Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

All topics related to milsim and realmil discussions should be here.
D.Smitty
I do in fact have a life.

Re: Realmil vs Milsim vs Paintsoft

Post by D.Smitty » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:14 pm

I love how there is a running pattern of:

Real, thought-out comment
Hi-cap bashing
reaction to hi-cap bashing
reaction to reaction to hi-cap bashing
[time passes]
Real, thought-out comment
possible well-spoken reaction to real comment
hi-cap bashing
...and so on

blackout
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by blackout » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Airsoftsniper11 have you ever played a AOSC game?

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Post by Echo1 Operator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Console or PC?

VoidSuicide

Post by VoidSuicide » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

I think that's a no...
[align=center]Back from the dead?

Image[/align]

D.Smitty

Post by D.Smitty » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

airsoftsniper11 wrote:
Stealth Hero wrote:I think that's a no...
Thinking might not be your strong point, cuz.
Wow, an uncalled-for and unwarranted insult being thrown around in this thread is unprecedented!

VoidSuicide

Post by VoidSuicide » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:42 pm

It's fine. I learned the internet on a very hellish forum full of elitist jerks. That simple minded insult wont provoke me.
[align=center]Back from the dead?

Image[/align]

TeamBadCompany
I love forums!
I love forums!

Re: MilSim -vs- Airsoft

Post by TeamBadCompany » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:19 pm

MCG wrote:I like you idea of medics and injuries, Ian. It's always frustrated me when I get winged in the arm and have to call myself out.

One thought though, if we're going for the ultimate realism here, what if people wearing plate-carriers could take say three shots to the chest before having to call themselves out? I'm not sure if that would erupt into arguments, or if it would work... thoughts?
Any gun modelled after a gun that shoots 5.56 or 7.62 should be a respawn with stretcher (or a medic) if you have a plate carrier if not a shot to the chest should be a kill, army plates are rated to 3 - 7.62 rounds, more than 3 and you should be dead, also death with 1 higher power round than 7.62, real helmets wont stop any direct hits.
Bad Company till the day I die...
Got shot at:
Blackwater

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 pm

So you are always going to know exactly what type of gun just shot you?

As for MCGs post about having to call yourself out for being hit in the arm, it would actually be more realistic to have him out of the game for longer rather than not having to count it at all.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Echo1 Operator
Echo1 Rep
Echo1 Rep

Re: MilSim -vs- Airsoft

Post by Echo1 Operator » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm

TeamBadCompany wrote:
MCG wrote:I like you idea of medics and injuries, Ian. It's always frustrated me when I get winged in the arm and have to call myself out.

One thought though, if we're going for the ultimate realism here, what if people wearing plate-carriers could take say three shots to the chest before having to call themselves out? I'm not sure if that would erupt into arguments, or if it would work... thoughts?
Any gun modelled after a gun that shoots 5.56 or 7.62 should be a respawn with stretcher (or a medic) if you have a plate carrier if not a shot to the chest should be a kill, army plates are rated to 3 - 7.62 rounds, more than 3 and you should be dead, also death with 1 higher power round than 7.62, real helmets wont stop any direct hits.

5.56 and 7.62 is pretty vague. Mixing real ballistics and body armor in airsoft is a failure waiting to happen.
Dominum wrote:So you are always going to know exactly what type of gun just shot you?
Not to mention all of the different caliber choices available for some guns.
Vet of: Redfox Feb. 19, TDC, Airfarm May 28, CID2, PWC 2, OP Blackwater 2, OP:24-3, Elite Squad Games, Op: Flash Heaven, 38th Parallel, OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012, Red fox Sep. 15, Red fox March 2, PBC March 30, TDC 2, Op: Comet Drop, PBC Aug. 8, Fulda Gap 2013, Redfox Nov. 23, Red fox Jan 18, Airfarm Feb 15OP: SOCO, COB 2, OP: Ice Cubed, Airfarm Aug 4th, Fulda Gap 2012,OP: Second Sun, OP: SOCO, COB 2,
TEH SCAA WILL RISE AGAIN

SteevoLS
Admin
Admin

Post by SteevoLS » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:49 pm

It's nearly impossible to determine "live" or "dead" status based on what gun you go shot with. Unless it's a one-on-one fight, you can never be sure who shot you and I doubt the guy on the other end is going to pull out a dead rag, find an admin, and politely inform him that Player A has been shot with a mock 7.62 round and is therefore dead.

Edit: Just realized that Dom, AS11, and I all posted basically the same thing. Oops!

TeamBadCompany
I love forums!
I love forums!

Post by TeamBadCompany » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 pm

i edited that ffrom the "new rules" thing, it was a post i had and yall were talking about different colored marking bbs, and now that i think about it, u are right
Bad Company till the day I die...
Got shot at:
Blackwater

Romba

Post by Romba » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 pm

I dont think anyone will want to put those marking bb's through their guns... Unless KSC comes out with a marking BB.

Dominum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dominum » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Marking BBs are inherently problematic, no matter who makes them or how high quality they are. Simply being a marking BB means they are coated in something that can and will gunk up everything it touches.
PRincess and jsts ghost CERTIFIED "Tier 1 Operator"
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Searching for my goats since 2009"
"All you have done here is take the typical leftist line and regurgitate it in a barely palatable,
quasi poetic, pseudo intellectual format. Quite frankly, that makes you a moron."[/align]
  ▲
▲ ▲
[align=center]V[/align]

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:38 am

Another reason why the Realmil's in NC are invite only. If you get busted not calling your hits not only are you gone, but the person who invited you to the game gets banned from a couple of events too. I have never been to a real mil where I ever heard "Call it" It simply doesn't happen. Real mils are about playing with honor, so marking bb's are not needed. Real Mil's are about a lot more than shooting people too. They aren't for everyone, but I think a lot of people would enjoy them if they game them a shot.

Gambler
AJAXian
AJAXian

Post by Gambler » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 am

Stealth Hero wrote:It's fine. I learned the internet on a very hellish forum full of elitist jerks. That simple minded insult wont provoke me.

Good for you Stealth. Just ignore the troll and he will go away.