OP - GA "Silent Storm" POSTPONED

Information about past games.
Team Mantis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

OP - GA "Silent Storm" POSTPONED

Post by Team Mantis » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 pm

THE FOLLOWING AIRSOFT EVENT IS NOT AFFILIATED, SANCTIONED, OR SPONSORED BY THE A.O.S.C. MANTIS PRODUCTIONS ACCEPTS ALL RESPONSIBILITY OF SAID EVENT.

[img width=600 height=450]http://mantisairsoft.com/SpecOps1Large.png[/img]

Special Forces Challange No.1

Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org)
10% of the proceeds from registration will be donated to this organization to help our troops who are injured while defending our freedom.Please visit their web site to learn more about this great organization.

Dahlonega Field located in Dahlonega, GA
March 20th 2010
8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Registration $30.00

Below is the registration email address and the information you need to include in you email.

Talon@mantisairsoft.com
Subject line: Silent Storm Registration
Name
Callsign
Uniforms are not required for this event.

Factions:
4 special operations teams (6 man maximum)
Op-For (No cap)

Lunch will be available at the field for $5.00

This is the first in what I hope to be an ongoing event. If all goes well I am looking at running these every 3 months. The idea is to put small teams of players in a Special Forces role using a first person shooter type structure. The teams are geared more towards the experienced players and teams that operate together on a regular basis. This will put their skills to the test individually and as a cohesive element. You do not have to be on a team in order to participate however. Every special operations team needs a good OpFor to go against.

Here is how this OP is going to work. The Special Forces teams will have at set of primary objectives they will have to complete in the time frame of the game in order to complete their mission. They will have several secondary objectives and objectives of opportunity that will be worth bonus points. They will have to complete their Primary objectives before the end of the mission to be counted as complete. There will be 4 missions and each team will run all 4 throughout the course of the day. Each mission will be different and the teams will have to use a variety of skill sets in order to complete them. A few of the roles that will be taken on by the forces will include Recon, Assassination, Hostage rescue, Intelligence, Demolition, and Infiltration. This might seem easy to some but let me assure you that I have designed this to push the teams to the edge.

Op-For will be taking the role of the bad guys and will have one objective which is to prevent the teams from completing their missions. They will be on patrols, ambushes, stationed at check points and listening posts, guarding hostages or critical locations. etc.. They will be in a way playing a role with the ability to respond freely during encounters with the teams. For example, if an Op-For patrol is assigned to a patrol route then they have to stay within that area while patrolling. If they encounter the SF Team then they are free to engage and give chase. They will also have limited ability to leave their area to investigate sounds and such. Op-For will play a very important role in this OP. Op-For will also be given points for any primary objectives they prevent the teams from completing plus the points for any secondary objectives that are not complete. Op-For points will be cumulative through out the day.

The field will be divided into 4 AOs ( area of operation ) and the missions will run simultaneously for 4 rounds. Teams and Op-For will rotate each round. Character players will play their role throughout the day. All players will have to stay in their AO during the game. Each area will have 1 Combat Controller that will be a non playing admin. The combat controller will manage Op-For and general game flow.

Op-For:
Anyone can be Op-For. Op-For will be assuming the role of the bad guys that the Special Forces have to deal with to complete their missions. Your job is to stop the Special Forces.

Special Forces:
In this one the following Special Forces units will be represented by each team:
Navy SEALs
S.A.S.
CIA Black OPs
Delta Force

All the teams will play through the 4 missions in rotation. and take the role of each Special Forces unit. Each mission will be centered around a specific skill set but not limited to that skill set alone. Teams will be out numbered and operating from start to finish in hostile territory.

SF Teams are caped at 6 members and need to be a recognized team or a group that regularly plays together. SF will be very challenging which is the point of this whole thing and the teams need to have cohesion and experience as a unit. SF teams are not designed for inexperienced players or groups of random players.

The team that wins the challenge will have bragging rights for the next 3 months and be listed in the hall of warriors. They will be able to defend their title at the next challenge. The other 3 teams will not be able to run as a team for the next 2 challenges. This insures that other players in the area have an opportunity to train and run as a SF team in future challenges.

Each team will have to have the following items in order to play as SF:
1. Digital camera - This can be a camera phone or other device capable of capturing an image. There will be objectives that require you to take a picture of someone or something and I will have to be able to confirm that the picture was taken and that it is correct.
2. GMRS radio - You will have to be in touch with operations command during your mission. There will be intel that will be given to you at certain points and if command is not in contact with you will not be able to complete your mission or gain extra points.
3. Lighter - Teams will have to light of demo charges or smoke that will require a lighter.

I will provide all other mission specific equipment.

Each team will be given an intel pack for each mission that will have maps, photos, mission details, etc.. There will however be intel that teams will get in mission. Teams will be given ample time for planning before the OP.

Medic Rules:

Medic rules will be different for both factions.

Op-For - When an Op-For player is hit he will call hit, pull out his dead rag and report to the Combat Controller for that AO. The Combat Controller will then reassign the player on the field.

SF teams - The SF teams will all be able to medic each other back into action. Each SF member can take 3 hits before being eliminated from the game. Each SF player will have 3 ropes with 5 knots tied in it. When hit any other member of his team can take one rope, untie the 5 knots and then tie the rope around the hit player’s wrist. This is done for each hit until a player has 3 ropes tied around his wrist. If the player is hit again after all his ropes are tied around his wrist he is dead and eliminated from the field for the remainder of that game.

Field FPS limits are measured with .20 weight BBs.
Bolt action, gas, and simi-auto electric sniper rifles - 550 FPS with a 100ft MED
AEG, AEP, Full-auto GBB rifles, and GBB pistols - 400 FPS with a 20ft MED
Snipers are allowed to use low cap magazines only.
FULL SEAL GOGGLES REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.

Complete rules can be found HERE.
Last edited by Team Mantis on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigMan23
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Re: OP - GA "Silent Storm" March 20, 2010

Post by BigMan23 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 pm

hey man, I emailed you guys about our squad coming down to run Special Forces..but I haven't heard back from you. What's going on?

Team Mantis
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Re: OP - GA "Silent Storm" March 20, 2010

Post by Team Mantis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:24 am

I will get with Talon and have him get you a formal response. I am pretty sure that we still have open team slots for SF. PM me all of your info and I will get back to you tomorrow after I speak with him whether he contacts you or not.

Joker Out.