Flash Supressor

Forum rules, game rules, life skills... read these or die!
LongRangeDeath
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Flash Supressor

Post by LongRangeDeath » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm

I know that they are supposed to be colored orange for federal regulations,but are we allowed to color them black or whatever color the gun is? Im not sure if it is a requirement for AOSC to have the orange or not.
Im gonna give you 3 seconds,exactly 3 F###ing seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull f##k you.
R.Lee Ermey "Full Metal Jacket"

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Re: Flash Supressor

Post by Felix » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Orange for state travel and shipping, plus safety infront of cops. There are no rules regarding color in the AOSC (most are black or aftermarkets anyways)
[align=center]Delta Bravo Niner
Image[/align]

Avenger
I do in fact have a life.
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Avenger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes, the law requiring airsoft guns to have 1/4 of the tip orange is a myth. the law only requires the orange tip for selling across state lines.
I do not always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing.

Star_folder
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Star_folder » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Avenger wrote:the law only requires the orange tip for selling across state lines.
^this. I'm 99% sure that you can travel across state lines without an orange tip.

And felix, an orange tip on a gun doesn't make you any safer from cops. They are trained to treat all guns as if they are real fire arms.
[align=center]Image[/align]

LongRangeDeath
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by LongRangeDeath » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks fellas.
Im gonna give you 3 seconds,exactly 3 F###ing seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull f##k you.
R.Lee Ermey "Full Metal Jacket"

SquadronROE
I like this place!
I like this place!

Post by SquadronROE » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:22 pm

That's interesting to note. Thanks for posting the clarification about that, Star. I'm not going to be repainting my barrels anytime soon (due to laziness) but it's good to know that it's not a legal requirement.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I can't find the thread where I explained it ad nauseum, but suffice it to say that the only time you ever have to have an orange tip on an airsoft gun is the moment it is crossing a state line and only then if it is for the purposes of being sold to a person in another state.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 pm

You are correct. The base line statue it 15 cfr part 1150. That states that only manufactuing, selling (transport across state lines) you must have them on. The is nothing about the final consumer having to keep it on. But be warned, cops do not see the tip during the heat of the moment. When I train the local HRT, it is spot obstuction in hands and defend. So be careful.
It is wise to have a gun bag and use it, always declare any and all weapons, weither real steel or airsoft, and no sudden movements.
Yes have fun with your paintwork or aftermarket muzzle breaks.

El Duderino
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by El Duderino » Thu May 24, 2012 7:36 am

Please forgive me if I am resurrecting a dead post here, but does anyone have a link to local laws or know of any resource to find local laws regarding airsoft? After reading Title 15 of the Federal Regulations, I believe that Title 15 only supersedes state law if the state designates as acceptable for manufacturing or shipping airsoft guns any marking other than the approved blaze orange tip. Title 15 remains silent in regards to personal use, so local laws regarding airsoft would still apply. Aside from wikianswers, I have not found any resource that mentions local laws, and even that site only says that few SC laws exist. If I am not mistaken, airsoft guns are treated as replica firearms, but I cannot find any information regarding these replicas. While I would like to take everyone at his or her word regarding the orange flash hider, some legislation regarding the issue would be very helpful and would put my mind at ease.

Thanks in advance...
In this distribution of functions, the scholar is the delegated intellect. In the right state, he is, Man Thinking. In the degenerate state, when the victim of society, he tends to become a mere thinker, or, still worse, the parrot of other men's thinking.

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Thu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

Alright , this is what I have found after speaking with one local sheriff and two prosecutors and this is what they all agree. In sc there is no laws on bb, pellet, and Airsoft guns. As for weapon, that term is used for any item used in the commission of a crime.
As for any sc gun laws I was directed to section 16-23 which is the only laws that pertain to firearms and weapons. So as it states, there is no laws about Airsoft toys.
So the only laws is on the books is for federal statues 15.

xxproto21xx
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by xxproto21xx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:09 am

also check out http://www.municode.com/

It has most municipal laws which each city has their own personal code of law on top of statelaw.

Not too long ago in Columbia,SC you could have been charged with unlawful carry of a weapon regardless of the OJ tip or not. Just be aware statelaw works with city codes as well.
|

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:46 pm

There is a reason why I carry my guns in a case to and from games and don't just leave them sitting out on the back seat in plain view. No reason to take any chances.
You name a game, I've been to it.

If I've banned you, then you have more than likely deserved it.

If I deleted a post it didn't need to be there or I simply didn't like it.

xxproto21xx
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by xxproto21xx » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:35 am

Gambler wrote:There is a reason why I carry my guns in a case to and from games and don't just leave them sitting out on the back seat in plain view. No reason to take any chances.
Yeah better safe than sorry. Even with the OJ tip on it never use that as the end all to prove its not a real firearm a lot of criminals are now trying to make their guns look like toys

|

jsts ghost
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by jsts ghost » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

xxproto21xx wrote:
Gambler wrote:There is a reason why I carry my guns in a case to and from games and don't just leave them sitting out on the back seat in plain view. No reason to take any chances.
Yeah better safe than sorry. Even with the OJ tip on it never use that as the end all to prove its not a real firearm a lot of criminals are now trying to make their guns look like toys

That is a perfect reason to just follow the rules and declare all items, real steel and airsoft, when you get stopped by a cop.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm

xxproto21xx wrote:a lot of criminals are now trying to make their guns look like toys
No, they aren't.

You aren't required to tell a police officer about weapons in your vehicle. It's none of their business.