Vietnam Patrol [MilSim Op] Sept. 28/29th

Information about past games.

If you plan on attending, what faction will you most likely play as?

North Vietnam
37%
USA
63%

Total votes: 82

Foxx
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: Vietnam Patrol [MilSim Op] Sept. 28/29th

Post by Foxx » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Just reread the game info for the sake of clarity. The first time I read through I thought 1 radioman per platoon meant there would literally only be one guy and one guy only in each platoon with comms. Now I realize it says that nowhere...

Kinda wish it was the case, though. After all, not every grunt in Vietnam had a convenient streamlined headset to communicate with. You either stayed with the platoon or got separated, lost, and probably killed. I think it could add a different flavor of combat to the game, though I'm sure many will disagree.

Anyone have an estimate of how many are planning to play along with the whole 'nam theme? Been trying to pull the guys together for this game but a few of them aren't crazy about going if there's only a handful of people to "play dress-up" with.
Last edited by Foxx on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crossfire|Desert Crucible|Blue Hole Campaign|White Noise|Op. 24|Imperator|SC vs. NC-2|CQB Sh*tfest|Domino|Pres. Assin.|White Noise 2|Aug. 21st CQB|AOSC Anniv.|Op. 24-2|Strat. of War|Phantom Hawk|Mantis 2|RedFox Feb. 19th|Dead Dawn|TDC|CID-1|Blue Hole Jun. 18th|Blackwater 2|Op. 24-3|FPTC Jan. 21st|SC vs. GA-2|Flash Heaven 2|Op. SGC|Apple Pie|Airfarm Aug. 4th|Blue Hole Sept. 15th|RedFox Dec. 15th|CID 3|Double Cross|TDC 2|Vietnam Patrol II|Vietnam Patrol IV

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Barring any significant problems I will be bringing the Jeep as an admin vehicle.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

^Sweet. Unfortunately I will need to learn how to drive a stick unless someone wants to be my driver.

Indeed Foxx, the name "radioman" only means that he is the person who has the "radio" that communicates with the "artillery" and "aircraft". It does not mean they are the only ones who can use a radio, it's just a game mechanic that allows the NVA to kill the platoon's radioman so they can't call in artillery or air strikes. If the NVA is laying an ambush and they are able to pick their first shot, you can bet it will be that guy... followed by medics and officers.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:26 am

Umm... I will drive, lol. Cooler in the back, radio on the dash, windows down, and we're good to go!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 pm

You can get some good pics then right?
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

ibeezthecapn
I do in fact have a life.

Post by ibeezthecapn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:13 pm

screw texting and driving on a flat road son, imma operate dat camera driving in da woods
AEA airsofter, Anywhere Everywhere Anytime

Last Game OP Vietnam Patrol - US CO - Win

THANK YOU!!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

lol, not when he's driving. I'm not going to need to drive around most of the day, he'll spend a lot more time parked or walking around with me (if he wants to) than actually driving me around.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 pm

That's good, considering that I doubt I get anywhere near 20+ MPG when chugging around muddy trails in 1st.

captainkirk05
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by captainkirk05 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

If I come to this, I'm going to look like back from the future the sequel. No pre-modern kits in my closet.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm

That's OK, there are no requirements for period correct loadouts. All we ask is that you try to look a little less modern if possible ;)
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Achilles1
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Achilles1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Dominum wrote:That's OK, there are no requirements for period correct loadouts. All we ask is that you try to look a little less modern if possible ;)
So Molle, holo sight, suppressor, multicam, night vision, and an M4 are allowed?
THE GREATEST WARRIOR WHO EVER LIVED!!!!
Getting friendly fired since 2011
CO of team Dumbass

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:01 am

Dominum wrote:Factions:
NVA: Brown, black, and tan colors and camo patterns. An historically accurate loadout is not required, but it is highly encouraged that you at least try to resemble something closer to historical accuracy than not. Therefore, please pick a loadout and weapon that is at least similar to an historically accurate one, or better yet, one that is historically accurate.
CO: Diesel
XO: jsts ghost

US Army: Green camo patterns. An historically accurate loadout is not required, but it is highly encouraged that you at least try to resemble something closer to historical accuracy than not. Therefore, please pick a loadout and weapon that is at least similar to an historically accurate one, or better yet, one that is historically accurate.
CO: ibeezthecapn
XO: ?

A contest will be held for the best individual historical loadout from either side, and another one for the best team historical loadout for either side. Prizes TBA.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

specter

Post by specter » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 am

I wish I could somehow get a hold of a baby ak. I love the crap out of those things. Oh well. I guess its an M4 with an EGLM for me.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Achilles1
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by Achilles1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:34 pm

specter wrote:I wish I could somehow get a hold of a baby ak. I love the crap out of those things. Oh well. I guess its an M4 with an EGLM for me.
Use an M16, M4s aren't very accurate!!!!!!
THE GREATEST WARRIOR WHO EVER LIVED!!!!
Getting friendly fired since 2011
CO of team Dumbass

specter

Post by specter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:56 am

Achilles1 wrote:
specter wrote:I wish I could somehow get a hold of a baby ak. I love the crap out of those things. Oh well. I guess its an M4 with an EGLM for me.
Use an M16, M4s aren't very accurate!!!!!!
Accuracy by volume is best accuracy.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face