembarkation in two directions simultaneously. Less of a "funnel of death" that way.

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Updating with some nice, new pictures here. New gun design, sight, and muzzle brake. Also includes the new custom air ventilation system (Two radiator fans bolted to the top) with a full brush guard. There is probably smaller things I'm forgetting, bu that's the main stuff.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I like. Any plans for a 360 traverse up top?
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 pm

We've discussed that to death. I'd really like to, but there just isn't any room left. The only direction we can build is up, and it's already as tall as it's getting.

So instead of adding more on it, we've been improving what's already there. We put on some air-shocks, the fans, and redid the gun's compression chamber. It used to be super leaky PVC, but now it's welded steel. We also may have a neat little surprise for next game if our gun tech can manage it. We're gonna bolt two M14's together with on trigger and between the two, squeeze out around 50rps or more.

We've got camera's to mount on her aswell, but all in due time. Many hours have been spent on that hunk of metal.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:37 pm

If I were the owner of this interesting vehicle, I would start "greebling" it. Most real APCs have all sorts of supplies and fixtures on the outside of the vehicle. Grab handles, tool racks, storage bags, rolls of camo netting, gas cans, etc.

What did you use as your base vehicle? The wheelbase makes me think an old Chevy pickup or Blazer.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 pm

SteevoLS wrote:If I were the owner of this interesting vehicle, I would start "greebling" it. Most real APCs have all sorts of supplies and fixtures on the outside of the vehicle. Grab handles, tool racks, storage bags, rolls of camo netting, gas cans, etc.

What did you use as your base vehicle? The wheelbase makes me think an old Chevy pickup or Blazer.
We really haven't had the time. There's always something vital that needs to be completely, and thus we never get to make her all prettied up. However, that is on the long list of things to do. We'd also have to be careful since a lot of trails are made for smaller tanks, and we brush up really hard against larger limbs on the sides. That means we have to mount everything very securely.

The base is an old 1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief. No real reason we chose this base except for the fact it was an old vehicle we had laying around and is an excellent offroader while still maintaining decent size.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm

258 or 360? If you have the 360 V8 it shouldn't be too terribly hard to find an under-dash A/C unit from a wagoneer and cool that thing down on a hot summer's day.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

specter
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by specter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:17 am

If I were you, I would put some remote detonated clays on it. You know, just in case.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:48 am

SteevoLS wrote:258 or 360? If you have the 360 V8 it shouldn't be too terribly hard to find an under-dash A/C unit from a wagoneer and cool that thing down on a hot summer's day.
It's the 360. The issue is that we haven't finished sealing it up yet. I don't think a car's AC will manage to do much of anything unless she's decently sealed. Especially since we just mounted the heavy fans on the top. The fans keep the inside livable at least. So that's good.

At one game, it was around 50 degrees outside and it felt near 90 in the tank. Came out drenched in sweat and stripped the BDU Jacket ASAP. Took forever to cool down. Even with the freezing weather and sweat.

Luckily, at our last game, the airflow was enough to keep that from happening again. So cooling isn't going to be an issue for a while. With such limited time and funds, we're concentrating on other things at the moment.

Black Poison Airsoft
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Black Poison Airsoft » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:49 am

specter wrote:If I were you, I would put some remote detonated clays on it. You know, just in case.
We just turn the engine on and rev it when people get to close. Tends to work well enough.

Also, we already have a full 360 degree coverage anyway, so nah. We may look into cannon launched claymores though!