How to put together a competitive Airsoft team?

Names and faces of the A.O.S.C. teams
Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Re: How to put together a competitive Airsoft team?

Post by Echo1 Operator » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 pm

you will be at a disadvantage with a pistol only because aosc players run around blasting on full auto with newb caps
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

Mr. Marauder
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mr. Marauder » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Thread moved to appropriate sub-forum.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]V[/align]

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:15 pm

specter wrote:Ignore the shitposting.
What qualifies as "shitposting"?
I was born with the Safety off.

specter
I do in fact have a life.

Post by specter » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:00 am

Madd Dawg wrote:
specter wrote:Ignore the shitposting.
What qualifies as "shitposting"?
Pretty much anything Echo 1 Operator posts, as well as blatantly ignorant things I post. Especially the real tree comment. Though it's cheap and effective, you will be laughed at.
We mess around with the new guys, so I would talk to some moderators about some things. Marauder is good, as is mives. I would definitely suggest lurking around some. You can find a lot of answers to your questions there. You can also look at some of the post game pictures to get an idea of our general load outs. Just remember though, the majority of fields are wooded, so M81 would probably be the most effective camp you can buy. Good luck, and I hope to see you out on the field.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 am

If I took a video showing what my field was like, would that be helpful at all or just be pointless?

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:56 am

Lots of trees and you like green: M81 woodland with coyote brown gear
Lots of trees and you like tan: Multicam with coyote brown gear
There's no kill switch on awesome!

specter

Post by specter » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Honestly the only thing I can truly say not to get is glamoflague.

Bishop
Gold Team
Gold Team

Post by Bishop » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:34 pm

specter wrote:
Madd Dawg wrote:Question. I read somewhere that a recon (or a scout or a spy or a freakin' assassin or whatever you call 'em) could use a pistol as their primary. Is this true? What are some of the best pistols (AEG, Gas or Spring, doesn't matter) that you guys can think of?
Ignore the shitposting and pay attention to this. Most people's guns are upwards of 450-500+ dollars with some exceeding $2,000. If you were to run a pistol or be a spy, expect to get shot to hell. You will not be effective at all. I can help get you guys into airsoft. I have a team that's very noob friendly and we would be glad to help you guys out. Just message me if you need any help.

I thought you said most people have "crossman's and JG", Dude, I find it hard to believe you even have two brain cells to rub together and start a fire, let alone be allowed to use the internet without your parent and/or guardian and/or backdoor avenger.

Ignore everything here, except for Bald Eagles Posts. And Echo1, because honestly, even with the jokes, he's sadly one of the smarter players in the AOSC.
Gold Team
I am a bit of a jerk.
There have been a lot of games since the last fatality. Roses are red, violets are blue, so is your car at 102

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:47 pm

It's really not the cost of the gun that determines if the player gets "slaughtered" or "executed", it's the skill of the player. There are several people who run around with very cheap guns that do quite well, a lot better than others do with their JGs, CMs, and such. I know of one fellow that I've had the pleasure to play with for a few games who showed up with a clear spring powered gun. Small, walmart cheap stuff, the kind they don't even carry anymore. That didn't stop him one bit, he was every bit as effective as anyone else on the field because he knew how to play. He was fast, used cover well, and was good at sneaking around.

Now, that said, I do suggest getting something with a little more fire power than a shotgun or pistol. JGs are good, so are the G&G Combat Machines. Having that much fire power does help make it easier for you to be good and effective on a field. Sure, the guy I mentioned before was a good player, but his gun didn't shoot more than 50ft, and that did limit him a good bit. Better guns like the ones mentioned in this thread can get 150-200ft of range right out of the box, AND they'll have full auto.

I also want to touch on snipers, scouts, the recon people (spies). They aren't a combat force like people like to make them out to be. They are out there to gather info. There's no reason you can't do that with a pistol, or a bolt action gun. Heck, you could do it unarmed if you wanted to really challenge yourself. All you need is a radio to pass on the info you see. That kind of player is generally not super useful, just because of the player base as a whole. Most games aren't organized well enough for such a player to be very useful for the team, so the position is often looked down on, or seen as being useless.

The other side of the coin is snipers who are out there to kill people. Sneaking, hiding, hunting, that's what they do. A pistol isn't going to cut it. You won't have the range you need without some serious upgrades, and even then, it'd be like using a wooden bat for something that requires a sledge hammer. Sniper rifles become much more necessary for the job, those or DMRs (high powered AEGs). When they are good at what they do, and they have very well performing rifles, they can be a force to be reckoned with. I can recall a few snipers who would shut down a whole section of the field just by being there. We would just avoid the area so as to avoid being shot by them because we couldn't find them. But this level of play takes quite a bit of time, effort, and money. You need to be good at your art, and have an excellently performing weapon.

But to the topic of the thread. Making a team is best done by recruiting players on the field. Get out, play, find people who you can get along with. This is the best way to build your team. You pick from active players, you see each other face to face and see how they play.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Aw you're making me blush.
[align=center]I'm here to hate your M4[/align]

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Star_folder wrote:It's really not the cost of the gun that determines if the player gets "slaughtered" or "executed", it's the skill of the player. Now, that said, I do suggest getting something with a little more fire power than a shotgun or pistol. JGs are good, so are the G&G Combat Machines. Having that much fire power does help make it easier for you to be good and effective on a field. Sure, the guy I mentioned before was a good player, but his gun didn't shoot more than 50ft, and that did limit him a good bit. Better guns like the ones mentioned in this thread can get 150-200ft of range right out of the box, AND they'll have full auto.
Right now, I have a Crosman Stinger S32P Shotgun, (http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Stinger-T ... ft+shotgun)
a Crosman Stinger R39 Rifle and a Crosman Stinger R36. (http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Ready-Air ... et+crosman) I got the rifle and the pistol recently, and just played my first match with them today. I wear the rifle over my shoulder on a strap, the pistol on my hip and the shotgun in my hands. Always be prepared, right? I was at my grandparents, and they've got a VERY small playing field, about 75/200 feet, but it has a lot of bushes and trees for cover. I used the shotgun mostly, occasionally switching to my rifle when my opponent was attacking from a distance. Also, I'm right-handed, but I shoot left-handed because my right eye is weaker than my left. I don't need glasses or anything, 'cause my left's perfect.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 pm

haters want to be me. get an echo1 and stop using those crappy spring guns. your pimp game will increase greatly.
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

specter

Post by specter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Echo1 Operator wrote:haters want to be me. get an echo1 and stop using those crappy spring guns. your pimp game will increase greatly.
I can confirm this as my first was an echo 1.

Doublewolf

Post by Doublewolf » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:32 am

My first gun was a CA sportline, and it broke the first time I fielded it. My second was a Combat Machine, and it spent more time at Dominum's house than mine (he fixes guns).

I bought a used Echo 1 that had not even been properly maintained, and it worked flawlessly for years until three parts all went at once. I replaced them, and it's as good as new, now. It has great range for its 20 ft MED, too, even with the stock hopup.

Echo 1 guns are JG rebrands, though, so a JG is probably a solid choice.

This is mine after crawling around in the mud for a couple days at the Airfarm:

Now back on topic. As others have said, the best way to find a team is definitely by showing up to games and playing.

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:34 pm

Echo1 Operator wrote:haters want to be me. get an echo1 and stop using those crappy spring guns. your pimp game will increase greatly.
Right now I have no money, but I can get a job paying around $100 a week, and I hope to start next week. The gun I have my eye on is an Echo 1 AK-47 RIS.http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product ... ts_id=2167
This will be my first AEG, is it a solid choice?