Friday, July 24th

Price:
FREE

Itinerary:
1700: Begin arriving and prepping gear
1915: Begin briefing and final gear checks
2000: Step off

Scenario:
Once again, we're trying something new. This event is NOT an airsoft game (though there will be one the following day). The purpose of this event is to practice bivouacking in the field, general field craft, and operating at night. We'll start by checking out gear and going over what items are needed and why. The purpose of this is primarily to prepare those who plan on attending Operation Graycell and similar multi-day events that require players to maintain 'combat' effectiveness for days on end, and as such we'll be giving a lot of tips that pertain to cold weather bivouacking and field craft as well. Once everyone has their packs all set and everything they need, we'll step off with airsoft rifles with no mags or batteries. We want players to practice with the full kit they plan on using in a multi day game, PLUS what they need to bivouac. We'll do some "patrolling" through the woods at night, getting used to airsoft night time SOP. We'll then find a good spot to bivouac and set up. This is NOT camping in a tent, we'll be sleeping under the stars or in improvised shelters. Sometime during the night we'll get up and move to a different site in different conditions. You should expect to get a full nights sleep, albeit with a break.

What you need to bring:
-Your airsofting kit (Though we won't be using it, it's important that we train with the end goal in mind {It'll also come in handy if you play in the game the following day})
-Effective bug spray, both for yourself and your clothes/sack (permethrin treatments and DEET are recommended)
-A full dinner and possibly snacks, with plenty of water as well
-Eyepro (we won't wear it the whole time)
-Quality boots and socks that keep your feet dry
-Sleeping bag
-Bivvy sack or shelter half (something to keep you dry if it rains while you are asleep)
-Sleeping pad (insulates you from the ground when it's cold, and provides cushioning)
-Waterproof jacket/clothing (to keep you dry if it rains while you aren't in your sack, GoreTex recommended)
-Rucksack
-Wristwatch
-Knife
-Compass
-Flashlight
-First aid kit
-Waterproof bag

Rules:
-Bring what you need
-Use common sense
-Channel 1 is for admin, call me on channel 1 if you have any problems or questions at any time
-Stay hydrated!
-AOSC games always go on as planned, no cancellations for weather

Map:

Important Reminders:
-Bring lots of cool water and electrolyte replenishing beverages!
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

neonman1427
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: FREE Graycell Training - Airfarm, 7/24

Post by neonman1427 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:32 pm

My dad and I have all of our gear and are 100% ready to go!

Looking forward to the night practice and the game the next day. Should be good fun.
RPK Gunner from OP Vietnam Patrol II/III

Russian-softer

Greycell-ian

VP for Gamecock Airsoft

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Just a reminder that there is a game the following day, if you'd like to attend that as well, the details are here: http://www.aosc.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8107
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

neonman1427
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by neonman1427 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Certainly! I am also planning to pack oatmeal for breakfast, are camping stoves allowed Saturday morning?
RPK Gunner from OP Vietnam Patrol II/III

Russian-softer

Greycell-ian

VP for Gamecock Airsoft

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:43 am

Yes, just no campfires.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]