Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
3rd0ptik
I love forums!
I love forums!

Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

Post by 3rd0ptik » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:07 pm

This thread is intended to understand the differences between the two types of games or to find out that there is no difference.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Is'nt MilSim a more strict Military based offshoot that came from the original Sport of Airsoft, or has Airsoft always been MilSim.

My thoughts on MilSim.. I dont mind it, thats why I play but I didnt realize the lack of exact amount low cap mags makes you an outcast in the MilSim world.. Is that the only thing, or is it perfect military communications, tactics and formations that make you MilSim. I dunno, your comments and thoughts are welcome.

And remember lets not make this a whos better thread, just a discussion to understand and possibly improve things..

What I would like to see in a MilSim game, and its just my opinion, but things I think would make it more real, since alot of people want real without actual death and dismemberment..

Main thing I see is how you die.. Hit in the pinky, DEAD. Hit in the toe, DEAD, you get where im going. I would like to see a true medic class evolve in Airsoft. Plenty if people I knew wanted to be field medics and eventually surgens, we might have folks out there that would like to sharpen the craft of getting to a patient in battle.

We all know this is a game off honor with the fact if you hit you call it, so most people not only know when there hit but they know where they were hit.. Wouldnt it be cool if there were only a few medics per team, not everyone a medic? this medic has to be equipped a bit different. Actual medic kit on him, now of course no trama packs and hemostats, but lets say for example a med kit FULL of Red Cross or Medic stickers.
Lets say a guy gets blasted in the leg, a good hit, not a wing, he cant use that leg, he's dragging himself with his busted leg to cover. He calls for medic. Others not directly in a fire fight move to aid the medic in helping the downed man. Medic makes it to him, and says " Where are you hit " , soldier says, left leg, upper, a bit higher.. Medic says cool I can fix it. Stamps that leg with a sticker and soldier is back in the game. Perhaps even different stickers depending on the severity of the injury.
Now a direct chest shot, or headshot, DEAD. Player is down, dead flagged and laying there. Either actual pick up of body or use of stretchers would be needed to extract him. Get the dead player back to the determined location, he respawns a fresh new player.

Maybe this could be a scenerio game, not saying it should be a new rule to play like this, but if MilSim Players want it more real, this would definitly make it so..

Any of your thoughts on this or any other aspect of the game are welcome and encouraged..

0ptik~
Last edited by SteevoLS on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bushmaster
I do in fact have a life.

Re: MilSim -vs- Airsoft

Post by Bushmaster » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I agree with you, I think MILSIM is all well and good but why get mad at all the people who are not MILSIM? The idea of losing use of arms or legs is cool.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

GARRETT

Post by GARRETT » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 pm

We did this a little before we left SALUDA, and it was really a lot of fun. My son and I do this in the backyard all the time. I like the idea of a leg wound, being a leg wound and so on. Adds a little more to a certain kind of game.

Tanker

Post by Tanker » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Milsim games are hard because you don't have enough people come out. (Not everyone carries lowcaps)

There's a game in Cali, where they do vietnam games. They go as far as to where when you get hit, you act it out. I'll find the video, but the NVA did a charge, and when it was all over, you had like 50 guys screaming, "MY LEGS!! MY ARM!! MEDIC!!" and the medics have to do different things depending on where the wound is.

MCG

Post by MCG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:07 pm

I like you idea of medics and injuries, Ian. It's always frustrated me when I get winged in the arm and have to call myself out.

One thought though, if we're going for the ultimate realism here, what if people wearing plate-carriers could take say three shots to the chest before having to call themselves out? I'm not sure if that would erupt into arguments, or if it would work... thoughts?
Last edited by MCG on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kill bodies and slay dragons.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Of course there would be no arguments. After all I've only been shot twice so far. Or was it once? No, I think it was three...
There's no kill switch on awesome!

Tanker

Post by Tanker » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:08 pm

I've had a milsim game collecting dust. I want to make sure we have at least 30 guys capable before i put it together.

Capable-enough lowcaps, actual weapons, etc.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:05 pm

MCG, I'd be fine with that if you wear the actual plates :P.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

MCG

Post by MCG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Dominum wrote: MCG, I'd be fine with that if you wear the actual plates :P.
Real Kevlar plates break down after being shot enough times, whereas my plates will never break down, no matter how many times you shoot them. Epic win!  ;D

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Wait, what if I shoot you with a 7.62?
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

MCG

Post by MCG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:58 pm

Dominum wrote: Wait, what if I shoot you with a 7.62?
We're talking airsoft here. Henry...

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:01 pm

So?

If it's not fair that you wear a PC and have to die in one hit by a .22, how is it any more fair that it would take three .50cal rounds to kill you?
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

MCG

Post by MCG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Dominum wrote: So?

If it's not fair that you wear a PC and have to die in one hit by a .22, how is it any more fair that it would take three .50cal rounds to kill you?
Let's take this to the PM's, I'm sending you one nao!

Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 pm

I don't wear a plate carrier, it does sound like an interesting idea though.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Trig
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Trig » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Tanker wrote: Milsim games are hard because you don't have enough people come out. (Not everyone carries lowcaps)

Instead of going out and buying a whole butt load of low cap mags and requiring them for the game, all a person would have to do is count out the BB's a low-cap would hold and put it in them mid-cap.

I know someone is going to say well how can we trust them to put the correct amount in a mid-cap.  Well, we are already playing a game with an honor code, and I believe that you could trust people with mid's or high's...  If not you can supervise the loading  :D
Last edited by Trig on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley: "I think I just heard Luke yelling."
Me: "...That was a goat."