Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Re: Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

Post by Echo1 Operator » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:05 am

Unlikely. My campaign against newbcaps is far from over. Long live milsim games.

theboss62
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by theboss62 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 am

Gambler wrote:Another reason why the Realmil's in NC are invite only. If you get busted not calling your hits not only are you gone, but the person who invited you to the game gets banned from a couple of events too. I have never been to a real mil where I ever heard "Call it" It simply doesn't happen. Real mils are about playing with honor, so marking bb's are not needed. Real Mil's are about a lot more than shooting people too. They aren't for everyone, but I think a lot of people would enjoy them if they game them a shot.
I want to try it out sounds fun. I want to grab some lowaps for my M4. My big question is that for the G&G M14 I can only find mids that hold 180.... thats too much right?
Team AJAX
Arsenal- in the works
Fulda Gap 10**OPMantis**OP Viper**OP Phantom Hawk**OP Mantis II**OP Attrition**OP Banshee**TDC**
Dominum wrote: "We are chairsofting, but in a MilSim sort of way".

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

theboss62 wrote:
Gambler wrote:Another reason why the Realmil's in NC are invite only. If you get busted not calling your hits not only are you gone, but the person who invited you to the game gets banned from a couple of events too. I have never been to a real mil where I ever heard "Call it" It simply doesn't happen. Real mils are about playing with honor, so marking bb's are not needed. Real Mil's are about a lot more than shooting people too. They aren't for everyone, but I think a lot of people would enjoy them if they game them a shot.
I want to try it out sounds fun. I want to grab some lowaps for my M4. My big question is that for the G&G M14 I can only find mids that hold 180.... thats too much right?
Nope, those are fine. While some people(Severed) think people using 180 or 190 midcaps may as well be using hi-caps, you are welcome to use them. The real mils are few and far in between, but we are trying to organize on in SC. Hopefully we will have one sometime towards the end of the summer.

Jon The Student
Here for a while...
Here for a while...

Post by Jon The Student » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 pm

I'd like the prospect of a RealMil, it would seem the emphaisis would be on stealth, land nav, situation awarenss, and sound tactical decision making. Sounds great, if it ever gets off the ground let me know, I'd gladly go.

severed
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by severed » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

When I first requested that this thread be made, I didn't know it'd be such a contested and foreign idea. It wasn't intended to be a place to bash high caps, discuss overly elaborate and asinine medic rules, argue what's better or more elite. There are different gaming styles and to each their own as to what they enjoy. It was only intended to shed some light on alternative game types.

MilSim and RealMils aren't just is about a stricter rule set, ammo limits or even what kind of objectives if any there may be in a game. MilSim and RealMils are more of a mindset and approach, the stricter rules are only there to encourage that mindset and approach to gaming. Yes the stricter rules might not appeal to some, Midcaps only might prevent some folks from playing based on investment. You might also be expected to wear a specific uniform or gear type and that might not appeal or even be possible for some. THESE DIFFERENT GAME TYPES AREN'T FOR EVERYONE, sorry to break it to you but not every game will be all inclusive.

I know for ME a game with 30 people in the right mindset and goal can be more fun that a game with 200 people pissing away bb's for 10-12 or even 24 hours. Field owners might not agree because they want as much $$$ as possible and $20x200 is a hell of a lot more than $20x30.
Say what you want, think what you want, it won't change the fact that AJAX will do what we want, when we want, including roll the ____ over you.

▲
▲ ▲

fine print: sometimes I'm serious and post middle of the ground statements based on logic, other times I will post something absurd just to point out the sheer lunacy of someone's opinion. Other times I may post something directed specifically at another forum member just to be a smartass. Don't take it personally, it's all in good fun.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Severed, I know you 6mm guys do this all the time, and just wondering if there was a way for a young player to get into some of the more upscale Milsims.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm

All the time is a bit of a broad term. Most realmils take months to plan, and therefore only happen a few times a year.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Well all i ever hear of is Milsimmin from you guys and its not a bad thing, just sounds awesome.

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:46 pm

There's realmils, plus out-of-state milsim games like Irene/Oklahoma Invasion/Pine Plains/Lion Claws etc, plus smaller private games.

Felix
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Felix » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Large prices, upgraded gear and weapons, following the rules stated for each game? Still wouldn't mind going to one. <18 sucks though

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:58 pm

You could almost look at it as what you'll be doing after you've been playing for several years, are over 18, and have expendable income. My upcoming Oklahoma Invasion trip will cost at least $150 in gas, $100 field fee, and another $100-200 in various bits of gear/guns/supplies... not so bad if you consider this is my "vacation" for the year.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:42 pm

You could buy nearly 100 used mag midcaps for that amount.

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm

airsoftsniper11 wrote:You could buy nearly 100 used mag midcaps for that amount.
Your point?

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 pm

In ye olde country, we had a saying what was passed down from OP to OP.

It went something like this...

Don't feed the troll.

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:42 am

blackout wrote:
airsoftsniper11 wrote:You could buy nearly 100 used mag midcaps for that amount.
Your point?

This is the milsim forum. It's all about dressing cool and playing airsoft the way it was intended like in the Land of the Rising Sun.

It's crap if it ain't a midcap. 8)
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN