AOSC CHARTER (Organization Structure & Bylaws, Forum Rules,

Forum rules, game rules, life skills... read these or die!
Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: AOSC CHARTER (Organization Structure & Bylaws, Forum Rules, Game Rules)

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Dominum wrote: When you come to a game, please go to chrono with all the guns you plan to be fielding with an empty mag, preferably a mid/lowcap. Thank you for your cooperation :).
Apparently there has been some absurd speculation that we prefer mids/lows at chrono (they are not required to chrono) because we are elitists. This is ridiculous, they are prefered only for chrono simply because it is easier to speedload and does not have to be wound, so it makes the chrono line move faster when more players choose to come to chrono with mids instead of hicaps. This makes things easier for everyone. This in no way suggests (as some have speculated) that we are trying to prevent people from using their hicaps in game.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Article III, rule #4 has been amended per a unanimous vote as follows:

"You must have line of sight to stealth kill."

This addition simply means that you cannot blindly stealth kill.
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Article III, rule #6 has been amended per a unanimous vote as follows:

"No lasers over 5MW are permitted. Use common sense with lasers and powerful flashlights, as there can be some safety risks associated with them. Though it will happen once in a while on accident (and that is understandable), intentionally and repeatedly shining lasers in people's eyes will be treated as unsportsmanlike conduct and may result in removal from the game or further action."

Common sense safety stuff, thanks to UF Jester for making this point.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: AOSC CHARTER (Organization Structure & Bylaws, Forum Rul

Post by Dominum » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Please note the following addition to Article III, Rule #9 per a unanimous vote:
If you choose to wear headgear, it must match the predominant color of your uniform and/or your factions color schemes. This means that you may not wear green headgear with a tan uniform, and vice versa. If your headgear is a balancer camo (ACU for example), you may only wear it if ACU has been assigned to your faction, i.e. if ACU has been assigned to Alpha as a balancer at a particular game, than someone on Bravo may not wear ACU headgear. Additionally, red/orange headgear or any headgear easily mistaken for a deadrag may not be worn except as an actual deadrag.
Yet another excellent suggestion from a player (Idiot88) helping to make our ruleset better; you spoke, we listened. Keep it up.

This is simple, if you choose to wear headgear, it must match your faction's color affiliation. That's not much to ask and it makes it less difficult to ID targets when all you can see is a head. Not wearing something that can be mistaken for a deadrag as headgear should be a given.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

triggrhappywardog217
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by triggrhappywardog217 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:37 pm

About the waiver... what do we do if we travel with your team and you parents aren't willing to driving to greenville to bring you to a game and your friends parents drive you?

Another quick question, what do youdo if someone doesnt call their kills?

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Tue May 03, 2011 7:43 pm

triggrhappywardog217 wrote:About the waiver... what do we do if we travel with your team and you parents aren't willing to driving to greenville to bring you to a game and your friends parents drive you?

Another quick question, what do youdo if someone doesnt call their kills?
As long as the waiver is signed by the parent and one of your friends parents is there to watch and take you where you're needed, your fine.

Tell any representative or experienced player, preferably the game moderator, and they will deal with it or find someone who can.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Wed May 04, 2011 6:07 pm

The answer to the first question depends on how old you are. If, due to your age, the rules require a parent present than your parent must be present. If they merely require your waiver signed by a parent than print it, have them sign it, and bring it with you. How old are you?
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

triggrhappywardog217
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by triggrhappywardog217 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:46 am

Dominum wrote:The answer to the first question depends on how old you are. If, due to your age, the rules require a parent present than your parent must be present. If they merely require your waiver signed by a parent than print it, have them sign it, and bring it with you. How old are you?

Doublewolf
I do in fact have a life.

Post by Doublewolf » Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 am

You have to have an adult with you to take responsibility for you and a waiver signed by your parent. For face protection, you need full seal goggles with a shemagh, balaclava, mouthpiece, or something else to protect your mouth or a full mask (paintball mask).

ak-47 user
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by ak-47 user » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:22 am

ok so what if ur parent isnt willing to go out and play with u and cuz im not 14 i need a parent or gaurdian........ could one of the experienced players act as my gaurdian... cuz there is a posibility that i mite play at rr on sunday july 11
honey badger dont care!

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 am

Players ages 0-14 must have a parent or legal guardian with them. Once you're 15 it can be anybody over 18 years old, but if you're 14 or younger it has to an actual parent or guardian.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

ak-47 user
F.N.G.
F.N.G.

Post by ak-47 user » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:13 pm

I am unable to take my 12 year old child tomorrow, if his friend's parent can take his son and my son, is this ok? We will sign the waiver form.
honey badger dont care!

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Unfortunately no. It has to be a legal guardian or actual parent. These are the regulations established by the insurance companies; we can't fudge them.
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

I just want to take the time to remind everyone:
Dominum wrote:We ask that all members read this in it's entirety and familiarize yourself with it. As a member of the AOSC, you have the right to be heard. If you have any input or suggestions, or would like to aid the organization or any of its endeavors in any way, please let us know. Our purpose is to make the AOSC the best it can be for every airsofter in the state.
I know it will take you a few minutes, but seriously, isn't it worth the time to be well informed? Please take a few minutes when you have the time to read or reread the AOSC charter. We as an organization can only function well with an informed populace. It's hard to maintain a vision for an organization, or improve one, without knowing how it functions or what it's purpose is.
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Rule #12: Game registration and chrono:
The following rule is being set into effect to help resolve the issue of games starting late.

Starting July 7th 2012 Registration and chrono for all AOSC games will close at 9:30AM and will reopen after the game starts. Safety/game briefings will start at 9:35AM thus allowing the games to stay on schedule for a 10:AM start. Once the game is started registration and chrono will reopen for players arriving late, and there will be an extra 5 dollar charge.

times subject to the schedule of the actual game. I.E. if the game starts at 9, you would have 8:30 closing.