How to put together a competitive Airsoft team?

Names and faces of the A.O.S.C. teams
specter
I do in fact have a life.

Re: How to put together a competitive Airsoft team?

Post by specter » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 am

Madd Dawg wrote:
specter wrote:Just get a JG S-System. It's cheap and reliable.
Planning to get this (http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-GG-CM-M4-BLK.htm) and battery+charger and then do the "What the Buck" thing instead of getting the shotgun. Thoughts?
Just a fair warning, M4 carrying g handle irons are ugly as sin. I would invest in an optic in the 250-30 range from a local sporting goods store.
>Implying I'm not going to just shoot you in the face

mives
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mives » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 am

Sup Dawg (sorry couldn't resist),

Airsoft isn't competitive. Maybe out in California where they have the ACA, but no-where else is there truly competitive airosft. We get a bunch of guys and gals together and run scenario ops, skirmishes, or objective games. We have fun. Out on the field it's green uniforms vs. tan uniforms and the way you break down into sub-teams or fire teams or squads is up to you. This is the case for most games, unless you go to a military simulation (Milsim) scenario where they organize everyone into squads before the game.

My best advice is to come to an AOSC game and see what it's like. Talk to people at the game and ask them how they like to play, what kind of guns are good, and what kind of gear they use.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:56 am

specter wrote:Just a fair warning, M4 carrying g handle irons are ugly as sin.
I have no idea what you just said. I do have a cheap-laser dot sight, though. I bought it for my Stinger but stopped using it, because I was wasting too much time trying to line it up perfectly and not enough time kicking butt. I don't really remember how far it was accurate, but it was pretty good.
I was born with the Safety off.

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 am

mives wrote:Sup Dawg (sorry couldn't resist),

Airsoft isn't competitive. Maybe out in California where they have the ACA, but no-where else is there truly competitive airosft. We get a bunch of guys and gals together and run scenario ops, skirmishes, or objective games. We have fun. Out on the field it's green uniforms vs. tan uniforms and the way you break down into sub-teams or fire teams or squads is up to you. This is the case for most games, unless you go to a military simulation (Milsim) scenario where they organize everyone into squads before the game.

My best advice is to come to an AOSC game and see what it's like. Talk to people at the game and ask them how they like to play, what kind of guns are good, and what kind of gear they use.
I'm a very competitive person, (I was actually into competitive gaming before I started airsoft, but that's a different story) and I REALLY enjoy competing against other players. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as I'm good[ish] at it, I'mma do it. So, what's the real difference between what you guys do here and what they do in California? Do they just call it "competitive" or what?

mives
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mives » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Airsoft is less about the competition and more about the experience.

ACA competition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WycqAXy2Srw
Essentially speedball but with airsoft guns.

Our games focus on collaborative team objectives. It's the entire team that "wins" points by completing the objective, not the person.

It's difficult even for teams to "compete" as it is 10x easier to cheat in airsoft than in paintball.

Like I said, come out to an AOSC game and you'll get a feel for exactly what we do.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 am

mives wrote:Airsoft is less about the competition and more about the experience.

ACA competition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WycqAXy2Srw
Essentially speedball but with airsoft guns.

Our games focus on collaborative team objectives. It's the entire team that "wins" points by completing the objective, not the person.

It's difficult even for teams to "compete" as it is 10x easier to cheat in airsoft than in paintball.

Like I said, come out to an AOSC game and you'll get a feel for exactly what we do.
So, (I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing) from what I saw in the video, the objective was to get 4 of those thingies in the middle, and if you got shot, you had to go to the respawn point, then you're back in, Right?

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:48 pm

the aosc doesnt have competitive players because most of them are newbs with condor gear. get an echo1, and most players will call themselves out when they see you coming. a word of warning: if you are a really good player the mods will get jealous and delete your posts for no reason.
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 am

I'm planning to get some airsoft gear (right now just using normal camo clothes) and I think I found what I want.

The camo suit I'm looking at: http://www.airsplat.com/Categories/AC-APP-BDU-MCAM.htm
The mask I'm looking at: http://www.combatgearing.com/advance-ki ... rdf1lnj9u6
The goggles I have now: http://www.amazon.com/Durable-Transpare ... ft+goggles

The only problem I have with my goggles are that they fog up as soon as you start sweating, but that can be helped by wearing a sweatband around your head.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm

having matching camouflage already puts you ahead of 90% of the aosc player base. good job
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

specter

Post by specter » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Echo1 Operator wrote:having matching camouflage already puts you ahead of 90% of the aosc player base. good job
Well, about 85.

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:00 pm

specter wrote:
Echo1 Operator wrote:having matching camouflage already puts you ahead of 90% of the aosc player base. good job
Well, about 85.
What do most of you guys wear?

Hatch
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Hatch » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Local Walmart real tree camo

specter

Post by specter » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am

Madd Dawg wrote:
specter wrote:
Well, about 85.
What do most of you guys wear?
Real tree.

Madd Dawg
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by Madd Dawg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 am

Question. I read somewhere that a recon (or a scout or a spy or a freakin' assassin or whatever you call 'em) could use a pistol as their primary. Is this true? What are some of the best pistols (AEG, Gas or Spring, doesn't matter) that you guys can think of?

specter

Post by specter » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Madd Dawg wrote:Question. I read somewhere that a recon (or a scout or a spy or a freakin' assassin or whatever you call 'em) could use a pistol as their primary. Is this true? What are some of the best pistols (AEG, Gas or Spring, doesn't matter) that you guys can think of?
Ignore the shitposting and pay attention to this. Most people's guns are upwards of 450-500+ dollars with some exceeding $2,000. If you were to run a pistol or be a spy, expect to get shot to hell. You will not be effective at all. I can help get you guys into airsoft. I have a team that's very noob friendly and we would be glad to help you guys out. Just message me if you need any help.